It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help! With Cat Bath

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My cat Benjamin is a senior cat; he is 13 years old. In June of 2014 he was diagnosed with the early stages of kidney disease...I have had him on special food and medicine since then...up until very recently he was seemingly getting better. He has lost a pound and his fur is getting matted...now I have pretty much solved the fur problem...but now I need to bath him and he absolutely does not like being in water.

My question to my ATS friends is...is there a way to get him clean that is fairly easy and less stressful for him and me?

I love him so...and I think I may have him for just one more year...I want to make his last days as loving and comfortable as possible.

I send out an S.O.S. please help.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Claws. Claws and teeth.

Perhaps you could get a wet towel and gently wrap your cat in it. It might not be as effective as water and soap, but it might be easier on you and your cat.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
They sell bath wipes for cats. They smell nice too.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I have a friend of mine who is going to give him a claw trim this week...I do brush his teeth. Definitely a claw trim before the bathing!

I like your idea...it just might work.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I am relatively certain they make a spray-on waterless shampoo for cats...

Google search

Hope it helps.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I didn't know they sold bath wipes for cats...thank you for the suggestion...I will look into it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Gently get a grip on the scruff of the neck and just hold him down, there's really no easy way about it, but that'll keep him pretty still. Also, if you don't have a detachable shower head with a hose, try the kitchen sink with the dish hose. The jets of water will clean a little quicker. That and use a flea comb, one pass over everything and you're done.

Cat's have bad short term memories, he'll forgive ya in no time.
edit on 12-7-2015 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea Then wipes are good, and will take a lot of loose fur off tto. But if you really must bathe him, try this. Fill the tub with about 4 inches of warm water (or a sink). Lay 1 or 2 fluffy towels right in the water. Then get the cat. The cushy towels sometimes help.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Thank you for your suggestion...I like this option.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Cat's have bad short term memories, he'll forgive ya in no time.

So true! I have had some interesting kitty bath battles and they really do forgive quickly. Though while they are being bathed they think you are killing them. LOL!

I would put warm water in a sink and put the cat shampoo in and mix it up good in the water before putting the cat in. Keep a good hold of the cat by the scruff of the neck and talk sweetly over their loud protests and bathe the cat as fast as lightening. Take the stopper out and let the soapy water go down the drain, grab the sprayer, rinse good, throw a big towel over it and let it rip through the house all pissy mad for a bit. He will calm down and come to you later all sweet and loving again.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good suggestions.

I'd use(manx syndrome kitten care) the bathing wipes for use in between big messes. Or how about a kitty burrito(towel wrap), only exposing the area that needs to be cleaned: One vid source on it

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I give my cat baths regularly. He loves it he sits there and purrs and purrs.

There's only one problem the hair keeps sticking my tongue ! Lol

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I do love cats. Our 2 have been a treat!

But this thread wouldn't be complete without this. . . .

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I give my cat baths regularly. He loves it he sits there and purrs and purrs.
There's only one problem the hair keeps sticking my tongue ! Lol

Somebody needs to make a thread full of nothing but Greathouse's jokes.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Put the cat in a cage or pet carrier and hose away? It's that easy! OMG ATS what happened to you?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Shucks ( kicks a pebble )

You will still need to keep one thing in mind. I go for quantity not quality .

Edit;

That is a old Steve Martin routine. But you're right it is my joke I told it to him . Lol
edit on 12-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Wear thick gloves and something to protect your arms. Something to protect your face would be good too.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea
My cat Benjamin is a senior cat; he is 13 years old. In June of 2014 he was diagnosed with the early stages of kidney disease...I have had him on special food and medicine since then...up until very recently he was seemingly getting better. He has lost a pound and his fur is getting matted...now I have pretty much solved the fur problem...but now I need to bath him and he absolutely does not like being in water.

My question to my ATS friends is...is there a way to get him clean that is fairly easy and less stressful for him and me?

I love him so...and I think I may have him for just one more year...I want to make his last days as loving and comfortable as possible.

I send out an S.O.S. please help.

A groomer.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
chainmail?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Put a clothespin on the scruff of kittys neck and it should keep it calm. I had to shave my gf's cat one time and I asked a groomer how they did it. Clothespin was much easier than when I tried to hold it down with a baseball glove.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join