It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

batman vs superman trailer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The music was horrible, doomsday was garbage, the plot was illogical, they shoved about 5 iconic comic stories in one movie without earning any of them, lex Luthor is garbage, the reason they fight was stupid and unneeded. None of the political stuff hit its mark.

Marvel officially wins the comicbook movie war.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Really that bad?

I hate Superman so I was hoping I'd enjoy watching him get his face pounded.

But reviews have been all over the place.

edit on 25-3-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Just saw the movie. It was garbage and I loved man of steel!

Gonna reserve judgement until I see it but that doesn't sound promising. I thought man of steel was great too. Trying to avoid the reviews as I know they're pretty much ripping it to pieces right now.

posted on Mar, 26 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BigScaryStrawman

Shows how much I know about comics then.

It's like anything else - I'm only seeing it from a mainstream media point of view, so whatever happened to be on TV shaped my view of the superhero world.

Saying that though - it did feel like the movie poster in I Am Legend was the mainstream media basically future advertising its decision to make a film with that storyline. I find that with topics I do know a lot about - when you know about something for years, but there's never any mention of it in the media. Then the mainstream picks up on it, and suddenly it's everywhere. But usually with a slant to it that detracts from the original version/s.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Really that bad?

NO,

My personal opinion?

Its actually quite good, great at setting up the DC movie universe.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Gonna reserve judgement until I see it but that doesn't sound promising. I thought man of steel was great too. Trying to avoid the reviews as I know they're pretty much ripping it to pieces right now.

After watching it, I think I wont listen to any critics about superhero movies ever again, actually I will, when superhero movies get a negative review from critics I know Im in for a treat.

Great film, great set up for a much larger movie universe, cant wait for Suicide squad, Wonder Woman, Justice league and other movies they have lined up in the next few years.

Marvel do a great job at entertaining me with their shared universe, But I think Warner Bros. have done really well and will continue to impress audiences like myself.

I guess everyone has their own tastes, however my opinion is all thumbs up, good film, great film.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

wait until captain america 3 blows it out of the water.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: InhaleExhale

wait until captain america 3 blows it out of the water.

Not sure what you mean, have a bigger opening for a superhero movie?

I know I am just as excited for Civil War as I was for BvS as I also am for X-men Apocalypse.

I am one that doesn't compare movies, each is their own, or in these cases each is a part of different movie universe.

Ever since Marvel started its really got me looking forward to anything that is released in the same format of building a larger movie or TV universe.

Will it be used to much? I guess it getting there with the Men in black /21 Jump St cross over being discussed by Sony, however if it happens, depending on how its done might be a good laugh.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Do you really think the studio will care what another studio are doing?
If anything I'm sure Marvel studios will be happy that another superhero movie is doing well, seeing as they both compete in the same genre.
It's only prepubescent fanboys who care about Marvel v DC.

Me personally I just enjoy a good movie and although I had issues with this film it was thoroughly enjoyable and sets up the DCEU very well.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I just watched the new movie out with Ben afflek and it was quite good , i am not a lover of super hero movies but would give it 8/10 and wonder what all the bad reviews were about

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
After watching it, I think I wont listen to any critics about superhero movies ever again, actually I will, when superhero movies get a negative review from critics I know Im in for a treat.

You shouldn't ever listen to critics, these are the same pretentious morons who gave Sharknado an 83% rating while they give BvS a 29% rating.

I personally give the film a 7/10, it had problems but it had lots of good too. Batfleck is also my favourite representation of a Batman now, he really nailed the old jaded angry Batman from the Dark Knight returns series

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I just read that Baffy is going to co-write, direct, & star in the next batman film.

God help us all.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The signed him on to write, direct and star in 3 batman films from what I've read

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Are you trying to make me feel worse!?!?
edit on 30-3-2016 by BigScaryStrawman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Why ?

He made an excellent Batman and Bruce Wayne, best Batman and Bruce Wayne I've seen from all the Batmen

Sure Keaton was a great Batman but he lacked the Bruce Wayne
Bale was a great Bruce Wayne but Batman with throat cancer isn't Batman
Affleck pulled off both very well and I was against Affleck being Batman when I first heard he was going to be Batman so he surprised me

He's also not a bad director or writer

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I have despised Ben Affleck in everything except Dogma. It was disappointing that he wasnt the worst thing about BvS. I didn't feel particularly strongly one way or another about his performance as batman, for which I blame the writing. I love Bale but didn't particularly care for any of his batman movies either. Can't actually think of any super hero movie I've genuinely liked...

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigScaryStrawman

I have despised Ben Affleck in everything except Dogma. It was disappointing that he wasnt the worst thing about BvS. I didn't feel particularly strongly one way or another about his performance as batman, for which I blame the writing. I love Bale but didn't particularly care for any of his batman movies either. Can't actually think of any super hero movie I've genuinely liked...

The answer should be Deadpool. Or captain America. This was the DC comics (damage control comics, hehe) trying to pull their own avengers while avoiding the marvel playbook. Did it work? Won't really know until justice league comes out. In the meantime, we have all of phase three to drool over. You do the math.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigScaryStrawman
I just read that Baffy is going to co-write, direct, & star in the next batman film.

God help us all.

I'm actually really looking forward to a red hood adaptation. Of course, if batfleck ruins it, I will be forever disappointed in him.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hmmm I mostly liked it up until the end of the batman and superman fight...then the fight ended for the most utterly retarded of reasons and the rest of the movie devolved into a mess of CGI stupidity with a cheap badguy and a crap ending.

Thought Affleck was pretty good actually and carried the film's story almost single handedly, batman's fighting style was also kinda brutal which I liked a lot.

It's not the worst superhero movie I've ever seen but it wasn't great overall.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I seen the movies some days ago. Did not want to pay for it so I scoured the net, first I found was a guy with a camera, only it was in 3D, plus shaky camera plus crappy resolution. Oh ya! I got a headache after about a minute of watching that. But maybe next time I will save those 3D glasses from the theaters, see what it does, dont think they would work like that but who knows.

The second version I found was watchable, and pretty good resolution considering it was free and another guy and his camera. But anyways! The movie played out pretty much like some have speculated on this thread, including the whole doomsday thing, but that was so obvious they even released a trailer for it.

However I actually liked the movie. I dont see the harsh reviews people have been giving it, and it was a pretty good movie to kick off other movies including the Justice League movie. I have yet to see a comic or anything turned movie come out exactly like the original material on the big screen.

So really I expected all the changes. In fact the only thing that I held against it not that they changed Doomsday plot and background is that they did it so casually and without a bit more explanation. The only thing they got right is that I suppose you can consider Doomsday to be a kryptonian, but they are going to change the whole thing they may as well put a little more effort into it or explain things.

Other then that the Lex Luthor character was way off, the guy was just annoying, and was far from what Lex Luthor is in the comics or any other version out there. Other then that the movie and its flashback and jumping here and there in the story does feel rushed, but that is only because there trying to cram a bunch of stories and plot lines which were whole comics or series of comics, into one movie, if the movie was 3 hours long maybe they could have done it, but even then it would have felt rushed.

In all the movie was actually pretty good, much better then what people are saying, and again, its just a kick off movie me thinks for other movies and eventually a justice league movie, and well? Darksied, obviously, even in the dream sequences Bruce Wayne or Batman had, its clear as day, you had parademons and even the Omega sign Darksieds calling card written in the sand in that dream sequence, all in one huge scrape across the desert, so you could likely even see it from space.

That whole dream sequence at least in my opinion was pretty well done, I mean if you read some of the comic and stories they tied a bunch of things with just that one nightmare scene, but if you havent it probably would not make any sense.

Its pretty obvious, but hopefully the next movie wont be so predictable. Oh and people are saying they dont like the ending, but I say its about time superman died, if anything should make the whole rebirth or whatever they going to do much more interesting, as they can go to a bunch of places from there and this movies ending. It makes things much more interesting I what I am saying.
edit on 2amSaturdayam092016f6amSat, 09 Apr 2016 02:27:42 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join