It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Run for president!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

As in all elections it really does not matter who you vote for, essentially they are already bought and paid for.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I definitely share these values. I'd love a government who didn't meddle too much in the lives of constituents who didn't need the help and who were doing no harm to the country or others.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

As in all elections it really does not matter who you vote for, essentially they are already bought and paid for.

Of course, and over the run of any election we hear this sentiment echoed over and over again. So much so that it drowns out entirely what people actually want from their government.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Government doesn't care about "the people".

Does a flower care about the dirt it grows from?

Government relies on the people to keep it fed. That's it.

The politicians are simply caretakers to the monolith. They are the high priests and priestesses to the icon of government.

They write confusing conflicting, contradicting laws with no more thought than a dung beetle gives to solar flares.

They feed government and themselves off the backs of everyone else. And when people grow suspicious and tired of government? They set in motion distractions that keep us bickering at each other.

If I were to build a monument to government, I would need 7 million cubic feet of fecal matter.

Sorry about the rant, and it's probably not what you're looking for, but that is my thought on the American government.

Best. Post. Ever.

ATS is now over. Make sure the last person out locks the door.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis

You really need to provide some legitimate sources for your statistics.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Government should build interstate highways and fight wars and deliver the mail.

No on building highways, and No on delivering the mail.

There was a time, and a place for the USPO with modern technology, and other carries that are private it's no longer needed.

The highways no because they build bridges,airports, and interestates to nowhere.

The states should be taking care of that. The entire country should no be footing the bill.

People that get no direct benefit should not be paying for it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What do I want? Well, that's pretty complicated.

I'd like a candidate that not only claims to understand the constitution, but can demonstrate it as well. Can they properly articulate the 2nd amendment and the General Welfare Clause?

They need to have a non-interventionist foreign policy with an emphasis on drawing back the military from foreign lands, closing foreign bases and eventually dismantling the military as it it. Allowing the states and the People the ability to form the forces needed to defend the United States.

This candidate would need to understand the original intent behind the Corporate Charter system and begin to highly regulate the corporations, or dismantle them as needed.

Finally, they need to prioritize our resources and begin to funnel whatever is necessary to ensure the people of this nation are taken care of. If we end just the war and security infrastructure, we could easily ensure basic needs are taken care of with just a small drop in the bucket needed to do so.

That's where I would start when looking for a candidate. But it's just a dream.
edit on 12-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

That is because it is true. What the people want is for honesty to be paramount and for scruples and morals to permeate throughout the government...good luck!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

It's okay to rant.

So what do you WANT from your government?

To
Be
Left
Alone

To enjoy the freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution.

Government should build interstate highways and fight wars and deliver the mail.

Everything else?

Just simply aids in the growth and dependence of government.

I want this too, also don't want my tap water to be flammable, want the food I buy at the grocery store to be safe, the roads I drive on to be good. Want the air I breathe to be clean, at this point all of these seem like to much to ask for in the conservative spectrum.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Such a great answer, thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

It's okay to rant.

So what do you WANT from your government?

To
Be
Left
Alone

To enjoy the freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution.

Everything else?

Just simply aids in the growth and dependence of government.

I want this too, also don't want my tap water to be flammable, want the food I buy at the grocery store to be safe, the roads I drive on to be good. Want the air I breathe to be clean, at this point all of these seem like to much to ask for in the conservative spectrum.

Bubba? I anticipated this and you didn't disappoint.

Is government the only agency capable of doing this?

As been pointed out, government is inefficient, costly, out-of-date, and horribly inept.

Any private company could probably do 10 times as much, at half the cost and be on time.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

We can also ensure SOME of these things for ourselves, sometimes. In my county we angrily opposed fracking to keep our watershed clean. I grow my own food to ensure it's safe. I realize these aren't always options, but I think people are denying themselves a lot of freedom by not attempting to be as self sufficient as possible.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i want legal mj and some sort of free healthcare program like the uk and canada

my other biggie was legalized gay marriage but that already happened.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

No on building highways, and No on delivering the mail.

There was a time, and a place for the USPO with modern technology, and other carries that are private it's no longer needed.

The highways no because they build bridges,airports, and interestates to nowhere.

The states should be taking care of that. The entire country should no be footing the bill.

People that get no direct benefit should not be paying for it.

You know, I have read your BS for about 4 or 5 years, and I am assuming that you live on 100 acre farm, and supply everything that you need to survive all on your own. Including, water, electric, and gas, however most of us are not in that position and we do require the government supply us with certain things. Pretty sure based on some of your responses, you are a trained physician and have a fully equipped emergency room and morgue. You take care of your little 100 acres that you acquired all on your own, with no help from banks, politicians, and utilities, and the rest of us will survive the best that we can.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Right now I'm living in europe so I stump for the Veterans party... If folks don't care for their ideas no big deal I start pointing out that staying a registered Democrat or Republican puts extra federal dollars in their coffers for election.. So if your pissed off at them both gtfo of them.

I like the vets party so far, they seem to have a plan... Take back the cities then you can get the counties, get the counties you get the state, take the states you have the fed by the short and currlies.

The strategy is take it from the bottom up, but that doesn't stop them from taking some bigger shots sooner.

They have already won a few seats at state level on shoe string budgets.

People are angry with the status quo now is the time to break the 2 party stranglehold.
edit on 12-7-2015 by irishhaf because: Fricking auto correct

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

We can also ensure SOME of these things for ourselves, sometimes. In my county we angrily opposed fracking to keep our watershed clean. I grow my own food to ensure it's safe. I realize these aren't always options, but I think people are denying themselves a lot of freedom by not attempting to be as self sufficient as possible.

If the state representatives actually represented the people *snort* then there wouldn't be fracking except in states where the people wanted it.

Then those people could "own" any effects due to that.

I love community gardens also.

I wish there were more of them! We buy most of our produce from farmers markets and locally grown farms!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I have to admit, I don't quite understand the logistics of why Canadians can afford universal healthcare, but the US cannot, but I'd love to see the US come together and fight for that. It's an amazing resource.

When I was 19, I worked as a debt collector for medical bills. It was horrible. Canadians are probably the worst people for this job because A) We're pretty laidback; and B) We have no background in having to pay huge medical bills, so we're pretty sympathetic and not at all willing to "Make the Debtors Pay" (The company's internal motto).

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: irishhaf

Sounds interesting. I've never heard of the Veteran's party, I'll have to look into it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I have to admit, I don't quite understand the logistics of why Canadians can afford universal healthcare, but the US cannot, but I'd love to see the US come together and fight for that. It's an amazing resource.

At the very outset when the politicians were beginning to put the ACA (Obamacare) together, a single-payer program was included. That would have been nice. But Obama and the Democrats caved to the insurance lobby. There were even hints at a possible universal system, which would have been the best option, but instead we got the trash heap that is the ACA.

We will have universal healthcare one day. We just have to grow up a bit first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join