It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it going to be a no no to think for yourself and post it on a forum in the future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm going to be very limited on my choice of words here since I don't want to cause any negative feelings of what the future or even the present will or has brought about to ourselves. It does seem like people are more reserved in letting the truth be told on the net. An example of this is, now it is against the law to report news about the Fukushima power plant without the govt. approval. It carries a 10 year prison sentence. So have you wondered why very little is being reported by the main stream news. Its all controlled to make it look like its moving forward with all good in intentions. But whose good intentions are they.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

you serious about the fukushima thing?
in the states?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

you serious about the fukushima thing?
in the states?

hey mugly i live here

Many issues of national importance to Japan, probably including the state of the Fukushima power plant, may be designated state secrets under a new draft law. Once signed, it could see whistleblowers jailed for up to 10 years.

Japan has relatively lenient penalties for exposing state secrets compared to many other nations, but that may change with the introduction of the new law. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's government has agreed on draft legislation on the issue on Friday and expects the parliament to vote on it during the current session, which ends on December 6.

With a comfortable majority in both chambers, the ruling coalition bloc would see no problems overcoming the opposition. Critics say the new law would give the executive too much power to conceal information from the public and compromise the freedom of the press.

sorry to say it past

so enjoy your sashimi, is it safe to eat, well let me tell, they don't check nowadays, so yes , it is safe to eat, crazy i tell you

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

thanks for answering.
im not shocked though that as a person living in japan you cant report on certain things

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

thanks for answering.
im not shocked though that as a person living in japan you cant report on certain things

What's really sad about the whole thing is that, today's technology can not solve the problem there. In other words at the present time, its hopeless to think that things will turn out ok. I read the French had some equipment to help, but I guess they left Japan with it. I won't follow up on this because it doesn't matter any longer. Seems like the international community has backed away and let Japan handle it for the time being. Do you realize it is a dead zone of over 20 miles from the area. Homes, businesses, farm animals left alone. Now I believe it is the 3rd off spring of the cows, chickens, pigs that also have mated with the wild pigs (いのしし) inoshishi. Oh, well. Just be careful where your japanese green tea comes from. I recommend any thing south of Osaka to be... well... google it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Do you think that this combined with an extremely low birth rate will result in Japanese near extinction? (there will always be pockets around the world, Hawaii for example) Also, combined with xenophobia and a cultural extreme disdain for intermarriage will accelerate the problem?

I have heard that Japanese near extinction is around the corner, less than 100 years.

Would this attitude toward the radiation be covering up an acceleration of the problem? Because of accelerated death rates and or miscarriages due to the radiation.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

My heart really goes out to you and all the people in Japan. And anything we might experience is nothing to what you are trying to live with in Japan. This is major world/life changing stuff. And the censorship is extremely troubling. Be careful.

I live on the west coast of the US and believe me, many of us are extremely worried about Fukushima.

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

So posting certain information can give you prison time in Japan?

If you publicly deny the holocaust in Germany the same thing can happen.

Things may not be that immediately drastic here in the U.S., but there are certain things you really shouldn't say publicly or on the internet. Blatant hate speech that advocates violence towards certain segments of society come to mind.

Every country in the world has freedom of speech. The degree to which you don't have freedom from the consequences of that speech......that's what makes the difference in the freedoms different countries have.

But not letting the real truth about Fukishima get out is wrong. That type of censorship.......it's wrong.

edit on 12-7-2015 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

It is the same thing the world over with the truth about UFOs as it is with Fukushima, you really don't want to know the truth because there is absolutely nothing that you or anyone can do about it. Plod on with your TV and beer.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Are you talking about this? From 2013?

Japan's more powerful lower house of Parliament approved a state secrecy bill late Tuesday that imposes stiffer penalties on bureaucrats who leak secrets and journalists who seek them, despite criticism the government is making a heavy-handed effort to hide what it's doing and suppress press freedom.

news.yahoo.com...

It doesn't seem to be about reporting, but about "leaking" and soliciting "leaks". Certainly nothing specific to Fukushima. And nothing to do with what is said in internet forums.

edit on 7/12/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Are you talking about this? From 2013?

Japan's more powerful lower house of Parliament approved a state secrecy bill late Tuesday that imposes stiffer penalties on bureaucrats who leak secrets and journalists who seek them, despite criticism the government is making a heavy-handed effort to hide what it's doing and suppress press freedom.

news.yahoo.com...

It doesn't seem to be about reporting, but about "leaking" and soliciting "leaks". Certainly nothing specific to Fukushima. And nothing to do with what is said in internet forums.

Well, actually the bill was all about what I mention. Up to 10 years in prison. Regardless if it pertains to Japanese national security.

At a public hearing in Fukushima on Monday, the only one held before the vote, lawyer Hiroyasu Maki said the bill's definition of secrets is so vague and broad that it could easily be expanded to include radiation data crucial to the evacuation and health of residents in case of another nuclear crisis. Opponents said that Tuesday's vote despite unanimous opposition by the seven local officials invited to the hearing already shows the Abe government's high-handed approach.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I agree that the law could result in loses of journalistic freedoms if taken too far. However, do you think that making government secrets public is good policy in general? Do you think there are no valid security concerns?

In any case, I don't see what it has to do with posting opinions on internet forums.

edit on 7/12/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have a feeling it's also about preventing nonsense propaganda and bs from creating needless public panic.
While Fukushima is a terrible situation, the nonsense being spread around based on nothing but the rantings of scientifically illiterate doomers like Alex Jones doesn't help anyone.

People are free to report on the scientific realities, and there is nothing stopping anyone from checking their own food and environment for contaminants, something many people have been doing for years without there being any significant panic based on actual scientific findings.

Any journalist can go to Japan and report on the environment there and the radioactivity (or lack of it), there is absolutely nothing stopping anyone from doing that.

There are also several reasons why this is not being talked about on the news.
First, the US is massively insular. Unless there is an angle to terrify American viewers US broadcasters won't bother reporting it. Unless it directly affects Americans or a story can be slanted to make it a threat to Americans they won't bother reporting it.

In addition to that, there's not much actually happening worth talking about, not that the average person will understand anyway. It is talked about endlessly in industry media though. So, if someone really wants to know what's happening in Fukushima week by week or month by month, sign up for a subscription to a relevant magazine. It's not a massive secret or conspiracy.

Just last month (I think) there was a big story about it on the BBC, following a robot into one of the failed reactors. That's not exactly "secret" or being censored is it? If they're showing footage from within a failed reactor through the biggest news broadcaster in the world it can't be claimed that it's being kept under tight secrecy.

As for the comparison with German laws about the Holocaust, I agree entirely with those laws. Denial of those events is hate speech and incitement. There is no reason to deny those events happened unless you are intended to promote bigotry and hatred of others. Denial of that reality is a direct attempt to attack a group in society.

I honestly feel as though those who want to allow people the freedom to deny that reality have far right leanings themselves, or they're so psychologically detached from the horror of what happened they simply don't have the capacity to understand how utterly evil it was.

There should be no opportunity for someone to deny the Holocaust, it was such a sickening and psychologically scarring event in Human history it is too dangerous to even contemplate the possibility of it happening again. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

ads seems pretty cool… given that wozniak (apple co-founder) recently said we are all gonna end up as pet for supercomputer robots…I am sure there are gonna be some rules, if you have a "utopian" view, lol.

personally, looks to me like once everyone takes the tattoo rfid and gives up all of their freedoms, its end-game.
God didn't make robots.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I agree that the law could result in loses of journalistic freedoms if taken too far. However, do you think that making government secrets public is good policy in general? Do you think there are no valid security concerns?

In any case, I don't see what it has to do with posting opinions on internet forums.

There was a fellow from Saudi Arabia who came to the states, Florida IIRC, and who began to complain online about his job, which is contracted out of his home country (UAE). He found himself called back and promptly arrested on account of his postings.

So, yes, I would say that this covers things posted on the internet.

If you are a Japanese national, you know to keep your mouth shut, no matter where you live. Most Japanese I know are in subservience to this custom. If not, they fear arrest, or in the very least, being barred from returning home. To them, Fukushima never happened. It's like Bartmann was, to the Cubs. To a lot of fans, that thing never happened. It will not register in their thoughts. Zero. There is too much pain.

It's part of the NWO's plan. To make the entire globe equally enslaved. Oh, they think of everything. So, you say that you don't want to drink frackwater? Well, we don't want to stall the recovery, do we, commie traitor. You'll see. No hate either, unless we are talking about a certain group's enemies. It is all calculated to boost their supremacy. And they are in a hurry.

Why?

It would be sort of conspicuous, dontcha think, if the 'holocaust' were the only thing which was illegal to dispute.

# 475
edit on 12-7-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

not surprising then it might be 'illegal' for you to post 'state secrets' online soon, it's happening other places as well, even here in USA on 'public' sites

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

In addition to that, there's not much actually happening worth talking about, not that the average person will understand anyway. It is talked about endlessly in industry media though. So, if someone really wants to know what's happening in Fukushima week by week or month by month, sign up for a subscription to a relevant magazine. It's not a massive secret or conspiracy.

They sure don`t post discoveries of creatures such as this one:

focusnews.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There was also a video that is now gone...hmm why is that? I can only wonder what else has the leakage caused in the waters...but what I do know is that I won`t be eating fish and other sea food unless I`m 100% sure it was catched or gathered thousands of miles away from Pacific, regardless of what the media tell me on its safety.

If this is true and Fukushima is designated a state secret, then it just proves we don`t know s# about what is really going on.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

thanks for answering.

The Fukushima clampdown laws have been in place for a long time now. Late 2013 I believe.

Ironically, all it does is cement what many of us already believe; the situation in Fukushima has gone from bad to worse to nightmare.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
S&F this really does frustrates me with Fukushima. I hate things al things nuclear the fact that this bad boy is way worse than Chernobyl and the put laws up that you cant report there.

I quite frequently scan the net for updates.

what is scary is they are sending some evacuees back in the dead zone claiming its safe!

I shall believe it when i see it.

Some people do ignore the law and report the odd little scrap. a guy has published a book of photos over the years in Fuku. Can find it on amazon

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

citation required

top topics

<<   2 >>

join