It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Released My Next Book!

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I wanted to share my news! I have just released the third book in my middle grade mystery series, and sixth novel to date!!!

I'm excited about this one, and I'm so happy to be building on this series. If you have enjoyed Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys or Trixie Beldon, then this is a series that you would most definitely like!

Right now it is available as an ebook on Amazon, but I will have the paperback out by next weekend.

Blurb:

What should be a quiet week at the beach turns into the most challenging mystery that Sam and Ally have uncovered yet. What’s the truth behind the odd family renting the cabin next-door? Is the tale of a sea creature and haunted lighthouse just a myth? How does a missing girl, and suspicious boat tie into all of it? The girls can’t solve this puzzle on their own, so they turn to their brothers for help.

Travel with them to the scenic Washington Coast and into the Olympic Rainforest, where the four have to work together to untangle the clues and fit the mysterious pieces together.

Link to Amazon

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: westcoast Excellent! Congratz

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I am happy for you. To see someone's work become a concrete reality that is shared with others, is inspiring.

Were I the girl on the cover, I would be writing 'HELP' much bigger, and further from the waves.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thank you!

And Ecapsretuo....she actually found the word!
(it had been written while the tide was out....)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: westcoast
Thank you!

And Ecapsretuo....she actually found the word!
(it had been written while the tide was out....)

The mystery deepens....

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

Congratulations! Do you self publish?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks, and yes I do! It has been a long road and I am still learning as I go.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Awesome!

Well done westcoast.

I wish I had something else of value to add, but its a lot of hard work making things like this - I don't think a star / flag quite gets that across. So ummm ... I wrote this stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

How fun!
The sound of innocence
grows louder with naivety.

Those were the days.

I hope the children exercise
their imagination
with your book
this summer.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Very nice.
I'm sorry, but I have to ask. I'm not taking a poke at you, but Is this ok to advertise your product here? I have a lot of things.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Congratulations! How exciting!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Actually, that is a very good question and likely what might be considered a grey area.

A bit of history: I participated in various writing competitions and other activities (debates) here on ATS several years ago (hence my writer/fighter status) and during that time was when I began to write my first published book, which turned into a trilogy. It's actually a scifi with deep roots in conspiracy and ancient alien theories, so there are a lot of tie-ins (and even a mention) to ATS. At the time, I got permission from the Overload himself to write a thread about the books.

I have continued to provide updates on my writing journey, and it often leads to great discussions on self-publishing, etc. and writing in general.

I know there are rules about advertising, and I would never want to cross them....so I think it has to a lot to do with relevance, etc. For example, I wouldn't come on here and promote and try to sell my photography that I also do, or......say, if I sold Avon or something. (which I don't)

edit on 13-7-2015 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Greetings old friend westcoast:

As an Ellensburg Bulldog and a former Kittitas County Volunteer Firefighter, we salute you!

With great respect,
tfw
Peace Light Love

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

Lol...thanks!! Nice to be reminded every once in a while how small the world is!!

I've got two free review copies available, so the first two who message me with an email that can receive an ebook from Amazon gets them!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Congratulations. I am honestly impressed. I would send you a message because I would love to read it, but I would rather it go to someone who can write a more eloquent review than I could. I think having having paper back copies would be pretty sweet.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Thanks, Calstorm! No one has requested a copy yet, so feel free!

I will have paperbacks available after this weekend. It takes several hours to format and I'm working a full week this week, so I just don't have time. The paperbacks are my favorite! There is something SO cool about holding it in your hands.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Congrats. Kudos to the cover artist as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Nice work, I hope to release a book myself one day
Tho I still gotta learn as I'm writing
I'm trying to write some sort of guide on how to survive the apocalypse
Never know when it comes in handy

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Rasponov

Good luck with your writing! There are all sorts of ways to approach that type of story. You could do it as a fictional story, or as an actual guidebook, with step-by-step instructions. I think they would both be fun to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I'm actually doing the step by step guide book
of course, I got a lot to cover as there is more than one kind of apocalypse
But I'll get there, eventually

new topics

top topics

join