It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for Americans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here in Canada too, the election is going to be one of the most negative in memory.

Instead of running on their record, all the Harper Conservatives are doing are bashing Justin Trudeau, and PERSONALLY bashing him and is family, not just his policies.

I remember when political campaign managers were concerned about going negative in campaigns, now, it's how they start.

No one, in the USA or Canada, runs on their record anymore.

Except for Bernie Sanders.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: BubbaJoe

but am damn glad for what my taxes pay for.

Really?

Glad our government blows it studying cow farts,hookers, and other stupidity.

It's 'endless' wars, and arming of dictators in the middle east.

And the list of every other fraud, and abuse that goes with 'taxes'.

I'm not glad no will ever be.

Let me guess, you draw social security and medicare, but don't need any federal help?

Care to discuss the topic or how much 'free' stuff people want?

So you are willing to admit to SS and Medicare, but don't want the feds handing out anything to anyone else. I suck off the government teat, but I gave 7 years of my life to get the VA benefits that I do. Be honest, don't pretend you have done everything on your own when you have grabbed every government handout that has come along, have you ever claimed the EITC?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

So you are willing to admit to SS and Medicare

Neither one should exist. Considering how they came about, and how they are funded.

Since employers are matching those contributions, and a persons actually contribution is 6%, and gets more money and benefits out than they ever paid in.

Given the fact that private retirements, and healthcare RUNS circles around BOTH.

Be honest, don't pretend you have done everything on your own when you have grabbed every government handout that has come along, have you ever claimed the EITC

Hate to rain on those assumptions of grandeur. NO never have.

Want to get back to the topic or just want to keep discussing posters?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So you are willing to admit to SS and Medicare

Neither one should exist. Considering how they came about, and how they are funded.

Since employers are matching those contributions, and a persons actually contribution is 6%, and gets more money and benefits out than they ever paid in.

Given the fact that private retirements, and healthcare RUNS circles around BOTH.

Be honest, don't pretend you have done everything on your own when you have grabbed every government handout that has come along, have you ever claimed the EITC

Hate to rain on those assumptions of grandeur. NO never have.

Want to get back to the topic or just want to keep discussing posters?

SS and medicare have been around for 70 years, you honestly think you are going to get rid of them. Tell some of my tax clients how well their private retirements did in the last debacle. The Supreme Court determined them legal, along with inter-racial, and gay marriage. I told you what I wanted in my political candidates 2 or 3 pages back, just keep up the deflection.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Here in Canada too, the election is going to be one of the most negative in memory.

Instead of running on their record, all the Harper Conservatives are doing are bashing Justin Trudeau, and PERSONALLY bashing him and is family, not just his policies.

I remember when political campaign managers were concerned about going negative in campaigns, now, it's how they start.

No one, in the USA or Canada, runs on their record anymore.

All of that is true; but this thread isn't about that. It's about what YOU want as a constituent.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The 'deflection' is the off topic remarks.

There is no right to either SS or medicare.

The Scotus eh ?

Social Security is not an insurance program at all. It is simply a payroll tax on one side and a welfare program on the other. Your Social Security benefits are always subject to the whim of 535 politicians in Washington.

Thats who said that.

www.cato.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The 'deflection' is the off topic remarks.

There is no right to either SS or medicare.

The Scotus eh ?

Social Security is not an insurance program at all. It is simply a payroll tax on one side and a welfare program on the other. Your Social Security benefits are always subject to the whim of 535 politicians in Washington.

Thats who said that.

www.cato.org...

The topic was what do you want in your Politicians?

ETA Cato.org is a repub think tank, so would they say anyhing else?

edit on 7/12/2015 by BubbaJoe because: because I can

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Hey do you have a link or a name? All of those sound pretty spot on.

The part about decreasing earmarking and increasing transparency sounds familiar..

I think I heard that around 2008.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I want a real budget with a plan to reduce debt significantly

I want jobs to come back from oversees

I don't want any more wars

I want less taxes/entitlements

I want a president who's going to stand up for everyone's rights, not just when its politically advantageous

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

It took til page 4 to finally see his name on here.

I want what Bernie Sanders says.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: Greathouse

Hey do you have a link or a name? All of those sound pretty spot on.

The part about decreasing earmarking and increasing transparency sounds familiar..

I think I heard that around 2008.

Sorry dude I went to sleep. But yeah , he wants smaller government and less taxes if you're looking for a name " I stand with Rand "

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
a reply to: yuppa

Probably the most honest reply in this thread. Thumbs up to you.

I try. lol! YEah im a very simple man with simple needs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join