It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

* SEVERE WEATHER ALERT* - Damaging Winds; Large Hail & Tornadoes; Likely Today in the Midwest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Damaging Winds; Large Hail & Tornadoes; Likely Today in the Midwest

Good Morning, ATS.

I thought I'd post this real quick - considering the potential for an extremely dangerous weather scenario, that is currently unfolding in the Midwest...
- and it's always good to be prepared, and to stay informed!

Jul 13, 2015 - Day 1 Convective Outlook

...SUMMARY...
MULTIPLE ROUNDS OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF DAMAGING WINDS... TORNADOES AND LARGE HAIL ARE LIKELY TODAY AND TONIGHT ACROSS MUCH OF THE MIDWEST... BUT ESPECIALLY ACROSS PORTIONS OF ILLINOIS... INDIANA... KENTUCKY AND SOUTHWEST OHIO.
www.spc.noaa.gov...

www.spc.noaa.gov...

This is a developing situation - so any updates and/or changes to the forecast will be made accordingly.

Tornadoes, Derechoes Possible Monday; Serious Severe Weather Outbreak Likely (FORECAST)

Broiling heat, extreme humidity fueled by a maturing corn crop, and an unusually strong jet stream by July standards will all combine to bring a potentially major severe weather outbreak, including tornadoes and swaths of widespread wind damage, across a large part of the Midwest, Ohio Valley and Mid-South on Monday. Additional severe weather will spread south and east Tuesday into areas usually well into the summer doldrums by now.
www.weather.com...

More Information can be found at the links provided^

If you live in these areas, please remember to monitor your local news stations - and keep watch for any alerts or warnings in your area!

All the Best & Be Safe!
edit on 13-7-2015 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This is just as I predicted in May in one of my threads. It largely got ignored, but I was right. This setup has been in the making since early April. Hopefully everyone stays safe and keeps a very close eye on the weather over the next couple of days. I really think it's going to be an outbreak scenario. All the ingredients are there for it.

Stay safe folks.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Furthermore, here is the current PWO; detailing what to expect at the epicenter of the risk area.

Public Severe Weather Outlook (PWO)

www.spc.noaa.gov...

...Severe thunderstorms expected over parts of the Midwest and Ohio
Valley later today and tonight...

* LOCATIONS...
Illinois
Kentucky
Indiana
Southwestern Ohio
Far eastern Iowa

* HAZARDS...
Widespread damaging winds, some hurricane force
A few intense tornadoes
Scattered large hail, some baseball size

* SUMMARY...
Multiple rounds of severe thunderstorms capable of damaging
winds, tornadoes and large hail are likely today and tonight
across parts of the Midwest and Ohio Valley, but especially
across portions of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and southwestern
Ohio.

Preparedness actions...

Review your severe weather safety procedures for the possibility
of dangerous weather today. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio,
weather.gov, or other media for watches and warnings. A watch
means that conditions are favorable for severe thunderstorms
over the next several hours. If a severe thunderstorm warning is
issued for your area, move to a place of safety, ideally in an
interior room on the lowest floor of a sturdy building.

&&
www.spc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Stay alert folks, if you don't have to travel do not... If you do figure out your route and pick some spots you can stop and be able to shelter in safe buildings, if things go belly up.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
FREE car wash coming!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Everyone in the path please be safe and keep your eyes open.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Sounds like typical summer weather in the mid west. For those of us that grew up in this area it's nothing new.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: iunlimited491

I'm in the middle of Hellinois and have my camera ready.

I'll post pics when/if it gets ugly. Stay safe people.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Heads up! Typical July headed your way. Look for bow echo storms especially.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Wouldn't that area be the Mid East or are those two words now bad words in the American Vocabulary? I would think that Midwest would be in the west half of the country.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wouldn't that area be the Mid East or are those two words now bad words in the American Vocabulary? I would think that Midwest would be in the west half of the country.

There's Rust Belt Midwest and Great Plains Midwest. I've never heard it referred to Mid East in the US, even when I was growing up and the Mideast wasn't a dirty word. It has to do with how the country expanded. The Midwest moniker sort of slid west as the borders did and wound up applied to two separate regions, so you have to be careful when you hear it.

For example, I clicked in here all confused because I live in the Great Plains Midwest and couldn't figure out what this thread was talking about. We're supposed to actually have real heat today for one of the first days all summer, so storms were not at all on MY radar.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Hope all of our fellow ATS'ers stay safe (and anyone else that may be affected).

As a Brit though (and sorry for going slightly off topic), i was wondering if any of you could help with a query i have. Over here, we always seem to see these tornado warnings you get for the Mid West - and tornadoes seem, frankly, terrifying. Whilst i realise the Mid West is a very large area to cover, how common is it to actually witness tornadoes in these areas? By this i mean would everyone in the Midwest see tornadoes a some point or is it that you are much more likely in some areas than others? I have tried google but frankly i may as well have stuck my head in the drier for all the good that did!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Some areas are more prone than others. In my area, tornados are VERY common. I've seen so many I've lost count. We still aren't finished rebuilding from the last one that ripped through here.

Search for Washington Illinois tornado.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Thanks for that. I figured some areas would be more prone. Given this warning, stay safe. And good luck.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Southwest Mi.here.Major thunder/lightning and heavy rain started about an hour ago.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Oh it's going to rain and storm without a doubt. It's like clockwork for me, I'm taking the grandkids camping it always happens when i go camping .

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My wife looked it up and they call the whole middle of the country the Midwest, there is actually no East other than the North East. Now whoever made that system up is all messed up. I suppose long ago when they settled this country everyone was moving west, but that does not explain that all the East is in the midwest except the North East.

When you start to examine how screwed up how messed up everything is because someone long ago with prestige made policies that were not rational, you start to wonder why we do not fix things so they are corrected to a rational language so everyone can automatically see what is going on. There should be a mid east in this country and also an east. I can't understand how they could leave this like it is, making people unnecessarily worry or discount legitimate warnings that are relevant to where they live. Some scientific terminology is necessary, but this particular case is unfounded even though someone found how to confuse people.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Sounds like typical summer weather in the mid west. For those of us that grew up in this area it's nothing new.

looks like my area will be slipping by the worst of it. sky doesn't look happy but there isn't any ice punching through the windows either.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

you raise an excellent point sir.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Can depend on where you live. I grew up on the south shore of Lake Michigan, Gary, IN. Bad storms came in off the lake but they rarely turned into tornadoes over us. I don't think storms could get a spin going until they moved inland, slammed into hot air just south of us.

I remember only one tornado touching down in my neighborhood but cornfields south of us got them far more frequently.

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I hope for everybody's safety, but that said, I love me some severe storms. I'm in Cincinnati, so hopefully the major stuff will bypass us, but we'll see. Either way, time to ratchet-strap down the trampoline!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join