It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

batman vs superman trailer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

I literally just watched a video on Youtube the other day about easter eggs in movies, this was one of them.

a reply to: galadofwarthethird

They're always changing the stories otherwise your average joe wouldn't get what is going on the way fans would. Take a look at Marvel and their storylines, especially what they did to The Mandarin, although i hear The real Mandarin is set to make an appearance at some point. Plus DC is playing catch up with Marvel and don't have the luxury of time to basically lay down their universe before some climactic universal battle.

The DC equivalent of The Infinity Wars will be the Justice League films and will have our Superheros face off against Darkseid, DC's version of Thanos. Having Doomsday right now in Dawn of Justice makes sense, they've already said that this movie is a 'homage' to The Dark Knight returns and not a remake as such so they're bound to mesh it with other variations, you've gotta keep upping the stakes with these types of films, you can't have massive destruction showing how powerful Superman is (vs Zod) then dumbing him down for the next film. There will be equal if not more destruction than Man of Steel and i wager the height of the destruction will take place on Themyscira, Wonder Woman's homeland.

a reply to: spoonbender

1: Nothing wrong with DC, they're just as good as Marvel and if it weren't for them there would be no competition.

2: I was equally as pissed with the casting, affleck just seemed wrong for the role but he is a good actor and director, i mean better than average so i think he'll be able to pull off the batman.

Eisenberg will nail Luthors part.

edit on CDT07America/ChicagoJulam12CDT4131am by TheMadTitan because: (no reason given)

edit on CDT07America/ChicagoJulam12CDT4131am by TheMadTitan because: added uploaded pic

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

--The film is influenced by the graphic novels "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" (where Superman and Batman clash over opposing views), "Kingdom Come" (Batman uses an army of drones) and "Batman: Noel" (a stone-hearted Batman rediscovers his humanity). --

--The producers state that this is the very first DC Comics film that opens up to a cinematic universe for its heroes: "Batman is being brought into the universe that now this Superman lives in." --

-------------

and to the i am legend comment. he did not pass this movie playing. he passed a fictional poster.
just saying

but yeah, these movies change timelines and blend stories together.
i know some of the marvel movies have little story arcs that didnt take place on earth 660 in the books

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
and i dont know why people dog on affleck so much.
oscar winning director.
oscar winning writer

his acting has come a long way.
look at the town or argo and then go back and look at forces of nature or reindeer games.

i think he is gonna rock out as batman.

hell of a lot better than val kilmer or george clooney

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I suppose they've gotta mix it up really otherwise the whole thing would become real stale real quick. Either way, some great movies coming out from both studios.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

I suppose they've gotta mix it up really otherwise the whole thing would become real stale real quick. Either way, some great movies coming out from both studios.

we are definitely in for some killer comic stuff. i think those movies are getting better and better. i cant think of any that i really didnt like. talking recent ones.

momoa has signed on for justice league 1 and a stand alone aquaman
ezra has signed on for a stand alone flash
gal has signed on for justice league 1 and 2 and a stand alone wonder woman
afflack is signed on for justice league 1 and 2
cavill is signed on for justice league 1 and 2
jackman is on for x men apocalypse and another stand alone wolverine flick

i forgot about suicide squad too. i think that one is gonna be awesome

lots of comic stuff
edit on 12-7-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
dont know which im more excited for, batman v superman or captain america civil war. its crazy how much comic stuff they are adapting to the big screen now. guess they ran out of original movie ideas. not that im complaining...until they run out of decent comics to adapt. or decent directors/producers to do the adapting.

edit on 12-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I cannot wait for this movie.

I watched the anime, batman the dark knight returns cartoon this movie is kinda based off of..

I think it is going to be great. I was not a big batman movie fan, the last 3 until I got a lil older I enjoyed them more.

THE SUPERMAN movie, that just came out is one of my favorite of all time..

I kinda do not want to watch anymore trailers they tend to spoil the movie..

I am excited thou, then I think in a year or 2 after this movie, the justice league movie comes out..

So the ending is going to lead into that movie I think..

I am excited for the next xmen movie also. The Disney marvel movies just do not do it for me anymore, I will watch them, but I do not get as excited..

I wish it was rated R.

edit on b342015-07-12T13:34:30-05:00America/Chicago73176 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh man that vid clip I linked cut out right at the part were it shows the batman vs superman poster in the I am legend movie. Now that I think on it, I do remember seeing it when I watched the movie long ago, it was a ah OK is that the batman logo there sort of moment, which passed in a few seconds and I forgot all about it even up till now.

Now doubt its some sort of conspiracy warning us of things to come and the worlds end. Or its just because they plan in making these movies years and years ahead. I mean look at the whole Thanos line up of movies leading to what fans want to see, if it were not for that the studios did a feature showing all the movies coming out in the next 5 or 8 year or whatever years down the line.

The DC equivalent of The Infinity Wars will be the Justice League films and will have our Superheros face off against Darkseid, DC's version of Thanos. Having Doomsday right now in Dawn of Justice makes sense, they've already said that this movie is a 'homage' to The Dark Knight returns and not a remake as such so they're bound to mesh it with other variations, you've gotta keep upping the stakes with these types of films, you can't have massive destruction showing how powerful Superman is (vs Zod) then dumbing him down for the next film. There will be equal if not more destruction than Man of Steel and i wager the height of the destruction will take place on Themyscira, Wonder Woman's homeland.

I mean if you look into it you can figure out were there going with there movies and this movie. Though it does sort of spoil things in a way. And even the comics are constantly changing storylines now almost every time I look, and I don't do that often or never been that big of a comic fan, outside of when I was a kid, and even then. Ya different plots to the same tale, now I think they just call them different universes and such, you got like 8 or more different versions of superman out there. So for them ie fans that is, to be whining that it does not fit the storylines they read in the comics or original. The only question that begs is which original?

But ya! Its what fans and movie goers want to see right. Lots of cool action and that cool big showdown, so bats and sups may not be facing Doomsday or Darkseid this time around, but there is bound to be some action. No doubt leading into the whole justice league thing. I mean as much as I dont really want to see to many superhero movies, as I think the market is flooded with it now a days. But its hard to not be hyped for some them. And they even got wonder woman in there like you said, you can almost see were this is headed. Either way should be pretty action packed and fun to watch.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Looks interesting, an gonna try to keep expectations low to avoid disappointment.

Maybe it's just overly picky but the batsignal looked lame as hell, like a cave painting of a horse drawn by a blind dude.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I don't know man, i really feel Doomsday is going to be in this. There are rumours all over the place and everything is pointing to Doomsday being in it. Zod's corpse will play a part for sure, maybe Batman makes his armour from Zod's armour. One of the rumours is that Lex will be experimenting on Zod's corpse trying to find a weakness and triggers the Doomsday genome. I hope so anyway.

These movies are doing a tremendous job portraying how Godlike these beings are. I've been waiting years for a decent Superman film, at least modernised, to display his power then i caught a showing of Sucker Punch, a little gem from Zach Snyder, and thought, wow, this guy knows how to pull off fight scenes properly, i hope he does a superman film then BOOM here we are.

I remember being at the cinema watching the fight scene with Superman and Faora/Namek and being completely blown away with a deep sense of satisfaction but wanting more. Then the fight with Zod happened, the crater after their collision, the shockwaves from their punches connecting, thrown through entire buildings, catching falling cars and kicking eighteen wheelers across the street, THAT is how it should be done and if you want to see how a Superman v Doomsday fight should look, take a look at the intro to Superman/Doomsday, that's how it needs to be done..... if he's in it of course.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Its why they have copyrights to the superman character and why they keep the number of kryptonians in the DC universe to a minimum. Superman is probably the single most OP charter out there. Literally if there were more like him or if krypton did not blow up they would end up taking over the whole universe. I mean if you got one and he can practically kill of a whole planet, what would a few hundred thousand of the race be able to do once they are under the different solar radiations of other worlds.

To tell the truth I hope there will be a fight with doomsday in this movie, would really make things interesting and leave lots of room for all kinds of mayhem and crazy out of this world fight scenes. The one with zod in the other movie was like something out of DBZ anime, Zod punching Superman through building, but in Doomsdays case it will be through mountains.

Would be cool, but its likely there will be a cameo at the end of the movie and... Tune in next time kids, for the next movie. We shall see I suppose. There's got to be something more though, I mean we got wonder woman in there already, I am sure they will pull out a few more characters they will not show till the movie comes out.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Confirmed characters so far, at least according to IMDB are Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, Aquaman, The Flash and Cyborg. Another interesting cast member who's character is simply called Gotham City Survivor can also be seen in the credits. Surely pointing to Superman going after Bats in Gotham with another mega fight scene, i'm sure there credits left out for the time being to avoid spoilers. We know Zod's corpse is in the film and i know that Michael Shannon was on the set of Batman v Superman but no mention of his name in the credits, from what i can see anyway.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know I just watched that superman/doomsday animated movie. I never seen it before, but I see what you mean though. I was thinking the whole destroyed city destroyed would be at the end, but it could be the thing which draws the whole story from the beginning the encounter with doomsday. It would surely explain all those falling buildings, just as much as it would that Bruce Wayne was there during the encounter Superman had with Zod in the last movie.

But it never occurred to me to look at the cast list and see whos playing who in any movie. Looking at that it all now, well it just spells JLA to me. So we will see.

Though now, thanks to your idea. I suppose I can finally look up who were all those dudes in Chuck Norris movies were and see who all those random guys that got chucked were. Its what I did, but could not find his earlier movies. But unfortunately the movies are either to old or they never did put any smaller extras in the credits.

I figured it would be something like this. The thing is I think all of those charcters on my little list, may have stared in a Chuck Norris movie at one time or another.

Random Ninja 1 who gets head kicked - John Doe
Random Ninja 2 in forest who gets Karate chopped- Sam Somebody
Biker in bar who gets Chuck Norrised - Bibidi Dibidi
Tough guy 1 and 2 who get the jumping split kicks - Billy Bob and Joe Bob
Random beach bum 4 picking wedge - Nemo Nomo
Though guy in pink - Vericimo Veristo
Hench man number 8 and his little dog - Badi Gui and Puddles

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I'm a sucker for spoilers so i'm always hitting IMDB to check out cast members. Way before Man of Steel was released i saw Faora was cast plus read the spoiler of a wicked fight between herself/Namek and Superman from the very same site i'm reading about the Doomsday spoilers

Kryptonite is also in this film judging by the trailer, now check out the scene with Superman on his knees in front of Lex with Lex saying 'Devils come from the sky'. I think Lex has just brought Superman to his knees with the Kryptonite, i hope they don't overuse it. Not sure i like the hairy Lex mind but the radioactive Kryptonite will probably sort that out and wasn't there a picture of Jesse Eisenberg sporting the bald look not too long ago?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I weep for the movie industry if this and the generations that is growing up thinking that this passes as even decent entertainment. Bad sequels of bad sequels and sequels of comic book characters, that is all Hollywood has.

I just wanted to veg today and watch movies after the loss of my pet. I went through the entire list of all the movies that have come out in the last two years. Nothing of interest. Even the horror flicks that usually lift my spirits, seriously, give me something beside another haunted house movie.

I am just so damn irritated because as long as people keep paying to see junk, the quality of movies is going to continue to plummet. 5 years from now, we'll have a Batman vs. Superman 7 or something shoot me now.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm
Well they are milking this whole superhero movies for all its worth.

Though if you have not watched it you should watch guardians of the galaxy. It was one movie which surprised me, I thought it would be another lame take on the comics, but its actually pretty good. That or the hobbit movies Battle of five armies was pretty entertaining. And that is all the movies I seen or can remember from this year and last. Probably seen others, but they must have sucked because I cant remember them.

Or you can go with some classics. How about old yeller? Or probably not, maybe not seeing as a pet died recently and all. Well I am out of ideas. But I am sure there are other movies out there besides the ones I listed.

And ya! A batman vs superman 7, may be a good idea. Or not, because besides what the batman fans say, in any vs series that goes past the 1st round, superman would likely throw a moon on batman and end that little fight, kryptonite or no kryptonite.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

im a sucker for spoilers too....i go into the discussion boards for the movies and i always find links to trivia in there
forgot where i read these..

of course batman and superman go at it. in the trailer you see wayne enterprises get destroyed. was cause of superman somehow. in the trailer batman says that superman is powerful enough to destroy the whole planet so he must be destroyed.

batmans suit has kryptonite missles

luthor creates doomsday

superman and batman have to team up to fight doomsday in the 3rd act

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

im a sucker for spoilers too....i go into the discussion boards for the movies and i always find links to trivia in there
forgot where i read these..

of course batman and superman go at it. in the trailer you see wayne enterprises get destroyed. was cause of superman somehow. in the trailer batman says that superman is powerful enough to destroy the whole planet so he must be destroyed.

batmans suit has kryptonite missles

luthor creates doomsday

superman and batman have to team up to fight doomsday in the 3rd act
UMMM SPOILER ALERT?! ....wait, they turn general zod into - wow. taking some questionable creative liberties there. but thats snyder for ya.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly except for the joker. im on the fence about him. ive always imagined him to be something of a caricature, the definition of "exagerrated for comedic effect". hes not the clown prince of crime for nothing. guess we will find out.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Oh i knew they'd go at it at some point, just that Gotham City Survivor cast member got me thinking there must be some more serious destruction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join