It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you truly Love your Neighbor?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I find myself in a unique position.

When I read the Sacred Texts from Egypt, Zoaster, Vedas, Siddhartha Gautama, Plato, Mohammed, Moses and Christ, the Tao, Confucius, Native American Spirituality, Sikhism, Tibetan Book of the Dead, Homer, and many other scared texts,

I don't find any theological contradictions. A few temporal contradictions exist in the various laws, but the Spirit behind the laws appears to be Love and Reason. The various laws were necessary at the time the law was given.

I do however find stories that sound far different from what some of the modern religious teachers preach, but myself I don't find the contradictions they preach.

To me the writers of the sacred texts were all prophets, apostles, and teachers. When someone attempts to ridicule the scriptures that I find scared, you have offended my teachers. You have declared yourself superior to my teachers. You are declaring that you are more able to speak on behalf of God then the men who many around the world consider prophets.

Are you a prophet? Do you speak on behalf of God? Are you willing to pray for death if you are wrong? How far are you willing to go to establish yourself as superior to one of my prophets?

For anyone who follows my posts, you will find that I believe in religious harmony and the basic law that states do no unjust harm to others. When I come to you and say "Peace", and proclaim the prophets as my teachers, have you loved me when you attack my teachers?

If a man comes to you with any words other than Peace, you have a Devine right to defend yourself. However many of you on the forums preach peace in one thread then attack another man's teachers in another. Is this what your teachers taught you to do?

Maybe Mohammed isn't your prophet but he is mine. Maybe Paul is not an Apostle to you but he is an Apostles to me. Maybe Siddhartha Gautama isn't your teacher, but he is my teacher.

Koran 2:285. The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, as did the believers. They all have believed in God, and His angels, and His Scriptures, and His messengers: “We make no distinction between any of His messengers.” And they say, “We hear and we obey.

Your forgiveness, our Lord. To you is the destiny.”

Would you love me as your neighbor?

Please stop slandering my prophets, especially in threads that were written as loving and inspirational messages to fellow believers.

If you practice religious tolerance then you might HEAR the loving message found in ALL the texts, and silently accept that you differ in opinion on the rational of certain verses.

There are plenty of ways for us to debate the scriptures. Creating specific threads designed to question the validity of certain verses without slandering an entire religion, I think is the most appropriate way on ATS. But to post off topic material that distracts the readers from a loving post is not loving your neighbor.

If your neighbor says Peace, 100% religious TOLERANCE, is the only way to Love your neighbor.

You can't tell me you love me in one breath and slander my prophets in the next. You wasted your first breath, by poisoning your second.

edit on 12-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Which "Sacred Native American Texts" have you read?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Which "Sacred Native American Texts" have you read?

I have read 2 books, that were mainly compilations of quotes that have come from those who were considered spiritual leaders. I don't have them available to me at the moment, and I don't remember the names of the compilations.

I have also read a book written by an Englishman regarding the religion of the Great Spirit and the spiritually of the lodges. Agian I don't have the title.

I have also studied many of the end times prophecies, which according to most of the Native American traditions is the end of the current age and the begging of a new age of peace. I have also watched various programs on the different spiritual stories from the Native American Tribes.

I am sorry I dont have the names of the texts to share with you. But they were all purchased off the shelf at Barnes and Nobel, they are common.

I would be happy to discuss what I have learned if that is the reason for your question.

I believe the "Devine Spirit" or "Great Spirit", found in most of the Native American Spiritual writing is the same Holy Spirit found in the other religious texts.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I believe the "Devine Spirit" or "Great Spirit", found in most of the Native American Spiritual work is the same Holy Spirit found in the other religious texts.

I don't disagree, necessarily; however, I don't often run across anything claiming to be an authoritative source on tribal spirituality that wasn't written and/or produced by white men.

I was hoping you had had better luck.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I believe the "Devine Spirit" or "Great Spirit", found in most of the Native American Spiritual work is the same Holy Spirit found in the other religious texts.

I don't disagree, necessarily; however, I don't often run across anything claiming to be an authoritative source on tribal spirituality that wasn't written and/or produced by white men.

To me the two books that were compiled quotes from the various religious leaders were the most educational. I believe one was compiled by a Native American. Some revealing quotes about what they thought of the white man and his lack of spirituality.

I do agree, I would like to see more from the mouth of the Native American as well.

Add - maybe I should have worded the OP differently. Sorry if it was misleading.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Stupid question, but, "why is that?". I've been wanting to investigate and study on the teachings of the Native American Indians,but...I don't know where to start. It seems they participate almost solely in a spoken tradition and that they only speak to certain people who never record what they've been told.
Have you found any original sources?
Thanks

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Sacred Earth, Arthur Versluis &
Indian Spirit, Michael & Judith Fitzgerald, book of quotes

Both books look at spirituality from the Native American perspective. Scared Earth did a good job of comparing some Native American traditions to other religious and spiritual texts.

They both were biased in favor of Native American Spirituality. I created a post and added a few quotes from one of the books if your interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A very good book on Native American spirituality is "Black Elk Speaks" by John Neihardt.

Wiki describes the book as "an extended narration of the visions of the Lakota medicine man Black Elk."

An interesting read, I have it on my shelf.

a reply to: TonyS

new topics

top topics

join