It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jenny's Wedding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Apparently, this film was in production in 2013 but fell short in funding and could not be completed/released. There was a crowdfunding campaign for it in 2014 and it is being released at the end of the month on IFC on Demand and in theatres. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. Even though I'm not a Heigl fan (she slammed Apatow and Rogen during the press tour for Knocked Up and that made me a sad panda) I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this and might even scrounge up the money to see it at a Cineplex.

Here's the funny part. The trailer (and probably the movie) is cliche and cheesy and that couldn't make me happier. The majority of films with lesbian couples in them are really depressing. It will be nice to have a fluff film for once with a happy ending.

I hope it does well in the box office too so that film studios will be more open to making these kinds of films and provide better financial backing.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

yeah thats cool.
ill be watching it.
i like alexis and one of meryl's daughters is in this. it looks like grace.

if youre into these types of stories, check this out.
have not seen it yet but its new.

john lithgow and alfred molina

www.imdb.com...

After Ben and George get married, George is fired from his teaching post, forcing them to stay with friends separately while they sell their place and look for cheaper housing -- a situation that weighs heavily on all involved.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I'll have to check Love is Strange out. I love John Lithgow and Alfred Molina. A similar one, though TV(ish), is Grace & Frankie on Netflix. Funny yet informative.

I'm mostly stoked for Jenny's Wedding because, yay(!), lesbians. Closest romcom we've gotten so far is Imagine Me & You with Lena Headey and Piper Perabo.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

i have been debating on starting grace and frankie. i might now based on your recco.

im a 37 year old man and i am a crazy sucker for chick flicks and rom coms...

i watch them more than my wife.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog This looks good. I am not a big rom/com fan, but I do like movies that show family dynamics - whether it is a wedding or after a funeral movie- situations that put families under stress and how they deal.

top topics

join