It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer buys diapers and shoes for homeless mother caught shoplifting for her kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

i get all that.
my point was there is a lot of wasted food.
i dont have the logistics worked out...a collection service run by the gov.
something like that.

the food is already there

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If this was in Florida the cop could have been arrested for helping the homeless.

Crazy how a story like this can make people sad and mad and maybe donate some money. But we allow laws like the ones in this country that say you cant feed the homeless.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Thats a great story,thx for sharing...

This guy is a stand up bloke,and if there were more people in the world like this guy the world would sure be a better place...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The instances where a call comes in from a BUSINESS it
most definitely a resolute action must be on file.
However, I too have seen domestic calls get pacified
and everyone is left with a warning.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Apparently he didn't fear for his life on this occasion. Many people would do the same thing and they don't hide behind the blue line and wreck the rule of law.

6 posts is all it took for the PC crowd to show up..WIN.

Here you have a story about someone doing it right and the Blame the Cops crowd can't have that.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Wal-Mart was the victim in this case.

In my experience Wal-Mart always chooses to press charges against shoplifters.

The officer had no choice but to arrest the woman because Wal-Mart wanted to pursue charges.

However, he did use his discretion and issued her a court date instead of making a custodial arrest.

He did the right thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Nice to know good people who think and care exist in this crazy world.

(A bit ironic that a pizza joint can raise almost a million for not catering to gays and this woman has to live in a car with six kids. Hope more people donate to get this woman back on her feet. I would...is there a site?)

ETA: There is a way to donate.

edit on 7/12/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Very noble to help her that way. Looks like by donation and a positive light through the misfortune of feeling no other way out, she may be able to get back on her feet. Misdemeanor theft charges by Wal-Mart may be a different story that will set her back from some employment opportunities. Maybe a judge can work on that if the store won't

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This officer went above and beyond. What is sad to me, is that any misdeed by any cop anywhere, is met with hate, derision and loathing. There is an equal # of "good cop" going above and beyond.. which is often praised, but just as often attributed to some other agenda.

Imo, good cops.. bad cops.. almost equal out, although I think there are probably more "bad" cops than good. It's easier to make the easier decision, take the ego-road.

But.. both "good and bad" cops are the vast minority. The bulk of the law enforcement agency are folks just trying to do their jobs. They are ignored.. but hated, for just doing their jobs. I've had to deal with law enforcement on a handful of occasions, but every time was met with folks who were professional and trying to do their jobs well. It's a pity that so many hate the entirety of police enforcement because of a small percentage of power tripping egomaniacs.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It's easy to give a dollar from the hand when one has a hundred in the pocket.

Would he have offered the same hand had it been a single male needing help?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
S&F what an absolutely fantastic story , its amazing that hey went on to raise 6000 dollars for this lady and her family. The kindness of strangers has helped this lady and her family immensely.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I was soo tired of so many bad news lately, a good story with a happy ending is a breath of fresh air ill tell you that! I am glad people like him exist in the world, especially during times where the word "care" seems extremely rare. A man like this with a big heart is so rare, I hope more like him come out to set more examples on what truly matters.

S&F OP and thank you for the share.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
It's easy to give a dollar from the hand when one has a hundred in the pocket.

Would he have offered the same hand had it been a single male needing help?

I would have, if the male had children. I think that's what moved the officer more than anything.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

While the gesture has merit and shows the ability of an officer of the law to identify and empathize with this women's situation it does nothing to alleviate or change the fact that the woman is/was homeless.

A tip of the hat to the officer in question for his display of humanity!

But should there really be homeless mothers and children in a supposed first world nation?

edit on 13-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: torqueythepig

of course, if he had made it a custodial matter, the kids would have had a roof over their head and well, the social service machine would have had to get off their arse and help her!! Which is what I don't understand, she's a widow, with six kids, social security should have been filed and she should have a monthly allotment which probably would have paid for the basics, at least housing! In the strange case that she didn't qualify for them, well, social services should have.

So well, maybe buying the lady the diapers and other tidbits was the cheaper way out in the long run. A nice gesture by the guy, but the need is still very much there and she will be forced to come up with another method to get what she needs today, legal, or illegal, moral or not.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

But should there really be homeless mothers and children in a supposed first world nation?

Hate to break it to you brother, but if a lot of American ATS members had their way, there wouldn't be any social programs or society safety nets for anyone, ever.

They absolutely hate the thought that anyone might be having to buy a quart of milk on their dime.

They'd much rather live in a 3rd world cutthroat society than to relinquish a single one of their pennies for the greater good.

Also note how you'll very rarely (if ever) see any of them step into these types of threads to voice that dissenting opinion.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think it was great what Mark Engravalle did for the woman but, I find a few things that bother me. After watching the video I analyzed some things and here is what I noticed:

1. Her and some kids look quite well fed, clothed, clean, all 6 of them.
3. Husband, Julio Cesar Mendoza died in 2011, labor day, nearly 4 years ago.
4. Two of the kids are 2 years old. (note 3.) above. Where did they come from, 2 years ago?
5. The most recent family picture before he died shows Sarah, Julio, and 4 children, likely a 12, 11, 8, and a newly born in her lap? Plus, she was pregnant after the photo? That would be 5 kids then.
kctv.images.worldnow.com...
6. She has 6 children now, age 16, 15, 12, 4, and 2/2. Shouldn't there be 7?
7. What about her own family? Robinson's?
8. What about her in-laws? Mendoza's? Aguilar's? Her in-laws are in Mexico still I imagine.
9. What about that section 8 she lost? Kicked out of her home?
10. Her name is Sarah Robinson? As apposed to, “Sarah Mendoza, or Aguilar?”

Just some interesting facts. Sounds like a mess.

kctv.images.worldnow.com...

www.kansascity.com...
edit on 14-7-2015 by alwcurlz because: Forgot some names.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoyBatty
I would have, if the male had children. I think that's what moved the officer more than anything.

I'd wonder...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Would you like to know the reason stores do that?

Even if you don't, I'll tell you why...

They don't want to get sued by the people they'd be helping. One bad item of food, or a damaged item, that might lead to harm? Leaves them open to law suits.

That's why. Most stores, dare I say all, would love to donate that sort of stuff to help out...but they flat don't dare.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join