It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let’s make the Confederate flag a hate crime" - College prof calls to criminalize display

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

So if someone puts on KKK robes then claims they arent attempting to promote hatred and racism thats just like the confederate flag they represent the same principals.

If someone puts on a KKK robe there is no question as to there intent...you aren't very familiar with them are you?

The principles of the confederate flag are not the same as the KKK...please do us a favor and actually learn about what you have no clue about.

Both are full of hate and have no place in an America based on equality.

As I said you need to learn what your talking about...

canadafreepress.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Tell you what look at any picture that has the KKK in it and tell me what you see?

Is the American flag there?

Does that mean we ban the American flag because it is racist, or have racists made the flag that way because of who is flying it?

Calling the American flag racist is about as ignorant as it gets, but the confederate flag was made to be racist and represent racism. The American flag was not made for the sole purpose of racism like the confederate was, to compare the two is like calling Hitler Mother Teresa.
edit on 13-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Present day morality has no place in past history period.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

The point is its a racist flag that represents racism thus it could be considered provocative of hate speech thus a hate crime.

Wrong on all counts...see what I said is actually happening, your making yourself look silly.

BTW I live in a state that used it in their state flag so I do know it's history. Obviously you only know it because of youtube.

Try picking up an actual book instead of looking at youtube videos.

So if someone were to put on KKK robes then claim they arent attempting to promote hatred and racism thats just like someone putting on a confederate T shirt and saying it isnt racist. The confederate flag is based on racism it represents the same principals of what racism is. Both the KKK and the confederate flag are racist symbols of hate and have no place in an America based on equality.

What about white sheets? Are they racist symbols too? And the white pillow cases the KKK wore on their heads? are they all racist symbols too?

History is not only there for you to read, it's there for you to UNDERSTAND as well. Adopting a symbol and using it for another purpose doesn't change it's original meaning.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Who really didn't see this coming?

I mean, really folks. This is how the progressive mind works.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This has become such a joke now that it has hurt any credibility that race baiters may have had some years back.

The silent majority is waking up. I suspect the bleeding hearts are going to be regretting all this over-the-top rhetoric in ways they can't imagine at the moment. I have no idea what the blowback will look like, just that it will happen.

You can't poke a hornet's nest with a stick repeatedly without getting stung. That's what we say down here in the south.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The 1st Amendment protects all ye of "southern pride". You all can unclench your ass cheeks now.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

So if someone puts on KKK robes then claims they arent attempting to promote hatred and racism thats just like the confederate flag they represent the same principals.

If someone puts on a KKK robe there is no question as to there intent...you aren't very familiar with them are you?

The principles of the confederate flag are not the same as the KKK...please do us a favor and actually learn about what you have no clue about.

Both are full of hate and have no place in an America based on equality.

As I said you need to learn what your talking about...

canadafreepress.com...

The confederate flag was all about slavery and racism you need to read up on what it was made for. It was always a racist symbol and will always be that, no matter how many blogs try to spin it, it is and was a symbol of unequality and slavery. Those who wear it, fly it, and then say they dont promote the ideals of racism and slavery would be like dressing up in full Nazi gear start waving swastika flags and saying you dont hate Jewish people your just celebrating your Nazi heratage which is BS.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Putting "period" at the end of a sentence is both superfluous, and fails to reinforce your point.

How is the Confederate Battle Flag any more racist than the Swastika, just out of curiosity? Because I am pretty certain that there is no federal law banning the flying of that dark emblem, and yet people want to ban this one?

I find your arguments and logic chain lacking in continuity.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

The point is its a racist flag that represents racism thus it could be considered provocative of hate speech thus a hate crime.

Wrong on all counts...see what I said is actually happening, your making yourself look silly.

BTW I live in a state that used it in their state flag so I do know it's history. Obviously you only know it because of youtube.

Try picking up an actual book instead of looking at youtube videos.

So if someone were to put on KKK robes then claim they arent attempting to promote hatred and racism thats just like someone putting on a confederate T shirt and saying it isnt racist. The confederate flag is based on racism it represents the same principals of what racism is. Both the KKK and the confederate flag are racist symbols of hate and have no place in an America based on equality.

What about white sheets? Are they racist symbols too? And the white pillow cases the KKK wore on their heads? are they all racist symbols too?

History is not only there for you to read, it's there for you to UNDERSTAND as well. Adopting a symbol and using it for another purpose doesn't change it's original meaning.

If there is a place making KKK robes they should be shut down period.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It's how an authoritarian mind works. But sure keep on insisting that your own don't also embrace authority... it only makes you look foolish and thus anything of value you might have to say, is completely drowned out.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
The 1st Amendment protects all ye of "southern pride". You all can unclench your ass cheeks now.

You'd think that a college professor would be familiar with the Bill of Rights.

link   

I am saying the tools of hate speech need to be removed, and hate speech shouldnt be allowed in any form.

There seems to be a few that disagree with you.

As I have said already your making yourself look silly.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It's how an authoritarian mind works. But sure keep on insisting that your own don't also embrace authority... it only makes you look foolish and thus anything of value you might have to say, is completely drowned out.

Like I said, progressive.

Don't get upset.

This is actually refreshing, in my humble opinion. He's saying what you all are probably thinking.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Seeking to restrict anyone's free speech... you put all our speech at risk, including your own.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

You'd think that a college professor would be familiar with the Bill of Rights.

I'd think that people constantly complaining about their rights being stripped away would also be familiar with the Bill of Rights, but I've been proven wrong before over and over about that. Welcome to the club of dashed assumptions.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The confederate flag was all about slavery and racism you need to read up on what it was made for.

I think you really need to take your own advice...because you are simply clueless.

Do you live in a state that has pride in that flag and what it stands for?

Because I do and have many conversations and discussions with those who know more about the flag than you ever will, but feel free to educate me on something you have no clue about.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

BS! Is there some kind of reason you can't use words properly? Progressive is not a substitute for Authoritarian. An Authoritarian Conservative doesn't suddenly become for a woman's right to choose, higher taxes on corporations etc. Come on dude pull a little of your integrity out of the dung heap.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Seeking to restrict anyone's free speech... you put all our speech at risk, including your own.

No I am seeking to restrict hate speech because hate speech is illegal.

You dont have the freedom to call for and promote genocide or slavery and if thats what is being done expect the confederate flag to soon be a thing of the past.

I say good riddance its about time the law stopped looking the other way.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I mean, really folks. This is how the progressive mind works.

And this is how your mind works... ONE person expresses their opinion and you smear the entire "progressive" populace with that opinion...

Lame...
edit on 7/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join