It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pieces of Crashed F4 Jet, Near Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I got close to these remains last year. June of this year I hiked in to where I could see these pieces located on Google Earth.

I haven't closely inspected the pictures, but I wasn't able to locate a "tail number" or identification of this aircraft. I believe it's been here for a very long time, the desert seems to preserve this stuff.

There are many, many smaller pieces scattered throughout the area. Including a dummy inert bomb in a gully close by. This is located near a remote border crossing, close to the back/Rachel gate. As per my personal rules, leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures.

I've got video of this site, and the ride in as well. Will post on Youtube once I get it edited.
edit on 12-7-2015 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Scrap metal just lying around. Not for long if you post the location.

You say its an F4? Lika target drone maybe?

Image s

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Is that the crash near Rachel, or another crash?

lazygranch.com...

As the resolution of google earth improves, you can see these crashes, but you need to be in the general area.

This is the Jeremiah Weed crash:
www.lazygranch.com...

The people in the Little Alien will tell you where they think the crash is located, and will tell you that they are the bar in the story. They are incorrect.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

lazygranch.com...

Yup, same one I was at before, and I talked to you about.
I can tell, same inert dummy bomb, and I recognize that Bendix generator.
A lot of those parts you have pictured, I did not see. Like the tail section, etc. Unless it was on side of hill to north.
Or some a-hole packed the pieces out of there. Which is why I will never post coordinates.

I was in there for hours, dudes never showed up. I could have quadded to the base and back

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What type of plane is it from yall think? ...A-10 maybe?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Going at the fragments of that patch, it looks like the writing was Libertas Vel Mors, and that the shield had a red, gold ad blue motif. The closest image I could match is one of these:

thumbs4.ebaystatic.com...

Which would maybe make it something from the 388th fighter bomber wing (1953 - 1957)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

damn, good eye man. Although a variant, that's it for sure.

I wonder if it was a legit crash or a just coke can target.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Going at the fragments of that patch, it looks like the writing was Libertas Vel Mors, and that the shield had a red, gold ad blue motif. The closest image I could match is one of these:

thumbs4.ebaystatic.com...

Which would maybe make it something from the 388th fighter bomber wing (1953 - 1957)

en.wikipedia.org...

As per gariac's website, it is tail number 66-227
According to this website, it was an F-4D Phantom
cgibin.rcn.com...
"0227 (388th TFW) crashed Mar 7, 1979, north end of Groom Lake range during Red Flag exercises. Both crew killed."

388th Fighter Wing is based at Hill AFB, Utah.
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

originally posted by: gariac

lazygranch.com...

Yup, same one I was at before, and I talked to you about.
I can tell, same inert dummy bomb, and I recognize that Bendix generator.
A lot of those parts you have pictured, I did not see. Like the tail section, etc. Unless it was on side of hill to north.
Or some a-hole packed the pieces out of there. Which is why I will never post coordinates.

I was in there for hours, dudes never showed up. I could have quadded to the base and back

The dudes have or had a camera to look in that direction. Maybe they don't bother with binoculars anymore.

That debris field is huge. You have to cross a small valley to get to the tail section. There is still stuff I haven't found such as the other dummy bomb. You probably want to use a GPS to mark your car location.

Shadowhawk and Tom Mahood are certainly at guru status in crash site searches, yet some yahoo found huge pieces of the Walt Ray's A-12 crash that they both missed. Pieces I missed as well. And nobody ever found the A-12 camera.

You can never find everything. I've seen schrapnel hanging in trees near crash sites. It is a very kinetic event!

new topics

top topics

join