It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historian Webster Tarpley Analyzes Bush's Behavior on 9/11

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The funny thing is if Bush rushed out the haters would be claiming he should have stayed, and as he stayed the haters claim he should have left immediately.

The fact is the haters will hate anything Bush did or did not do!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Not the nation at ease, the school children you mean. The nation did not know about his visit to that particular school, it was not on every news channel. In what way shape or form is the nation at ease by the commander staying in a school, who were unaware if not for media exposure of his reaction in the days proceeding. You may be competent in physhciatric diagnosis but not in witness testimony or chronological time events. I understand you having a differing perspective to me but leadership skills are still open to interpretation regardless of your expertise in a complementary subject to this particular matter.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
So essentially this comes down to one thing: Bush didn't react and respond in a manner in which some people think appropriate. And because he doesn't act the way some people think he should have, well by God something is up.

To clear up a few things: it doesn't take the Secret Service ten or 15 minutes to come up with a plan on where to go and how to get there. When it comes to a dignitary, the protection detail removes them from the location where a threat is immediately and then goes from there. The amount of advance work is mind boggling and I won't go in to what all happens, but they didn't arrive at that school without having multiple egress routes already predetermined to reach multiple locations in the event of a threat or an attack.

As far as the school being lightly guarded: no. Secret Service would've had people at the school for several days, if not a few weeks, before the visit ever happened. Agents from the local office working the advance party, and then "The Detail" when Bush arrived. It may have been a soft target before he got there, but it would've been as hard a target as it could be made once he was there. It's still a school and not Fort Knox, but that was the safest school in America that day.

One of the rules of being a leader is "don't show your ass to those you lead." Personally (emphasis on personally), I think that's what Bush was doing. There was no apparent threat to his person or his location, so there was no need for Secret Service to rush him out of there. The protocol for something like that is to keep the President updated, quietly, and get out as soon as it can be done without raising a lot of eyebrows.

Which, ironically, is pretty much exactly what happened.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

Ok you seem to be avoiding my question, its really quite frustrating because I am assuming that you do not actually believe that a shadow government threatened Bush with nuclear strikes on the ME, however you seem to think that by admitting to this you are going to "lose" in some how rather than having won over ignorance.

So let me ask you again, and like i have said, I would appreciated a strait up answer.

So for the third time now;

Do you believe that following the attacks of 9/11 that members of a shadow government contacted Bush and told him that unless he attributed the blame of the attacks on the Al-Qa'ida terror group that they would then launch nuclear missile strikes against leading cities in the Middle East?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Here you go from the man himself...

Enjoy...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce
The funny thing is if Bush rushed out the haters would be claiming he should have stayed, and as he stayed the haters claim he should have left immediately.

The fact is the haters will hate anything Bush did or did not do!

So true, I think that if other than a quick whisper in his ear, the Secret Service burst in guns out bundled him into "the Beast" and onto Air Force One the conversation would be different. People would be saying "see how quick they got him out, means they knew it was coming"

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

The nation did not know about his visit to that particular school, it was not on every news channel.

Yes they did.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
There was no apparent threat to his person or his location, so there was no need for Secret Service to rush him out of there.

How did the SS or anyone know this though? His visit to the school and therefore whereabouts that day were well publicized in advance. The country was being attacked and it so it was within every logical thread of reasoning that the attack plans may have included him as a target.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
People keep making the mistake that the children knew about the planes. They did not. They knew something was wrong based on an ear whisper and bushes reaction. The children sensed something but not the true extent of what happened. So he could easily leave as the children did not have "fear" like many have stated. He could easily say I have business to attend to to leave the kids to ponder what was said, not in fear and despair like many have attempted to portray already in this thread. In the words of Ali g "keep it real". Cheers

His security needed a window of opportunity to make the decisions about what to do with him. First question you would ask as a security agent: Is the President safe where he is? The answer was yes. That gave them a few minutes to make plans for taking him to a safe location. In all the panic they would not have known for sure that there was not a threat even outside the school itself. The actions of the President and his people were by the book. First thing secure the President's immediate safety. Agents them would check outside, arrange a secure departure from the school to his jet with security along the route. Then decide where the jet is taking the President where he will be safe. That is just some of the decision making required and they did all that in a very short space of time without panicking the children and everybody else. Imagine what it would take when you have one set of plans and then have to completely change tact with a severe and unknown threat that was still unfolding on a massive scale.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

They knew the planes that did not made contact and knew they all where 2 and a half hours away?
edit on 13-7-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

He's reacted like someone given the big news that America is under attack - does not change the fact that he is a tool, in my humble opinion of course - and by tool I mean a puppet, as well as a bumbling idiot.

Osama Bin Laden, from an unknown location, attacked NY, the Pentagon and a field.

The Taliban, the ruling regime at the time in Afghanistan was attacked for giving him safe haven prior to the event, as well as land for training terrorists. There were some spoils of that particular war - a benefit of being a part of the coalition of the willing who agreed to the liberation of Afghanistan..........because freedom and democracy

Then we took out Saddam, and his sons.......because weapons of mass distraction.

and so on, and so forth.

Now both countries are sunshine and lollipops.

But we got the oil, and poppies.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Shamrock6
There was no apparent threat to his person or his location, so there was no need for Secret Service to rush him out of there.

How did the SS or anyone know this though? His visit to the school and therefore whereabouts that day were well publicized in advance. The country was being attacked and it so it was within every logical thread of reasoning that the attack plans may have included him as a target.

I cannot remember the name of it but there is a really interesting documentary that goes into movement of the leader in the first couple of hours after 9/11 and discusses the security precautions taken. if i find it I will post a link.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I don't have time to watch the vids because I run a business but. . .
IIRC he stayed because it was thought the first plane was an accident.
But left as soon as the second plan hit because they knew it was an attack.

Plus have you looked at google maps for the school?
school
How are you going to pick that thing out at 400mph?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

How are you going to pick that thing out at 400mph?

Blind luck.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Honestly who there would say he's wrong? The children affected? No. His aids? No journalists looking for future interviews? No. The school who were lucky to have an audience with the president looking to further improve relationships? No. They all have an agenda (no matter how small or trivial) to agree with his stance/conduct. Please apply your field of expertise to objective thinking. You are aware they are emotional stakeholders in this situation.

I would also ask that you apply you own professional standards too when replying to The OP. You don't agree with his rationale/perspective on life yet resort to border line bullying tactics and slang matches. You would not apply these same standards to patients of delusions of grandeur or easily susceptible people, which you clearly feel he is.

I have much respect for your profession and you possibly don't get the credit you and you colleagues deserve but your debate style and willingness to belittle led me to believe you are having a divorce, before I knew you profession, which helps explain the apparantly frustration. This is not a PERSONAL attack designed to evoke hatred but I strongly suggest you apply the same standards of decency you would to an OP or someone with differing opinion to that of a patient, no matter how I'll founded or weird it may be. Remember we have ALL been misled by some form of media. I don't need to explain to you human nature.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

"May have" and "do" are two different things. A President is a target anywhere and everywhere he goes. It's not as if once they're inside a location they have no idea what's happening outside. I'm confident that the agents outside the school were cocked locked and ready to rock, and had there been any indication of an imminent threat to the school, he would've been gone in a hurry.

And let's be clear here: how many people here (and I'm not getting into the whole foreknowledge debate) reacted perfectly that morning? How many people were stunned and shocked? Bush sat there for a matter of minutes. Not hours. Minutes. So we're trying to beat Bush up for not reacting instantaneously (by running out of a school with cameras watching, mind you) to the news that people were flying planes into buildings.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
Really? Why do people always take that stance. I would prefer the commander of my entire army (by name) be closer to the big red button than an edition of where's waldo, if we are limiting to this basic concept. I would put it to you would you rather him stay reading books to unaware children than showing a willingness to pretend to do something? ( call for immediate public announcement, safer location etc etc)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Really? Why do people always take that stance. I would prefer the commander of my entire army (by name) be closer to the big red button than an edition of where's waldo, if we are limiting to this basic concept.

And yet he was out of danger where he was...as Washington was a target and the White House was too.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The President is ALWAYS close to "the big red button," regardless of whether he's at the White House or on a farm in Iowa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join