It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Jimmy Carter: "I believe Jesus would approve gay marriage," What do you think?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Again Dear Lazarus,

You are ignoring a really long list of Prophets of the old Testament including some of the most important ones, Like Daniel, and a lot Saints of the New one that never married any woman and happen that among them there are figures that are pillars of the Christian faith, like St Paul, St Luke or St John the Apostle.

Thanks and please check again your sources.

The Angel of Lightness

Daniel was a eunuch. For the rest, we don't know for sure, but the custom was to have men married, but maybe their marriage status just never came up in the Biblical narrative. What are you driving at here, anyway?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: windword

Dear windword,

This is also valid for Ketsuko, the philosophy of this thread is to extinguish the fire of conflict and confrontations around the topic, is not to agitate more the discussion.

This is something that perhaps only a person that is a Nobel Peace award , like President Jimmy Carter is, can realize easy, but I am sure you two can grasp if you really want:

This is the moment to show forgiveness and mutual respect in deep charity, for others, not in to continue in political campaign on to support any personal position on the topic.

Jesus, by the way, invite us with his example to express perfect love for others, a kind of love that is merciful under any circumstance and even toward old rivals or enemies.

Jimmy Carter as a Christian person, not as a Politician, has decided to react with love and compassion precisely because that is what join all humanity under the same condition, we all need love and affection.

Same gender civil union can be sinful for some people, but also if it is assumed with positive attitude can motivate love, can be an invitation to commitment and a respectful life based on relationships and end with the promiscuity or sexual addiction that has caused so much damage to the society.

What degrades the society is to have a huge growing sector of the community that is having sex without developing any attachment for their partners, that is what is perhaps more worrying in the reality that the authorities are trying to deal with. Right now, with the decision of the court, there is no more excuse for anybody to claim that there is no space for commitment in their own way to express affection.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

What degrades the society is to have a huge growing sector of the community that is having sex without developing any attachment for their partners, that is what is perhaps more worrying in the reality that the authorities are trying to deal with. Right now, with the decision of the court, there is no more excuse for anybody to claim that there is no space for commitment in their own way to express affection.

By you saying that
you and those here understand that in American culture, they've gone the point of no return. It's going to very common now with queer and homosexual private clubs having the legal right to express itselves in an usual and common acceptance way and calling it "love" so it is legal.

edit on 0700000029322015-07-12T00:32:29-05:00322907am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Well, some men ARE dogs...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

edit on 12-7-2015 by Svalbard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight
Woof

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Thats just so much nonsense that Jimmy spoke . Jesus still adhered to the religious principles of the sect he was in . He was not seperate from his religion who were Jews . What he did was put emphasos on Loving GOD ...he didn'y say go have sexual partners indicriminately . That is never a religious principle in any texts . Reducing lustfull mentalities is usually a principle , but I know who does want you to have irreligious sexual relations sex ....

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Whats this about Homosexual Clubs?

Maybe i'm confused, can you explain?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I think this whole homosexual, heterosexual, thing has turned to to a giant pissing match . Its like two bullies fighting in the play field. Two things people should remember,
1/ homosexuality is not who the person is , its just who they want to find love with or have consensual sex with.
2/ homosexuality is NOT the same as pedophiles.
If people would use all this energy they use for fighting trying to find common ground and giving respect, this problem could be solved, remember there are still a lot of people out there who see "mix race " marriages as disgusting and think they should be banned by law. There will always be people from every side who want to hate , we should be careful not to get sucked into fighting for a bully

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Would Jesus approve of these gay couples?

According to Tor Docherty, chief executive of New Family Social, (NFS) data from the National Register, the national database of children available for adoption and approved adopters waiting for children, shows that LGBT people are more willing to consider adopting harder-to-place children.

www.theguardian.com...

Would He approve of this gay couple?

Shew-Plummer says the Hams have turned their children’s lives around. ”Their hearts are amazing,” she said of the couple. "They will fight all day to get what they need for their kids.”

www.today.com...

Would He approve of this gay couple?

Today, their son Kyle is a normal, active, talkative and playful 9-year-old. But when Williams and Packard first started fostering him, he couldn’t read or write and he was extremely withdrawn.

www.register-herald.com...

How about this gay married couple - would He approve of them?

Back in the living room, David plops contentedly on the couch between his parents. He rests his legs over theirs, pats them on the cheeks and tickles them under the arms.

He appears so deeply at ease that it seems almost inconceivable David has lived here only since August and that it has been his permanent home for less than a month.

And David seems to find nothing unusual in having adoptive parents he calls "Dad" and "Daddy."

"I was worried that no one was going to adopt me," he said, "but I've got two dads!"

www.theledger.com...

Would Jesus approve of the thousands of other gay married couples who are raising the children that no one else wants?

Why yes, I think he would approve.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Angel, firstly may love and blessings be upon you.

You have done a brave thing standing up from within the ranks of Christendom to share the true love that God has for each and every one of us.

It's a shame that when a negative thread on this subject starts it's open season and everyone under the sun jumps on board to have a go at bagging the gay community. But when someone says something in support, it gets ignored except by the most cringe worthy of detractors. (You all know who you are, I see you presenting the same poisonous arguments in thread after thread after thread)

Our fight is one for love and acceptance and we in the gay community stand up to these bigots and bullies because we have to. You have done so because you want to.

And for that you and those who have also offered us kind words and arguments in support, every one of you have my utmost respect and gratitude.
edit on 12-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

He would approve of the good things they do.

He would not say they are married in the eyes of God because they aren't.

How much clearer do I have to be: Jesus does not hate them. He hates sin.

edit on 12-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But would he condemn them to hell for providing loving, stable homes to the world's cast-off children?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Would a Middle Eastern Arab Jew have approved of gay marriage 2000 years ago???

I'm gonna say... No.

I'm gonna say, you are correct. But no one is gonna listen, because they have idolized a version of Jesus in their mind, that never existed in reality.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Maybe you're right. Maybe he really was a jerk who didn't have compassion for anyone but the Jews.

Makes no difference to me. The only "God" I would be interested in believing in wouldn't have a problem with gay marriage any more than I have a problem with it. And that's all organized religion is, isn't it? A projection of our own beliefs and attitudes towards others?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Maybe you're right. Maybe he really was a jerk who didn't have compassion for anyone but the Jews.

The Jesus of the bible said and taught many good things. He also said and taught many things from a Jewish, and therefore, old testament law perspective. He was the King of fundamentalists, and a religious zealot, if we are to believe everything attributed to him in the new testament(Which is questionable). He himself said...
18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.
I won't go into the theological view on what fulfilled means to Christians. Suffice it to say, the OT law condemns homosexuality. So no. The biblical Jesus would not have approved of gay marriage in the least.

Makes no difference to me. The only "God" I would be interested in believing in wouldn't have a problem with gay marriage any more than I have a problem with it. And that's all organized religion is, isn't it? A projection of our own beliefs and attitudes towards others?

Amen.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So...getting married, doing good, helping others and having a family is a "sin"....knew there was a problem there...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Well Dear musicismagic,

I have the impression that the bar or club scene that is so strong in the LGBT community has grown so much precisely for the lack of other spaces of social acceptance of the human diversity.

Many people that I have asked about this same topic among the LGBT community has manifested that they are certainly tired to be labeled as bohemian people, as promiscuous community, or people that are likely to suffer of addictions, also there are many perfectly aware that there is a lot of over exploitation of their sexuality by people that is essentially only interested in to profit.

Many people that belong to that segment of the population were accused also of to be more likely to consume prostitution services and that is something that with the civil unions of same gender is going to change.

Another situation that will change , I hope so, is the so common double life that many gay or lesbian people is following right now, there are a lot of supposed straight people that is using the traditionally marriage just as a folded panel in behind they have adulterous same gender affairs.

I think the times in America in which people like Rod Hudson or Montgomery Cliff were forced to live one life at day hours pretending to be straight and one other very different at nights in the bars are over with this changes in the society.

In essence I think one good consequence of this decision of the supreme court is to reduce spaces for the double moral that has damaged a lot the traditionally family values, so in the long run even the straight people will live in a society that will be better since everybody will show in public its true face, not a mask.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 7/12/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Dear Klassified,

I am not going to endorse the change of topic about if the Jesus of the Bible was real or not, for me it is clear that he was a good person and so compassive spiritual leader, with everybody not only with the Jews, but I feel there is something wrong in your statements, at least in one in particular.

Matthew 8: Jesus said to him, "I will come and heal him." 8But the centurion said, "Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9"For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, 'Go!' and he goes, and to another, 'Come!' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this!' and he does it."

There is no evidence that neither the Old Testament or New condemn all expressions of love or physical demonstrations of affection in between people of same gender.

The only clear thing is that sodomy is absolutely condemned, many believe that sodomy and homosexuality are synonym but that is a grave mistake of interpretation, in fact the word homosexual is never really part of the original writings of the bible, it is a modern psychological term.

Now many people believe that Sodomy exist only under homosexuality and that is also wrong, along History there have been many heterosexual people practicing sodomy with partners of the opposite gender and that is also sinful, from the perspective of sexual morality according with the Bible, and curiously is also considered unsafe by modern rules of sexual hygiene.

Not all same gender affective behavior enters in what is sodomy, that is a myth, a limitation due to the materialistic mentality that has kidnapped many generations of people in modern times. Human sexuality is not restricted only to what is merely coital, not all sexual attitudes intend intercourse, as a matter of fact many are only part of sensuality or mutual affection.

There is nothing sinful in to hug, kiss, pet , massage or cuddle with another person or the same gender, any parent or any child can tell you that.

John 13:25 He then lying on Jesus' breast said to him, Lord, who is it?

John 13:22 The disciples began looking at one another, at a loss to know of which one He was speaking. 23There was reclining on Jesus' bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I remember the ALL POWERFUL CREATOR (GOD) of Wester Tradition as being the sole creator of ALL. Then I ask you...

Did God create one(1) kind of bird?...
Did God create one(1) kind of tree?...
Did God create one(1) kind of fruit?...
Did God create one(1) kind of flower?...
Did God create one(1) kind of grass?...
Did God create one(1) kind of bug/insect?...

Then...What makes you think(?) GOD made one(1) kind of LOVE...???

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fshrrex

I remember the ALL POWERFUL CREATOR (GOD) of Wester Tradition as being the sole creator of ALL. Then I ask you...

Did God create one(1) kind of bird?...
Did God create one(1) kind of tree?...
Did God create one(1) kind of fruit?...
Did God create one(1) kind of flower?...
Did God create one(1) kind of grass?...
Did God create one(1) kind of bug/insect?...

Then...What makes you think(?) GOD made one(1) kind of LOVE...???

Yes, and He pronounced some kinds of "love" to be abominations.
edit on 12-7-2015 by Lazarus Short because: yup

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join