It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why not just go to jail/prison?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Movie plot or not, it happens.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
I come from the UK and I know of a man that regularly used this method By his own admission. Once outside he got fat and went back inside to lose weight, I kid you not. When he wanted his teeth done he smacked a cop after they got called to him robbing a petrol station, he actually waited for them to arrive.
So I know it happens in the UK.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
ive often thought about this.
not for myself cause i have never been that down and out.

i think about all the goings on in the world.
all the people in this country that are homeless and/or starving. cant get work for whatever reason. dont qualify for assistance for whatever reason.
especially if you have a medical condition and/or you are in a cold climate. that is a rough spot to be.
why not go to jail?
food there. place to sleep there. medical care there.

you know, commit some non violent victimless(or as close as possible) crime, federal preferably and get sent up the river for a year or 2.
how much worse could it be than starving and freezing on the street.

throw a cinder block through a bank window and go pop a squat behind the managers desk.

no more starving. no more freezing.
go to some minimum security federal joint...

i dont know.

just something i think about

Something tells me you never been to jail or prison. three square meals a day is not three square meals a day, and recess is not exactly recess. and companionship is in comparable to the private sector

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
a reply to: Greathouse

ive heard the term 3 hots and a cot but i always figured that saying was more about people that wound up going to jail and really didnt care versus someone that did something on purpose so they could go to jail

it's also the saying in the Army lol..
In fact I was homeless for a bit before joining.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Many people do make that choice consciously or not. It's not a 'sane' decision but an 'expedient' one. Not clincially insane perhaps but symptomatic of underlying cognitive disfunction and a failure of our society.

edit on 12-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I love how people think things are so cut and dry .. "Just do X and Y and Z and everything works out!"

There are always variables, some act as potential hurdles that may seem impossible to overcome.

And EternalSolace is correct .. It does happen whether you've only seen such a thing on a cheesy movie or not.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It's the very unbalanced and violent people with huge chips on their shoulders that are the problem. . . not just the bad conditions and general environment that are the problem with jails.

But anyway:
www.neogaf.com...

SWEDEN

America

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Think long and hard before you choose jail/prison as opposed to the alternative.

You really don't want to be in jail or prison...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Because landing a job without a criminal record is hard enough. Short term solution that leads to longer term problems.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Have heard of some people in the North going because of not only the climate but limited shelter options-or at least in their mind. Many already have a long track record so they don't care figuring the hardships are never going to end anyway. Of course it'd be cheaper to help the repeat offenders- such as for petty crimes(and even the crime of just being homeless in some places) and lite marijuana offenses because they want to be off the street-to find housing or develop housing. That won't happen because the prison industrial complex needs to be fed!
edit on 12-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Right but how many times did that exact theme get enacted on the tv. Want to get arrested, throw a brick through a window.
Not a rock or a chair only a brick will do. Also make sure the place has an audible alarm so you're standing on the street next to the broken window with alarm bells ringing when the beat cop comes strolling down the street twirling his billy club. Shor and begorin boy-o did ya do this now? (Yes read that with an Irish accent to complete the picture). Then the paddy wagon comes along to cart you away.
I'm sure people have done this being highly suggestable creatures they would do it exactly as they've seen on tv.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join