It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA gets in on US Govt act - tells Aussies what to do.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ITSALLGOOD
Anyone in Australia an get a rifle as long as they dont have a criminal record and they join a gun club or have a letter from a property owner saying that they need the gun for removal of feral pests.

Thats the problem, when I was a kid i did not need to have a licence to have a gun. All I needed was parental supervision and permission to have the gun.

See how many hoops you've listed that they have put in place. Kids from the next generation will be saying 'well, anyone can have a gun if they :

dont have a criminal record
they join a gun club or
have a letter from a farmer that they can shoot on their property.
have a police clearance
have a national security clearance
does this
does that
has this
has that

I think you get the drift. Dont you see that its about slowly taking away the right to have a gun by stealth but keeping the appearance you still have rights and its still a free society.

cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
While I don't particularly care about Australia's gun laws, its their country and they can do what they want, I do think its rather ironic that people are getting bent out of shape about this given that any time there's a discussion of gun laws here in the US, inevitably, we have to put up with a flood of foreigners adding their two cents on the issue. While its ultimately pointless from both directions for a variety of reasons, it seems to me that turnabout is fair play. If you want the NRA and other US gun rights advocates to stay out of your business, practice what you preach and stay out of ours.

<< 1  2   >>

join