It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dung of the Devil", Pope Francis lets Global Capitalists have it

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Annual SPENDING. And yes, a portion of that is my my money. The Church possesses what we give to it. And where does it go? Look that up.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Its world wide wealth is in assets of gold, property and antiquities.

Some have tried to put a number on it and it is thought to exceed 100 trillion $

Remember they only need ten dollars a year from each one of their 1.2 billion members and they have enough for more than their annual budget. But they collect way more than that.

edit on 12-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Is that so? so what? In 2000 years, we've amassed alot of stuff. People give it to us. So, we're just sposed to sell it?

I'll ask again. Assuming the US has a huge national debt, why don't we just sell off a few National Parks? We'd make a killing. Yellowstone, at 2 million plus acres of pristine, untouched wilderness, SELL IT!!

a reply to: ChesterJohn

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yes, and we give it to the poor, does that bother you?

And oh yeah, a bunch is being used to pay off lawsuits, caused by pervert priests, who were messing around with little boys. Sad but true, at least we're owning up to it.

We're getting past that, a new Church is dawning. A new evangelization, Jesus' Church will NEVER die. We're The only voice of reason in this crazy, back-ass world that is unfolding.

edit on 12-7-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: stosh64 Just like Mother Theresa and Gandhi? Sometimes a religious person's goodness shines so brightly that it inspires even the atheists.

Ghandi is highly questionable. . . and so is Mother Teresa.

Do you know how much Catholics promoted Mother Teresa back in the day but now they say not a peep about her. Because they know and it's too hard to hide. You should Google the dirt on both of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

We already sold off our national parks to the world heritage under the UN.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I was a missionary for 15 years let me tell you what the RC church does and doesn't do I have seen it.

I gave far more than 10% to the community around us in the field and even gave people the clothes off my back. Split my food with them and I was lucky to collect even $300 a month from Christian's in the US to help in our ministry.

The RC church doesn't need 24k gold plated altars as there are in many cathedrals in Europe alone.

edit on 12-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
We sold our National Parks? Thats not true either. The World Heritage designation means absolutely diddly squat. That was a political, feel-good gesture, that really means nothing. They're eye catching signs posted in our parks as advertisements. It's that simple.

edit on 12-7-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

you better go back and read those treaties they don't belong to us or the US they belong to the UN. sold for our cooperation with the NWO promoted by the RC church.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
They don't buy those things, people/ organizations, give it to us.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You were a missionary? Praise the Lord. thank you for your service. I would think you'd remember the looks in those kid's eyes rather than the amount of money you were receiving.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
You were a missionary? Praise the Lord. thank you for your service. I would think you'd remember the looks in those kid's eyes rather than the amount of money you were receiving.

I wish the Vatican would think with this logic as well.
If they really wanted to do "the Lord's service" they'd let the poor sleep under their roof, eat their food...
I could go on.

Instead they hoard countless jewels while others suffer.
The thing is, banks, corporations - they've only ever been in it for the money. The Church claims to care about our well-being and our souls. Yet they do...what exactly?

I like a lot of the issues this Pope brings up, and I think he is amusing as a fiery Jesuit and probably the best Pope since...ever.
But he's still a crony for the RC church, and the RC church is still an enemy to man.

I don't need to rehash why. I think everyone has already beaten that horse dead. This thread reminds me of this video:

I think we all lost track of what we are arguing.
Are we arguing how we feel about Francis, the RC church, or Capitalism?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
All I can say is go Popey. At least someone out there
Sees what the ordinary man on the street sees

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I for one hope he is the humble and loving man that he has presented himself as. The Pope is a powerful man that could do great good, or great harm, depending on where his faith lies.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Jimstone.com will tell you thats all fake and why

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The poor do come to us for food and shelter, all over the world. In fact, we come to them. The Catholic Church is the largest humanitarian, charitable organization in the world, and have been for all of human history.

a reply to: DEIKOBOL

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Literally the cathedral I spoke of is said to be incalculable as to the price of the gold and Antiquities.

Provide a source for the claims.

The Vatican holding around the word are well into three figure trillions of Dollars.

Even if this were true, and I find it doubtful, $3 trillion is a long way from $17 trillion.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Annual SPENDING.

And spending is a line item on every organization's budget. You cannot spend without revenue and the Chruch generates revenue via donations and its investment portfolio.

And where does it go? Look that up.

It was in the link I provided.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The annual budget for operating The Vatican, a city-state that leads 1.2 billion Catholics, is less than Notre Dame University.

There are states in the USA with much larger budgets, and probably much higher assets, in terms of taxable, revenue generating entities.

North Dakota is rich!! They need to sell all that off and give it all away!! What does North Dakota need all that stashed away jewels for anyway! Tch! Buncha greedy power hungry heathens!

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

edit on 13-7-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The annual budget for operating The Vatican, a city-state that leads 1.2 billion Catholics, is less than Notre Dame University.

Maybe you can link your source for this.

There are states in the USA with much larger budgets, and probably much higher assets, in terms of taxable, revenue generating entities.

North Dakota is rich!! They need to sell all that off and give it all away!! What does North Dakota need all that stashed away jewels for anyway! Tch! Buncha greedy power hungry heathens!

Straw man. North Dakota is not a religious institution that has charity as its mission statement and has accumulated vast wealth over the past two millennia.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join