It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Birth of a Spray Plane

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: network dude

He's ex military too, so he'd probably get a really big grin from chemtrails.

might not want to ask him then. (he could be 'in on it')

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yes, the DC-3 is a good spray platform. They have used them for mosquito control in Florida for decades.

OTOH, the swept-wing 727 seems much the opposite to me. Too fast and not really comfortable in low level situations.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

I felt the same, until I saw it at Cosford. The low level, low speed flying demonstrated there was exceptional.

Here a shot that demonstrates the slow speed held for the initial pass

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Holy Crap! Look at those low altitude chemtrails!!!

Nice shot.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Right, slats and flaps out and he is flying with the Extras, or they with him.

Great shot BTW.

But as a spray platform I question that choice, mostly because I did 10 years fixed-wing spraying back in the 70's.

Basically, an airframe designed to operate in the flight levels at .75 Mach is not really a good spray platform for working below 1000 feet. They do a good job with the DC-10 in the water tanker role for fires, but it would be interesting to see that 727 with atomizers on the trailing edge.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salander

Right, slats and flaps out and he is flying with the Extras, or they with him.

Great shot BTW.

Thanks, the Extras are the Blades aerobatic team (truly exceptional - all ex Red Arrows and you can pay to fly with them!). They share a common owner with the 727's.

But as a spray platform I question that choice, mostly because I did 10 years fixed-wing spraying back in the 70's.

Basically, an airframe designed to operate in the flight levels at .75 Mach is not really a good spray platform for working below 1000 feet. They do a good job with the DC-10 in the water tanker role for fires, but it would be interesting to see that 727 with atomizers on the trailing edge.

Fair enough, I have no such experience to call upon. I'm intrigued to ask them why they chose it now, the 727's have replaced C-130's previously used. Faster response time is the only possible reason I can come up with on my own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join