It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning of Obama’s Silence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

It's a left right issue to those who don't wish to delve any deeper beyond popular political talking points spouted by the media -

Try again.

Pelosi,Reid, and other top democrats where there during the Reagan era.

Same can be said of top Republicans.

Right versus Left.

The media doesn't say that.

After 30 years of suppose to be fixing immigration how the hell is it still a problem.

Just exactly what are they doing.

when there are so many more shades out there, you just refuse to see them.

No there isn't especially when it comes to LAWS.

Hell we have the house, and senate who thinks it's their 'only' job to pass laws.

Well if the laws they pass do not have to be followed ?

Then what the hell is the point of having congress, and paying those people ?

None.

It also means every single person in this country gets to pick, and choose what laws they want to follow, and what ones they don't.

You are so blinded by propaganda

Not hardly.

We are either a nation of laws or we aren't.

No shades of nothing.

Hate the law get rid of it.

But don't pick, and choose when it matters.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
And how would of Bush's immigration reform actually fixed the issue in a real world application? How would any immigration reform Regan wanted be successful? Funny that illegal immigration from mexico/south america exploded during his presidency. Regan was a globalist to the Nth degree, and only continued the political objectives of the ruling political elite of the US, as every president since the end of WW2 has done, no matter party affiliation.

There was a political shift after WW2 in the US, and that political shift has continued to this day - and that political shift is much more concerned with economics, and political domination, then the social/cultural issues used to distract the populace - there are only two parties in the US, and they play for the same team - but despite that, there are plenty of different ways to view issues, then simply a US right/left political view. To isolate yourself from any view other then a right/left view, is to isolate yourself from viewing an issue from an objective standpoint. It's like placing blinders on so you only view what makes you feel emotionally "good", it is antithesis to truth, and muddies analytical thought.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Then whyhy did he get involved with Treyvon Martin? Why did he have a beer summit with an officer and black professor?
Why does he comment on every little thing that serves his agenda, but remains quiet on this? Maybe because it shows his immigration policy is allowing convicted felons to enter and remain in the U.S under the protection of this administration? That his policies in general are crap?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

And how would of Bush's immigration reform actually fixed the issue in a real world application? How would any immigration reform Regan wanted be successful? Funny that illegal immigration from mexico/south america exploded during his presidency. Regan was a globalist to the Nth degree, and only continued the political objectives of the ruling political elite of the US, as every president since the end of WW2 has done, no matter party affiliation.

Hmmm I don't remember 'death' trains, and government housing illegals during GWs term.

There was a political shift after WW2 in the US, and that political shift has continued to this day

Don't think so.

According to THIS:

en.wikipedia.org...

Immigration has been HISTORICALLY consistent.

There has ALWAYS been limitations placed on it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hmmm I don't remember 'death' trains

Well, we have entered a new area of this debate, haven't we?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Of course we are a nation of laws - and people pick and choose which laws they choose to obey every day, no matter political affiliation. Many people get away with breaking those laws - how many traffic violations do you see every day? Businesses still knowingly hire illegal immigrants, people shirk the law if they think it will benefit them, and they can get away with it - it has absolutely nothing to do with political affiliation but rather human behavior.

Right and wrong is not affiliated with left/right. There are bad people no matter what political affiliation they support. To boil everything down to a black/white, red/blue, left/right issue is pedantic. There are numerous political systems outside of the US - there are numerous views on governance.

I agree, the US political system needs SERIOUS reform to be able to survive the future, but it's not going to get any serious reform from the current political establishment of either party.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No an old area of 'debate' or what some people just want to IGNORE.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Really?

Now the evil little chittlin's are coming to America on death trains to get themselves some amnesty, huh?

Please.

When are we going to stop this idiotic nonsense and start talking about issues like adults?

It's hard enough to combat ignorance, let alone when crazy enters the room.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I really don't understand this need to blame Obama for everything, can someone please explain this to me? I'm from the UK, not the USA, personally I think I think Obama is an awesome guy.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
I really don't understand this need to blame Obama for everything, can someone please explain this to me? I'm from the UK, not the USA, personally I think I think Obama is an awesome guy.

He's not an awesome guy. He's a corporate sellout that followed the neocon agenda to secure his position.

People blame him because they have fallen prey to the propaganda and have forgotten how to think for themselves. Welcome to 'Merika.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Of course the law has been similar since WW2, the illegal immigration boom of the early 80's had nothing to do with law in place. After another surge in the early 2000's (which again had nothing to do with GW's immigration policy) the percentage of population that illegally immigrated has remained pretty stable.

The United States depends upon growth - growth of jobs, population etc, etc, etc. The problem with modern, educated, financially stable populations are that they tend to breed less - a successful educated couple that both work are much less likely to have a large family - but we depend upon growth to keep our global economy working, so we need to get that population from somewhere - and that is immigration - but changing demographics will scare established populations, and there is usually a social backlash over the new "faces" that are culturally/socially diverse.

The "right" tends to promote "traditional" values, that include more traditionally large families (my mother was the 11th child in her family of 12 siblings, while my parents, much more educated and financially stable then their parents, only had myself and one other child). While the "left" promotes immigration policies - two different solutions to the same problem, but there are other possible solutions to the problem then those two views. And that is just one example, of one issue.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The United States depends upon growth - growth of jobs, population etc, etc, etc.

The problem is there are too many mouths to feed, and not enough to go around.

When a countries resources can not support the populace it already has?

It is sheer stupidity to add more people when it already can't take care of what it has.

And this is why immigration law even exists in the first place.

Trickle the flow, and let it absorb what it has.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Let's look at the way they dealt with illegal immigration in the:

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986

required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status;

made it illegal to hire or recruit illegal immigrants knowingly;

legalized certain seasonal agricultural illegal immigrants, and;

legalized illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously with the penalty of a fine, back taxes due, and admission of guilt; candidates were required to prove that they were not guilty of crimes, that they were in the country before January 1, 1982, and that they possessed minimal knowledge about U.S. history, government, and the English language.

What went wrong?

And remember, Reagan had to "work with" a full Democrat House of Representatives his entire two terms.

And Reagan's Senates were mostly a less than 60 Republican majority for 6 years, and then a Democrat majority.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Indeed, what did go wrong? Legislation really doesn't have an effect on "reality" - murder is illegal, has been for a very long time, but on average in the US, there are 40 murders every single day - Will some type of legislation lower that number effectively? It is illegal to employ illegal immigrants today, but it still happens, usually through stolen identities, fake social security numbers, 1099's, and "grey market" under the table cash jobs - and it isn't one political affiliation benefiting from the skirting of the law - being a shyster requires no political/cultural affiliation.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Of course they control the flow - you can't have uncontrolled immigration - an annual growth rate of .1% is required to maintain a modern society (economic/industrial/population growth). When they say "Job rates are down" they don't mean there are actual job losses, but rather that projected job growth was lower then projected, there were more jobs, but not enough to keep track with projected growth.

Of course any system based on exponential growth is doomed to collapse, and our system is no different - many of the current global political/economic disruption can be attributed to these "growing" pains. The population numbers of economically advanced nations have slowed, while developing nations population numbers have swelled - I am not very old, yet the world population has doubled in my short lifetime. There is a reason most of the world survives on the equivalent of $2 a day, and US right/left politics have no interest in fixing these glaring problems in our social order.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I've seen several presidents in my time, Reagan, Tosspot Snr, Clinton, Tosspot Jnr and Obama, out of all those, Clinton was probably the best, but Obama is a close second.

edit on 12/7/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Of course they control the flow -

Apparently not.

Hence the immigration problem.

Here comes the a certain political group per the topic usurping a process that works the way it's suppose to into a preferred out come for political gain.

Enforce the border. Enforce the law. Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

www.urbandictionary.com...

The acute onset of paranoia in otherwise normal people in reaction to the policies, the statements -- nay -- the very existence of Barack Obama.

and
douthat.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Again, I completely agree with you that exponential growth will spell doom for our society, but this system of exponential growth was able to bring about modern society - our global system is based on debt, which is an exponential system itself - for modern economies to be able to keep up with the interest on exponential debt, they require exponential growth. It is madness, and absolutely a convoluted system, but conservatives are as disinterested as the liberals at fixing the system at it's rotten core, because, simply, money.

We can't have opulent wealth without exponential growth. Try taking the ability to acquire opulent wealth from the populace - it'd never happen, as most of the political ruling class either come from the opulent wealthy, or are supported by the opulent wealthy. Again, it's not a left/right problem, you have just as many on the left that are ridiculously wealthy as on the right, and neither have interest in changing the system, as exponential growth is required for exponential resource accumulation, which is what the wealthy do.

If you look at the problems of the US (and the globe, really) most of the problems boil down to short-sighted greed with no political affiliation.

I don't believe Obama really cares about changing any of the pressing issues facing the globe today - nor do I think Hillary will (Many Democrats cheer Clinton, but I view him as promoting the same agenda as those who proceeded him) - but I also don't think Jeb Bush, Trump, nor Scott Walker will fix the pressing issues - but rather continue the current agenda, with their own flavor thrown in.

Any real reform that could possibly effect the current political agenda economically will be blocked, no matter the party affiliations. And before anyone shouts marxist at me, I am no fan of any totalitarian government rule - Stalin/mao/pol pot/kim/etc were all totalitarian dictators that had no real interest in the overall benefit of their populations.

If I don't identify with the republicans, and I don't identify with the democrats, where does that leave me? Colorless in a red/blue world? A rebel without a cause?

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I don't believe Obama really cares about changing any of the pressing issues facing the globe today - nor do I think Hillary will (Many Democrats cheer Clinton, but I view him as promoting the same agenda as those who proceeded him) - but I also don't think Jeb Bush, Trump, nor Scott Walker will fix the pressing issues - but rather continue the current agenda, with their own flavor thrown in.

I will agree with that.

I mean if politicians actually solved problems there would be no need for them.

Which is why nothing ever gets fixed. To provide themselves job security.

If I don't identify with the republicans, and I don't identify with the democrats, where does that leave me? Colorless in a red/blue world? A rebel without a cause?

I don't know.

I don't know what I am any more either.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join