It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know why Illegal Immigration into the US is so Attractive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I posted this in a comment section on another site and thought I would share it here as well.

You know why illegals flow in like water?

The immigration policies of this nation make it so attractive.

If you come in illegally you can get a drivers license, Medicaid, SSI card, Food stamps and a TANF Check, plus you can get a job over or under the table. the latter being preferred so no US taxes are taken out. You can file EITC and get up to $5k from the IRS.

Now if you are a spouse of a US citizen and have three US citizens children under age of 18. and you come in on a tourist visa thinking you and your family will only be staying for a year, but then situation changes when you find out you youngest is disabled. So you file for a Permanent resident visa to stay with your family only to be denied two times. And while you appeal that, you cannot have a job, you cannot get a SSI Card, you cannot get a drivers license, you cannot collect food stamps, you cannot get Medicaid or a TANF check. You cannot do anything that will benefit your family. All you can do is just sit an home.

Now, I work 40 hours plus per week, taking nothing from the US or State govt and have been taking care and supporting my family of five for two years on one income without help and they still wont let my wife have a permanent resident visa because i don't make enough money according to them which is 35K a year. I make 24k which is the IRS poverty level but the poverty level used by the USCIS is 35k because two US govt dept use two differing standards in judging financial ability.

Now you see why so many just come across illegally it has more benefits.

edit on 12-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yeah it's also pretty much the fact that people from other countries hear super great stories about the US as if it's a dream land where you live with a bunch of opportunities, more money, and overal have a more successful and happy life.

People in the US (illegal or legal) tell their families and friends (who are in other countries) that they bought this the other day, and a bunch of things that make it seem like they're living the life without much effort/that is easy. This sparks interest, the word spreads, and now you have other people seeking such opportunities.

But in reality, it isn't as easy or special like they think.

I know this because I have friends in family who live in South America while I live in the US . I have also heard the same from others and from talks I have from Time to time with friends.
edit on 12-7-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If you consider that deportation and rejection of illegals are at an all time high, Source, and illegal immigration tends to plateau or drop off , it would appear that the US in not necessarily as attractive as it used to be.
[url=http://www.pewhispanic.org/2014/09/03/as-growth-stalls-unauthorized-immigrant-population-becomes-more-settled/#policy-and-public-opinion]Source[/ url]

edit on 12-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Seems to be the same story every were, in many Europe country's its a bit different, people work hard have to pay for every thing wile the immigrant get every thing for free.. Its common for them to use there monthly money on booze, drugs or cars and give no money to the wife and children, since the social services wont let children starve they always pay extra. If a person become unemployed they get basic money and that takes massive paperwork and can last 6 weeks before any money comes.Immigrant every thing done for them but the immigrant has to be of the right colour and religion. So you see the system is messed up every were so the honest worker suffers and pays for the "others"

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Many think that. But we tell them yes it is true they have higher pay but the cost of living is also very high.

That is why many will live together in one house four families in one four bedroom house. they share expenses and buy bulk food from Sam's club or Costco.

We actually know the truth but that wont deter them as they hear about the Govt benefits that make it easier for them not to work and make money.

Last year I tried to get some illegals to work on a roof with me for one week at $10 per hour plus additional pay if we finished before 7 days. They said no thanks.

I found them later shopping on ETB cards and then going from thrift store to thrift store buying items and sending them back to their home countries to be resold a extremely high prices. One of the fellows even walked out of Walmart with a brand new pair of work boots on his feet without paying for them.

Life is wonderful for Illegals here.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Last year I tried to get some illegals to work on a roof with me for one week at $10 per hour plus additional pay if we fininshed before 7 days. They said no thanks.

That's your problem right there. Why would they work for $10 an hour when one can easily make more with other contractors? $10 an hour for a roofer is insulting.

I found them later shopping on ETB cards and then going from thrift store to thrift store buying items and sending them back to their home countries to be resold a extremely high prices. One of the fellows even walked out of Walmart with a brand new pair of work boots on his feet without paying for them.

I call bull on this. Why would they need to send items back to their countries to be sold at a higher price when a majority of items can already be bought in their country at lower prices?

Ever been to Mexico or South America? Ever walked through a shopping center and looked at the prices? Everything is comparable or even cheaper than what we pay in the States.

Here is a nice link to show you a comparison of prices: Link

All due respect, but I have to question whether you know what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Illegals won't get deported and you get all the same rights as legal immigrants and citizens.

Classic Cloward-Piven.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Be cautious of those who say Deportations are at an all time high!

Jeh Johnson, President Obama’s new secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, this week admitted that “a very large fraction” of deportations aren’t really that but instead “turn-backs” at the border.

During questioning on Capitol Hill, Johnson confirmed that his agency’s use of border security metrics inflate the reported number of deportations of illegal immigrants – statistics for which Obama takes heat from the left even though true deportations actually are down sharply.

DHS Chief Jeh Johnson Confirms Inflation of Deportation Numbers

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If you think people are risking life and limp to come to the US to get an EBT card you could not be more wrong. The type of people who would leave home, travel thousands of miles, risk robbery, death, deportation, and getting ripped off are not coming to the US to sit around collect short term benefits giving them a life no better than they could have had a home. They come here to do one of two things, work their butts off and save enough money to go back home and open a business or stay and build a life to bring their family in and they are not doing that with an EBT card. And on top of that they pay 10 billion in taxes a year, they have paid over 15 billion a year into Social Security with most never collecting on, they also either have have US citizen children or pay for forged documents to collect any sort of benefits. You can not just show up and get stuff. So let us put the idea that people are risking everything to come to America to spend enough time and money here to get the paper work to collect benefits and then live crappy lives. They come to the US for the same reason many people do because they think that if they work hard and make great sacrifices while they are here they can make enough to live a good life back home and on occasion in the US.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

They say that after they deny her appeal that they will start deportation hearing and I could at that time try and get the judge to give us the PRV for her then. If not she will be taken and put on a plane and sent back.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

my wife has no rights at this point and she is trying to do it legally.

Illegals have more benefits to come in illegally than those who follow the system.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Illegals have more benefits to come in legally than those who follow the system.

That's the damn shame of it all! Those who are respectful enough to go thru the process get pushed to the back of the line for political gain. I highly respect ANYONE who wants to come into this country legally! I wish you and your wife the best! Let her know regardless of politics, that most of America is behind her and those like her!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I call you on your B#.

it was for labor work not roofing they were going to help me setup scaffolding and paint a roof.

they send items back that have a high resale value in their own countries. No that is where you are wrong do to global corporation items are the same and sometimes higher than they cost here. Especially cameras, computers and other items of that nature because they don't want you traveling to get a better deal somewhere else. hardly ever do they put items on sale. For example I can get a real casio watch here on sale at 50% off but the class b one there cost the regular retail price of $40.

I have been there and in So East Asia and Local items are cheaper but imported items are not. Food was a little cheaper but clothing depending on quality varied.

You can call it what you like but it is the truth.

China makes three classes of products A, B and C and selss them all over the world. Class A are sold to First class nations US, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, b to developing nations and c to 3rd class nations. the later two classes of product are defective and are often sold at prices similar to class A.

PUTZ!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Illegals have more benefits to come in illegally than those who follow the system.

That's because your wife won't be a drain on the system.

Why would they encourage people like her to come into the country?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Everyone I have shared the story with think my wife should have been given one automatically because she is my wife and a mother of US citizen minor children. However it doesn't work that way.

our disabled son needs her as she is the main one who cares for and understands him while I work. He doesn't speak well and his understanding is slow. He is a great kid never the less.

My wife is a hard worker and would never want to be burden, those are the types you want to encourage to come over not the leeches that are coming over in droves.

oh yeah, when I called the USCIS to ask about her being deported. I asked, "didn't Obama just sign an executive order that would not allow a parent of an US citizen to be deported". They replied that was only for illegals.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
if you're rolling the dice on your life...its the safest bet for a great future for yourself and your kids.

every other place in the world is destined to be a pile of rubble because of their ways of life and deeply held beliefs....the United States endures all things...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I believe that many of us would if we could illegally enter another country if that country allowed us to have such benefits just for being illegal.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

it was for labor work not roofing they were going to help me setup scaffolding and paint a roof.

My apologies. When you said the following statement I logically assumed they were roofing.

Last year I tried to get some illegals to work on a roof with me for one week

they send items back that have a high resale value in their own countries.

I doubt that. Considering the cost of shipping and the relative easy access to high-quality items in places such as Mexico, that would make absolutely no sense. Logically or financially. Mexico and China have good trade relations and you can buy the same quality items in the larger town and cities like you can anywhere in the US.

I've heard of immigrants sending money back home, but never sending items for resale in their home country. Could you provide some sort of evidence to back-up that claim?

PUTZ!

Well, that's a sign of intelligence, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that. I'll have to look in to that.

“a very large fraction” of deportations aren’t really that but instead “turn-backs” at the border.

So even though they are using the numbers to inflate deportation statistics, the truth is that these people aren't even getting in to the country to be deported?

Wouldn't that be a good thing?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
If you think people are risking life and limp to come to the US to get an EBT card you could not be more wrong. The type of people who would leave home, travel thousands of miles, risk robbery, death, deportation, and getting ripped off are not coming to the US to sit around collect short term benefits giving them a life no better than they could have had a home. They come here to do one of two things, work their butts off and save enough money to go back home and open a business or stay and build a life to bring their family in and they are not doing that with an EBT card. And on top of that they pay 10 billion in taxes a year, they have paid over 15 billion a year into Social Security with most never collecting on, they also either have have US citizen children or pay for forged documents to collect any sort of benefits. You can not just show up and get stuff. So let us put the idea that people are risking everything to come to America to spend enough time and money here to get the paper work to collect benefits and then live crappy lives. They come to the US for the same reason many people do because they think that if they work hard and make great sacrifices while they are here they can make enough to live a good life back home and on occasion in the US.

You are very wrong if you actually believe any of that. SOME (very few) may follow that path, but the majority do not. The restaurant I manage has a full kitchen crew of obvious illegals, but with proper identification. They all seem to have 10 dependants, literally every single one. How many W-2's have you filled out for illegal immigrants? Also how much in taxes do you think they are paying claiming 10 dependants? Oh yea, I also get the good ol' welfare wage forms from every single one of them (that is literal, not figurative). So about that not getting EBT and paying billions of taxes? You should learn a bit more about the reality of it.
edit on 12-7-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join