It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dung of the Devil", Pope Francis lets Global Capitalists have it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus Tell that to the people who can't even collect rainwater due to Nestle. Tell that to all the Americans who can't afford to go to the doctor, when medical services are free in many European countries. Capitalism is good until it runs amok, putting profit above people.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
Tell that to the people who can't even collect rainwater due to Nestle.

Who cannot collect rainwater due to Nestle?

Tell that to all the Americans who can't afford to go to the doctor, when medical services are free in many European countries. Capitalism is good until it runs amok, putting profit above people.

Emergency rooms in the United States cannot turn away anyone. Get your facts straight.

edit on 12-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ugmold

So what's you stance on his beliefs on abortion and marriage? I wonder why we don't hear about those ...

Changing the subject much?

(I can't help myself)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So when is the Vatican having a liquidation sale and practicing what this guy is preaching?

Speeches are great and what not but lip service ad naseum.
edit on 12-7-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So what's you stance on his beliefs on abortion and marriage? I wonder why we don't hear about those ...

Oh, and by the way, were not you the one mocking my lack of facility with spelling?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

In Fiery Speeches, Francis Excoriates Global Capitalism Oh I like this Pope (and I'm not religious).

Exactly . Pope needs to stay out of politics and science. His only function is to guide the Roman Catholic Church. Seems like he needs to put more effort there.

Thereby - the church's (of all types) should stay out of politics and science in the US. I agree.

I happen to value his opinion as his experience with the horrors of captialism is first hand. I value his opinion as a man - not a god.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

I happen to value his opinion as his experience with the horrors of captialism is first hand.

How so? He is from Argentina and grew up under Peronism when many industries were nationalized which was then followed by a military-led government. Hell, Argentina did not have a democratically elected leader until 1983.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
Tell that to the people who can't even collect rainwater due to Nestle.

Who cannot collect rainwater due to Nestle?

Tell that to all the Americans who can't afford to go to the doctor, when medical services are free in many European countries. Capitalism is good until it runs amok, putting profit above people.

Emergency rooms in the United States cannot turn away anyone. Get your facts straight.

Hey - provide sources for your opinions before you ask others for sources.

I admire/respect good works and behavoir over preached platitudes any day.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
Hey - provide sources for your opinions before you ask others for sources.

'Sources for my opinions'? Uh, my opinions doe not need sources, they are my opinions.

If you feel some FACTS I posted were incorrect than tell me which ones and I will source them for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty in the past century than the Roman Catholic Church as done in two millennia.

Big words for a guy that runs the syndicate that brought you the Crusades, the Inquisition and a host of other barbarities.

Don't forget they invented Communes, the testing grounds where communism was concocted.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Nothing to do with what he is saying here and something he has spoken up and out about recently, once again the Man is not the Church and for the first time in my 59 years I see a Pope that is a driving force for Good. He can not erase the past, and he does speak up about it.

And I admire him, also.

Good for him. The first REAL Christian in a position of power to try to change things.
He rocks.

(AND YES, ALL YOU NAYSAYERS - CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS)
edit on 7/12/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
So when is the Vatican having a liquidation sale and practicing what this guy is preaching?

Speeches are great and what not but lip service ad naseum.

From what I have seen they could sell off the gold and antiquities from one cathedral in France and they could pay off the debt of the US.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

But then he'd be accused of committing an Executive Order.........

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
From what I have seen they could sell off the gold and antiquities from one cathedral in France and they could pay off the debt of the US.

While the Catholic Church has obscene amount of wealth in various forms it does not nearly have the $17 trillion needed to pay of the national deficit.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It is the message that counts, not the house it came from.

Tell em Bernie.

edit on 12-7-2015 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am a devout Roman Catholic. Ask me ANYthing!. Cuz many of you are clueless about the Catholic Church. We're rich? Lol

I haven't fully digested his last encyclical, but bottom line, wether I agree with everything or not, our Holy Father is hitting on all cylinders. I have to ad though, Francis is saying nothing different than all of our recent popes. I guess it's all about style of delivery, but that shouldn't surprise me, given our current superficial advertisement-style, secular world. He's a brilliant, pulse-of-the-people preacher...a typical Jesuit.

Still cracks me up...we're rich? Lol

USA has money issues, should we sell Yellowstone National Park? We'd make a killing.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The Catholic Church does not have an obscene amount of wealth. That's just not true. You don't know what you're talking about.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Still cracks me up...we're rich?

Yeah:

The Economist estimates that annual spending by the church and entities owned by the church was around $170 billion in 2010 (the church does not release such figures). Source

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The Catholic Church has approximately 1.2 billion followers. Do you know how many folks actually run the RCC at the Vatican?

If one used the same metric, per capita, and compared to The United States government, it would be comparable to 275 people running the entire US Government.

a reply to: Ignatian

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Literally the cathedral I spoke of is said to be incalculable as to the price of the gold and Antiquities. So if it is true then it is far more than can be figured out by a accountants and able to easily pay off the US debt.

The Vatican holding around the word are well into three figure trillions of Dollars.

Don't kid youself

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join