It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq election puppet show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ok, is there a point to the election in Iraq? Iyad Allawi will be the prime minister.. and with news of a sunni party withdrawing from the election it just shows they know they have no hope of competing with an american puppet, am i missing something here?? please let me know your opinions.

Sep

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wll yes, Iran is running a party and they have a very, very good chance of wining, unless the US pull off a fraud, the United Iraqi Front lead by the Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq is going to win.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ok, if Bush&Co allows an election, no candidate will be allowed but theirs. It doesn't matter if no one votes for him, he will be leader anyways cause he is Bush&Co's bitch.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
And despite all the cries of an "American puppet," at the very least, any type election that transpires in Iraq will be resoundingly better than any type Arab government that remotely has any semblance to "democracy".

The Iraqis will adobt their own version of "democracy", since in one year after the held elections, there will be another election for a 'termed' president, etc. So if the first elections is deemed a "puppet administration" of the U.S., the second, to be held one year after the first, as already mentioned, will prove otherwise....

seekerof

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The point of the election is to provide a government with the legitimacy of the people's approval, something that the current administration cannot claim. Thus the new government will act with a great deal more moral authority.

Sure, this approval will be flawed through incomplete participation and violent interference, but the Sunni's only have themselves to blame for that. But, as Seekerof says, it will still be a more legitimate government than any other in the region.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Maybe the U.S can offer their recently used Diebold voting machines!

Then they can give Iraqis the illusion of democracy while getting who they want.

I only hope they make sure and "wipe" the hardwired databases already installed. I think it will "appear" a little weird if GWB gets another +5% victory.

Authority is an illusion in the mind of Govenors - Lao Tse

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Lukas
Ok, is there a point to the election in Iraq? Iyad Allawi will be the prime minister

So? The elections are to create a group that will assemble a constitution, not for the government itself. Allawi will just be a politician overseeing the administration of the state.

and with news of a sunni party withdrawing from the election

The sunnis have not withdrawn from the election.

sep
the United Iraqi Front lead by the Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq is going to win.

Why would they win? The kurds and sunni want them also? I very much doubt it. They have their own interests to look out for.

What party is Al Sistani or Al Sadr running under, if there is any word on this yet?

james the lesser
no candidate will be allowed but theirs.

Its not a presidental election, as I understand it, they are electing representatives to send to a constitutional convention wherein a government will be worked out. Unless the plan has changed or something.

Sep

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

the United Iraqi Front lead by the Council for Islamic Revolution in Iraq is going to win.

Why would they win? The kurds and sunni want them also? I very much doubt it. They have their own interests to look out for.

What party is Al Sistani or Al Sadr running under, if there is any word on this yet?

Al-Sistani, who is an Iranian by birth, is naturally backing the party that I mentioned and it is lead by Al-Hakim, also one of the most repected and backed cleric in Iraq, who lived most his life in Iran. Most of the Shias are probebly going to vote for this group and since they are the majority and the Kurds and Sunnis are split, they have a very good chance of winning. Al-Sadr wasnt allowed to run for this group.

I wonder what the response of the US will be if they win and try to make Iraq an Islamic Republic, and if the US refuses, Al-Hakim currently has the biggest trained army in Iraq, the Badr Brigade. I wonder what his response would be. He and his army and the Shias in general have been awfully quite lately. What would happen if they change their stance or the presence of the US?

[edit on 28-12-2004 by Sep]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Lukas
Ok, is there a point to the election in Iraq? Iyad Allawi will be the prime minister..

Errrr... maybe not.

All seems quiet on the Iraq post-election front.

Are there yet more machinations to engineer the outcomes (change the results) of this "democratic" process, already?

Seems such a short time ago... and so quickly forgotten... in a sea of propaganda and stupid distractions placed in front of you by a corrupt administration.

new topics

top topics

join