It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for Americans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

You take care of your little 100 acres that you acquired all on your own, with no help from banks, politicians, and utilities, and the rest of us will survive the best that we can.

I sure do. Sure the hell don't need government, and politicians to pay for my existence in this world, and give me things.

edit on 12-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

They are pretty hardcore constitution first second and last in their thinking... Not a party for all but right now you get what you see.

Last budget for the party(that I saw) showed zero dollars spent on salaries, it's people with a passion fed up with the current system and trying to change it from the inside,.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Both the political parties in the US are controlled by the same masters at the top. They push progressive ideals in schools and the media to keep the people at the bottom filled with apathy and fear. This is also the reason many conservatives no longer support the republican party.

Look how both parties will attack anyone just wanting to support the constitution. This is because progressive ideals do not mesh well with individual rights. Progressive ideals push the rights of the masses before all else. This has failed time after time in histories past but it does create a easily controlled population ripe for the picking.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

So what do you want?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I think the real 'conservatives' are those who support the state.

The statists.

ANYONE who worships at the alter of statolatry.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I would if I could, but I cant. I am a US citizen. Apparently that isn't allowed any more...

edit on 12-7-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

So you aren't allowed to form an opinion about what you want from your political candidates?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

You take care of your little 100 acres that you acquired all on your own, with no help from banks, politicians, and utilities, and the rest of us will survive the best that we can.

I sure do. Sure the hell don't need government, and politicians to pay for my existence in this world, and give me things.

Skipped the rest of my post though, because, I am sure you have public roads, public water, or a certified well. I don't require anyone to pay for my existence either, but am damn glad for what my taxes pay for. Let me guess, you draw social security and medicare, but don't need any federal help?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: beezzer

It's okay to rant.

So what do you WANT from your government?

I want my disability then to be left alone after.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Very honest!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Probably the most honest reply in this thread. Thumbs up to you.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

but am damn glad for what my taxes pay for.

Really?

Glad our government blows it studying cow farts,hookers, and other stupidity.

It's 'endless' wars, and arming of dictators in the middle east.

And the list of every other fraud, and abuse that goes with 'taxes'.

I'm not glad no will ever be.

Let me guess, you draw social security and medicare, but don't need any federal help?

Care to discuss the topic or how much 'free' stuff people want?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The thing is, no one realizes local, county, and state governments affect you life a whole lot more than the fed. Small town, big church, guess what the local laws are going to look like, WBC would be proud. Pull you heads out of the great beyond and put some of these local asshats down hard, may prevent more of them running in the future.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

As a Canadian, I get to see a lot of the "US Political Madness" via the internet, televisions ads I happen to see, all sorts of venues. It's often a more talked about subject than Canadian politics, which is sad.

That being said, the majority of things I see regarding US politics and the upcoming presidential election are entirely negative. Instead of focusing on what Americans DON'T want in their leaders, what DO you all want? Let's all remember that the president is one man as the head of a huge government overseeing 318+ million people.

That being said, do you ever get sick of voting for elected officials who can influence local politics however they like? Who would rather vote on issues than vote for elected officials?

I want Rob Ford for president!

In all seriousness though, US politics really have become more of a dog and pony show than real politics. Since usually none of the people that run have a real plan of action, they resort to making their opponent look worse, and it works every.single.time...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

but am damn glad for what my taxes pay for.

Really?

Glad our government blows it studying cow farts,hookers, and other stupidity.

It's 'endless' wars, and arming of dictators in the middle east.

And the list of every other fraud, and abuse that goes with 'taxes'.

I'm not glad no will ever be.

Let me guess, you draw social security and medicare, but don't need any federal help?

Care to discuss the topic or how much 'free' stuff people want?

You are seriously going to deflect, imagine that from a conservative. What do I want along topic, I want fraud to end, I want the BS spending to end. If we end fraud in this country, all the bills are paid, unfortunately, the conservatives support the Koch brothers, and this is fraud on a big level.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

As a Canadian, I get to see a lot of the "US Political Madness" via the internet, televisions ads I happen to see, all sorts of venues. It's often a more talked about subject than Canadian politics, which is sad.

That being said, the majority of things I see regarding US politics and the upcoming presidential election are entirely negative. Instead of focusing on what Americans DON'T want in their leaders, what DO you all want? Let's all remember that the president is one man as the head of a huge government overseeing 318+ million people.

That being said, do you ever get sick of voting for elected officials who can influence local politics however they like? Who would rather vote on issues than vote for elected officials?

I want Rob Ford for president!

In all seriousness though, US politics really have become more of a dog and pony show than real politics. Since usually none of the people that run have a real plan of action, they resort to making their opponent look worse, and it works every.single.time...

With some of the yayhoos we have had lately, hey snort an 8-ball and make a speech, something will make sense to someone.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I know exactly what I want in a President.. but know that I never will get it.

1) Someone who will put American citizens first.
2) Someone who will tend to American interests.. at home. ie: Fix OUR infrastructure, fix OUR unemployment problems, etc.
3) Someone who will stop pandering to other nations... Specifically Israel and Saudi Arabia.
4) Someone who will end foreign aid to other nations. All of em. If we can't even take care of our soldiers.. we have no business sending money overseas. Period.
5) Someone who does NOT hold a dual-citizenship. You can't serve two masters.
6) Someone who will end or at the very least audit the Federal Reserve. Then again we know what happens with that (Lincoln, JFK).

Of course all we get is more of the same. Obama was a little distraction from the Bush/Clinton brigade. And now here we are 8 years later.. and who are our choices going to be? Clinton and Bush. Your kidding yourself if you think Trump has any chance of getting the nomination. The candidates have already been picked. The victor has already been chosen.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Apparently this thread is being watched by the NSA . My uncle is a hitman he just sent me this email it is a codeword open contract to exterminate with extreme prejudice .

I would suggest full body armor I don't think a tinfoil hat will stop it .

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The voters are the problem. They love rhetoric, they love watching politicians talk smack. They are scared of countries without an air force halfway across the world. The USA will never face the threat of invasion, instead they protect 2 continents plus developed Asian countries, keep the sea lanes safe, use aid to keep client states in check all at the expense of the American. All government structures are bloated. The states pay taxes to fed to get the money back to build roads which ties into the drinking age blackmail.
Illegal immigration depresses wages along with destabilizing society.
But the voters buy into ads and thus tons of money gets funded into it.
In general the country is to largew especially when it it left the melting pot for multiculturalism.
Its sometimes difficult to cross the Canadian borders legally, they always hassle you at the Michigan Ontario border.
Canada does have other own cultural issues like French Canadians vs English but its still homogeneous compared to the USA

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I can understand the complaint; but what is it you would like to see in your leaders?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join