It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Let’s make the Confederate flag a hate crime" - College prof calls to criminalize display

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
People like this are making these things up in order for racism and other agendas to flourish. Without creating these things, there is no cause from which to have a platform of power. He is either knowingly or unknowingly doing this, just like the MSM doing these things so they have a place of power. Without them, these things would be dead in the water including the whole issue of racism being politicized and beaten to death. This guy needs to be committed to an insane asylum, or jailed for attempting to incite rioting. (his own idea thrown right back at him so he learns how ludicrous it all is.)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Come the revolution, I'm beginning to think that we should add college/university profs to the list that contains lawyers.

--Just a joke, really!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No justice like bandwagon justice!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

The Chinese factory worker is no more a slave than most workers in the West were in the early days of the Industrial Development and maybe no worse than many Western workers today. They are "slaves" because that job means more to them and their families than anything. I guess you don't understand what a dreadful time they had before their industrial boom?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hate crime is dangerous waters...
Political Correctness and censorship, in Germany one may not question certain parts of history, by law...

Another thread alluded to it becoming punishable in Japan, to publicly speak ill of FUkushima.

It is unbelievable that a University professor is not smart enough to understand that hate crime laws pave the road to ever lessened freedom of expression, erosion of democracy, thoughtcrime.

I do not watch MSM but overflow tells me that those in control of media and state affairs, are promoting such divisive and destructive agenda, centered now around the confederate flag.

Those with power, behind the media want
to make everyone a criminal
continue to erode freedoms of speech and expression
Make America believe the is more racism than there is, divide people whom in reality are more unified,

But as to the rebel flag , what they are really scared of it what it represents: Rebellion.

If the US citizens become revolutionary in any sense, those in control do not want the people to have the power inspired by a Rebel flag.
Who are the Brain Police? This stupid prof is only presented to us to meme legitimacy to thoughtforms that intelligent Americans are above, and wiser than.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ban everything that I find offensive!!!

Book burning is next.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Book burning is next.

Thought banning Fox News was next.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

Another thread alluded to it becoming punishable in Japan, to publicly speak ill of FUkushima.

Which is false, btw.

edit on 7/13/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Book burning is next.

Thought banning Fox News was next.

You're probably right, no one reads anymore,anyway.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Another thread alluded to it being made unlawful to speak out against certain policies in Spain.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
MA teaches a version of the civil war that makes them look like heroes, and completely negates the fact the war was started only after the south seceded. They teach that they led the way on civil rights and never had any racism like the dirty south.

link   
Typical liberal college professor, former hippie, forces his students to jump on whatever liberal bandwagon that trends.

link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

I think you got all of the above correct. Everything you mention is happening, and it isn't a coincidence in my opinion, and very well and probably is being done and helped by CIA/NSA. Things like this are their bread and butter anyways and getting the public en-mass to think and feel a certain way is old news. Even if they are not doing or helping any of these things, I bet they sure are loving it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
MA teaches a version of the civil war that makes them look like heroes, and completely negates the fact the war was started only after the south seceded. They teach that they led the way on civil rights and never had any racism like the dirty south.

Your Ma sounds like an awful person.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Your Ma sounds like an awful person.

You should hear his PA.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I bet they do, and make no mention of the Copperheads.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Lets just abolish the Constitution and have a good ole Free For All on the Country/

Let us just settle our differences in Blood and whoever remains standing is the Victor, Once and for all...Shall We?

Its time this country had an Enema, a real Cleansing...One for the history books

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: diggindirt

The Chinese factory worker is no more a slave than most workers in the West were in the early days of the Industrial Development and maybe no worse than many Western workers today. They are "slaves" because that job means more to them and their families than anything. I guess you don't understand what a dreadful time they had before their industrial boom?

That's not what my Chinese friends tell me but perhaps you have visited the factories and inspected them? They've had relatives taken to those factories, some as young as 11 years! TO MAKE APPLE PRODUCTS!
Perhaps it is okay because "they are no worse off" than someone at some particular time? You do realize, do you not, that some slaves in the old South were "no worse off" than those factory workers in the textile mills in the Northeast US? They had homes, food and medical care provided and could work to earn money to buy their freedom. Chinese children don't have those options.
If your conscience can be salved by "no worse off" then continue to buy the products of slave labor and contributing to the corporate coffers. They need your money to buy more Congress critters and Chinese slaves.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Typical liberal college professor, former hippie, forces his students to jump on whatever liberal bandwagon that trends.

That guy is no liberal!
If he ever was a hippie he has gone to the dark side. Hippies were liberals---we marched for free speech, not restricted speech.
This dude is an authoritarian, something no liberal would have any truck with.
I have no doubt that he might call himself a liberal---Hillary calls herself a liberal as well---but their words and actions show a different picture. This is an authoritarian stance---nothing liberal about it. I think this particular form of authoritarianism is currently called Progressive.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It seems that with each passing day comes more silliness and hysteria and talk of racism. I saw a story this morning, linked on another page from the DailyFail, about a new database of about 46,000 British citizens whose ancestors had slaves. I have to ask, what is the point? It's history, long gone and has absolutely no bearing on events today or even those whose ancestors had or profited from slavery.
Left out of course are the big banks who also profited from slavery, and the rich families, banking and corporate elites, as well as royals, who also would have owned slaves and profited from their sale!

It's another distraction, along with all the recent hysteria around feminism and LGBT shenanigans, to keep us looking in the wrong direction and away from the issues that really matter.

I remember many MANY years ago, working in a small company where we had several people of Indian and Pakistani descent, as well as one Afro-Caribbean and a guy from Ghana. We all got along just fine, but the Afro-Caribbean guy was a militant SOB and was harping on about reparations and what us whites owed him and "his people" all the damned time.
One day I had enough and let rip at him about it, pointing out that if it hadn't been for slavery a couple hundred years earlier, he'd be wearing a loincloth and chasing his lunch with a spear, instead of living in a nice house, having a good job and jumping in his BMW to nip round to the shops to buy lunch. I was immediately branded a racist and called all sorts of names that would likely get me a posting ban under the T&C's on here if I repeated them.
Thing is, when he tried to have a go at me, the Indians, Pakistanis and the guy from Ghana all defended me and told him to jump in the lake, in so many words!

The point is, there have always been rabble rousers and militants pushing agendas in all social and political spheres. It's used these days on a larger scale as a deflection from more important current events and as a divisive action, by those attempting to keep society at each others throats and the focus off their own misdeeds.
In effect, it doesn't matter what happened a few hundred years ago. What matters is what is happening right now, to us and the current generation we are a part of, but people get so caught up in the hysteria, egged on by the media and perceived mass hurt suffered by one group or another, and obligingly follow the herd instead of thinking for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join