It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ferret just passed away.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The only reason I am really even posting this right now is to try and keep myself together until my husband gets home. He is late. This is going to be so hard on him.

Me? Heck I am am a pro with death. I'll be numb mostly with intermittent bouts of panic and nausea over it. I'll avoid and do everything to distract myself. Like I am doing now. I'll have bouts of extreme efficiency. I am sure not the healthiest but we still have to function in this world when things go wrong. People die, animals die, life is fragile. I didn't earn my nick name of the ice queen when it comes to death for nothing. Just been through too much of it. Horror flicks and dime novels work with things get rough.

I just don't want to tell my husband. I don't want him to have to deal with what this is going to do to him. I have seen him when we almost lost one a while back. He was beside himself. He isn't used to death like I am. He doesn't have a formula set out for coping. I don't know how to tell him.

edit on 7/11/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm I am very sorry for your loss.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
replace the ferret. Act like nothing ever happened.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I'm sorry for your loss.

Ferrets are cool animals/pets.

No way to get around telling him, so tell him out right and turn the subject to how you want to dispose of the ferret. Some sort of cool burial, maybe a little tomb stone or beautiful marker.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

They are indeed cool animals. I own one and i am sorry for your loss (Refering to OP). a couple years ago we had a different ferret than the one we have now. Sadly it died of a genetic disorder. We were pretty bummed out but we got another one. Ferrets as weasles have very short life spans. But they are still great pets to have around.
edit on am70000003115Sun, 12 Jul 2015 00:35:22 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Regards for your loss. Similar situation here with me and my husband taking loss harder. I've had to come up with ways to ease the pain for both of us. Maybe set up some memories of your ferret, photo collection-and or other, for your husband to reminisce the ferrets life. Set up adoption of another ferret-not sure how many you have and if so it will do well with a companion.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss. I had a beautiful ferret once and it broke my heart when she died. Ferrets don't have a long life span unfortunately. RIP sweet little ferret.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I am so sorry for your loss. I had a beautiful ferret once and it broke my heart when she died. Ferrets don't have a long life span unfortunately. RIP sweet little ferret.

What she said..

I'm so sorry. I was heartbroken over the loss of my ferret as well. She was a darling companion. Such cheeky little dear friends. RIP little one

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Thank you all for your kind words. My husband came home shortly after I posted this. He took it better than I thought, but It's still rough. We said our goodbyes, it was bitter sweet. He was such an awesome little guy. So sweet and so smart.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about it. It's never easy to lose any pet you are attached to. We haven't had a ferret, but we had a couple of rats while we were in college. One of them in particular was so awesome. We named her Monkey, and she came when called, slept on your lap, road on your shoulder, and was an all around smart little critter who thought she was people.

When she died, my husband wept. I seldom see him do that. And we'd only had her three years.

Never underestimate the power of a pet, and never try to hide what happened. If they loved the pet, they'll know the replacement isn't their pet.

Condolences.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I'm sorry. It's good that your husband took it better than expected.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss. How long did you have it? How long do they typically live?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

3 years and the average life span is 5-7 years. Broke down hard to day.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Pets are family.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

It's tough losing a family member.

I'm living with my sister right now, and I can't help but look around for a certain little white dog... ...and he's been gone for three years now. I miss dancing with him to no music anyone but us hears.

We'll meet up with our little friends when the time comes. They'll be there to meet us.

top topics

join