It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

batman vs superman trailer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:25 PM
OK folks, going to be maybe a few spoilers in this post but I have a theory that it's not Doomsday that is created by Lex but.....Bizarro.

OK so quite a few parts to support this theory and it all comes down to the core elements of the characters in question, something Zack Snyder is very good with.

So from the trailer you see Lex stroking the aura of Superman(Bizarro) as he is kneeling to Lex, very much like it was his creation. When Superman(Bizarro) looks up there is a real look of contempt in his face but there's more to it than that, if you look closely there's a hint of Zod in his face. When you see Superman walking down the hallway, he has the same face, also when Batman leaps on him, pause the frame...same face again.
Also to back this up, when you see the blast of heatvision and Batman grapples away, if that was Superman then he just tried to kill someone again. But people will say that it's a reanimated Zod/Doomsday beast, well if that happens it goes against everything that Doomsday stands for, he's a mindless rage beast with no thought, he has never had heat vision because he doesn't need it to kill Superman. So it's not Doomsday as Zack Snyder knows these characters and what they embody. So it could be a reanimated Zod, yes it could well be but the problem is...We had Zod as the main villain and Superman killed him.

You also have the "Red Capes" which i believe what Lex calls Bizarro's army. Why would Superman have an army and why is that army fighting Batman in the desert later on.. We also see Batman snap one of the Red Capes neck, while I know this is a weary Batman & he probably has killed, I'm of the opinion that they are Cadamus clones, Lex's bioengineering lab.
He has been cloning for the military and when he got Zod's body from the government which we see in the trailer he created Bizarro who is a clone of Superman & Zod in this arc.

There were leaked shots of a funeral procession at the Superman memorial site at Metropolis ground zero. This leads me to think that somehow Superman is incapacitated in some way by Lex. That's when Bizarro is released with his red Cape army, to start seeding distrust in Superman while he is out of the picture & he goes on a rampage. This is how the Justice League is formed.
Lois will figure out that it is n't Superman that is causing this destruction and tries to find him, she will find him and get him released which he will then join the JL in battling Bizarro. Dawn of Justice.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:07 PM
a reply to: TheMadTitan

One of the best batman cartoon movies.. Loved it..

I cannot wait for the movie.. I do not think they will stick to that script, but it will be based off of it...

I have not seen under the red hood might check it out tonight considering primetime tv sucks in the states in july.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Certainly is an interesting theory, wasn't the funeral scene Jim Gordon though, i'm sure he's dead in this universe.

a reply to: Bicent76

You need to watch Under The Red Hood immediately, it is excellent!!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:59 PM

I'm a gamer, always have been, and I remember staying clear of that game, I think I may have tried a demo? but you're right, those flight mechanics don't seem too bad.

Imagine what Rocksteady could do? the glide mechanics in Arkham Knight are bloody slick as you like!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:53 PM
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Just came across this quote from a user on reddit regarding 'The Red Capes Are Coming' Luthor quotes in the trailer, pretty interesting:

It occurred to me this morning that many people might not understand why Lex Luthor (portrayed by Jesse Eisenberg) is saying this in the new BvS : DoJ trailer. So I decided to take a moment to explain it to those who didn't understand. It's a reference to the poem "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere." In the poem, Revere is credited with being the only person to warn the early American militia that an attack is starting and shouting "The British are coming! The British are coming!" The British during the Revolutionary War were also called "the Red Coats," due to their uniforms having a red coat with long coattails. Furthermore, there are two moments in the trailer where military personnel are shown in combat/SWAT team style gear. One in which they are fighting Batman, and another shot in which they kneel to Superman. However, upon further inspection, you'll notice these personnel are not displaying GPD (Gotham Police Department), MPD (Metropolis PD) or even a U.S. flag. Rather, their shoulders bare the S of Hope, taken from Superman's costume. These are soldiers who have taken up arms for Superman. It is also worth noting that Superman does not look pleased by this group or comfortable with them when they kneel. When Luthor says "The Red Capes are coming! The Red Capes are coming!" he's referring to either Superman, the militia fighting in his name, or both.

I think Lex has put together this 'Superman Militia' to get Batman to go after him. I'll have the movie pieced together and watched in my head soon

a reply to: valiant

Which system you play on, last gen, current gen or PC (Sony/M$)?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:10 AM

Playstation, current gen.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:34 AM
The plot is more then straight forward like a lot of movies if that is true. Though I do not think superman would need an army fighting for him. They may just get in the way. Besides if this batman is like the batman in the comics. He really needs no reason to have at least 10 contingency plans against superman just to be prudent. Its what he does and its what batman is about. Batman is not anything if not prudent.

But with all the other charters making cameo. Well I think a doomsday aversion scenario may be more in the works, after which, you know the deal the JLA forms to see that nothing like that happens again, after which batman and superman become buddies put there differences aside and play hopscotch together every Saturday in that tower in the sky. Or at least something like that.

Who knows, we could speculate all day. The worst part may be, we just may get the plot right. And then? Well it will ruin the whole movie when it comes out. Whats the fun in that eh?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:42 AM

OK folks, going to be maybe a few spoilers in this post but I have a theory that it's not Doomsday that is created by Lex but.....Bizarro.

Certainly seems pretty plausible. Makes much more sense given what we've seen.

Exactly 3 minutes into the trailer, the face of Superman does not look exactly may be on to something here. (or just CGI mistakes)

edit on 16-7-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:18 AM
a reply to: valiant

Same brother

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:03 PM
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Superman will never need an army. I'm saying Lex is the one behind the Superman army, getting them to do things in Supermans name to turn the public and Batman against him. They're probably already against him but that army will be the straw that broke the camels back and while Superman and Batman are busy fighting, Lex is finalising his endgame whether that be Bizarro/Doomsday or insert super villain here I don't know.

I've always loved trying to figure out the plot, what might not be fun for some is for others but i see where you are coming from.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:55 AM
I don't think guessing the plot will ruin the movie.

I mean, knowing the reveal about Sixth Sense would ruin that movie the first time...but I doubt it will be similar with this one.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:10 PM

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:35 AM
Was that Robert Downy Jr?? - Awesome!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:15 AM
a reply to: catherinewalker

He is under contract to Marvel as Iron Man, so wouldn't be in a movie with their biggest rivals.
I'm assuming you're talking about Alfred who is being played by Jeremy Irons?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:45 PM
The red capes are coming, is a very interesting topic, not only for movies.

The red capes represent the army of GOD and the globalists who actually hate god, they and their gods become rebels against him... Promoting lots of stuff with red capes as evil. Some examples are..

The empire of starwars (red capes) and the rebels are the good ones, batman vs superman, etc. We are going to see lots of red capes this and next year in the movies. Also the new star wars with the red cross-sabres.

For your records even in ancient years, all gods have red capes, also in Egypt the army of Osiris I think, is with red capes, archangels in Christianity their armor is with red capes. You should know that the cross never occurred from crucifixion. The cross always been the symbol of Father. Much before even their (globalists) gods (rebels) existed. Crucifixion was an attempt to humiliate the cross, but they failed.

So they preparing a war with Father? They are alone and meaningless.
edit on 21-9-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:39 AM
With Just over a week to go I thought I would revive this thread.

I have my tickets booked, Gold class so I can enjoy the 2 and half hour run time.

I feel like young child coming up to Christmas, I just cant wait

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Although there is a press embargo until 6pm tonight, twitter has blown up with reactions from people who were at the premiere and lets just say the reactions have been AMAZING.

I'm travelling 100 miles just to watch this movie in IMAX and I cannot freaking wait.

This movie has been 30 years in the making and I can't believe that it's finally here.
My only concern now is dying before I get to see it, so I'm wrapping myself in bubble wrap and not leaving the house until Friday.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:04 PM
a reply to: Joki42

Yes, the Batman vs Superman movie poster in that film ( I Am Legend ), I always thought that was weird, because as soon as I saw it I knew that they knew they'd be (well, someone would be) making that movie some years into the future. And I don't follow movie news or read comics or anything like that, so if anyone ever said such a film would exist I never heard about it. Sounds odd to me, why would those two fight. I grew up when the original films and TV shows were the only known ones, so the idea of those two fighting - just wouldn't happen. We had stuff like Spiderman and his Amazing Friends, so basically if superheros were ever in the same cartoon or movie, they'd team up.

I hate it when what you see from others forces you to be pulled into their futures.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:20 PM
a reply to: visitors

Batman & Superman first met in the late 30s & first battled each other in 1986 (thanks to Frank Miller)

This movie was anything but pulled out of the blue. Capt. America civil war on the other hand, I'm not sure if that ever actually happened in a comic.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:11 PM
Just saw the movie. It was garbage and I loved man of steel!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>