It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning of Obama’s Silence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Greathouse

But that is what this post is asking for is it not?
An elected official to preach a stance on the subject.

Well the way I read it was it was asking for a elected official in to comment on the issue . If it was an agenda he wanted to speak on he would climb right up on the soapbox.

He has spoken many times and about his opinion on immigration . But so far his silence is deafening in defense of his position .

An honest man would speak right out and say yes mistakes will happen .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: xuenchen

The question how this guy goes back and forth repeatedly entering and being deported from the states seeming at will is a good one.

We know San Francisco is a "sanctuary" city and there's controversy about why the City never turned the perpetrator over to Federal authorities.

Got a link on "sanctuary"?

Map: Over 200 'sanctuary cities' in 32 states and D.C.

"More than 200 cities, counties and states across the United States are considered sanctuary cities. These state and local jurisdictions have policies, laws, executive orders, or regulations allowing them to avoid cooperating with federal immigration law enforcement authorities. These 'cities' ignore federal law authorizing U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to administratively deport illegal aliens without seeking criminal warrants or convictions from federal, state, or local courts."

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The only reason this is making news is because of Trump's immigration stance and the upcoming presidential election. Murders happen every day, some by illegals, some by elephants.

This is being reported on as a lightening rod to get conservatives worked up. Apparently it's doing a good job, look at all the people who are getting so emotionally invested.

I'm going to change Trump's quote on immigrants and rape:

Who's doing the racist fear mongering? I mean someone's doing the racist fear mongering!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
One big problem Obama has here.

He has difficulty avoiding the allegations about the SF police.

But this is close to the same things claimed as police "out of control" in Ferguson and Baltimore isn't it.

San Francisco Sheriff Brought Kate Steinle's Illegal Alien Killer Back to The City

Since the horrifying murder of 32-year-old Kate Steinle in the sanctuary city of San Francisco last week by illegal alien and multi-felon Francisco Sanchez, many have been asking how Sanchez "slipped through the cracks." He didn't. In fact, according to a new report in the San Francisco Gate, San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi (who has a criminal history of his own) requested Sanchez be transferred into his jurisdiction.

Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

People would think Obama and Democrat candidates would be all over that theory.

Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

ICE doesn't have their hands clean on this either, they needed to have a warrant on the guy to get him back from San Fran if they knew where they were sending him.
One they could have easily gotten.

Lots of people dropped the ball on this

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Building a wall of that size would be great for the economy...

Any private land holders who wish not to participate can then be held responsible for anyone who makes it through their land and commits a crime.

Now, I'm being half realistic here...
And likely to be flamed by both sides...

Wait until Trump has the same idea and becomes one of the favourites for POTUS.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

ICE doesn't have their hands clean on this either, they needed to have a warrant on the guy to get him back from San Fran if they knew where they were sending him.
One they could have easily gotten.

Lots of people dropped the ball on this

True.

Especially with the gun controversy.

Obama is pushing his Federal guideline agenda for local police, and yet says nothing about Federal police agency screw-ups.

He has a dilemma on his hands this time.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: reldra

Building a wall of that size would be great for the economy...

Any private land holders who wish not to participate can then be held responsible for anyone who makes it through their land and commits a crime.

The government would just exercise eminent domain.

And part of the Arizona "border" is on a Native American Reservation.

That Reservation is also in Mexico.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
meh!

Why should Obama get involved in local law enforcement?

That is a fantastic question.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
meh!

Why should Obama get involved in local law enforcement?
The murder and the apprehension of the perpetrator has nothing to do with
Obama or his office.

You can't be serious with that statement. You don't follow the news or missed the trips of Fast&Furious boss man to Ferguson, Mo. or Obama's recent trip to South Carolina? It is all about politics and a slanted ideology.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So it's Obama's fault when he doesn't get personally involved, and it's Obama's fault when he gets involved.

Got it.

Even Superman from the comics can't be everywhere at all times, taking care of every incident in a world of over 6 billion people.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The only reason this is making news is because of Trump's immigration stance and the upcoming presidential election. Murders happen every day, some by illegals, some by elephants.

This is being reported on as a lightening rod to get conservatives worked up. Apparently it's doing a good job, look at all the people who are getting so emotionally invested.

I'm going to change Trump's quote on immigrants and rape:

Who's doing the racist fear mongering? I mean someone's doing the racist fear mongering!

Wow murders happen everyday, some by illegals and some by elephants. Tell that too her parents. Your a Mod huh?
Here is a link I found that helps explain some on Sanctuary Cities.www.cnn.com...

edit on 11-7-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Hmmm that's a sticky one Xuenchen...
Thanks for the details.

A wall seems like the only solution, would make a hell of a lot of money for many families of the designers, builders and material contractors, maybe even a few dollars for those currently unwilling to have it on there land.

It does have a hint of apartheid about it, but it's not really comparable to Palestine imo.

Sorry to drift your thread, I think Obama should say something, he sticks his nose in plenty, as Greathouse said, a true man would say something at least.
More spineless behaviour to add to his ever growing list.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yes. Where have you been the last several years?!?

Jeeze.

ETA - to be fair I think it's more about the things chosen to be involved with. Then again maybe I read too much into it.
edit on 11-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Not at fault, but his selective attitude stinks to high heaven.
Even from many thousands of miles away.

Silence is rarely golden.
edit on 11-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
If Obama had a daughter, she would not be Kathryn Steinle. What does Obama care about the random murder of a typical white woman?

He only cares about the murders of black people whom he can claim might be his sons.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Even then he doesn't care...

But he can make it sound like he does.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: ketsuko

Even then he doesn't care...

But he can make it sound like he does.

Oh, I know, but a lot of people think he cares and that's the problem.

He has an interesting history on the things he weighs in on - the Beer Summit; Trayvon Martin; Sandy Hook; Ferguson, New York and Baltimore; Charleston.

So the themes I see there are anti-cop, black/white racial, anti-gun.

If Steinle doesn't fit those themes, he won't weigh in.
edit on 11-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The family of Kathryn Steinle should sue, criminally, the city of San Francisco for harboring criminals, accessory to murder.
Family should seek tens of millions in civil courts as well, for criminal negligence causing death.

That would "kill" the "sanctuary city" movement real quick....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join