It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Meaning of Obama’s Silence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The is about the apparent "silence" from the Obama Administration concerning the murder of Kathryn Steinle in San Francisco.

Kathryn Steinle was (allegedly) murdered by an "illegal" immigrant who was deported several times and convicted of multiple crimes before.

We know San Francisco is a "sanctuary" city and there's controversy about why the City never turned the perpetrator over to Federal authorities.

This author highlights some "reasons" why Obama may not be commenting. Mostly political and/or self serving.

A little scary if true.

Maybe there's more reasons?

The story is based on a FoxNews story from Megyn Kelly.

The meaning of Obama’s silence

Megyn Kelly asks a great question regarding the tragic murder of Kathryn Steinle in the presence of her father at the hands of five-time deportee, seven-time felon Francisco Sanchez in the sanctuary city of San Francisco (RCP has posted transcript and video at the link):

Kate’s murder has…exploded into a national debate on illegal immigrants, sanctuary cities and crime. With the White House ducking the issue of its own acquiescence in these cities’ decision to flout the federal immigration laws which were duly enacted. When asked repeatedly this week to speak to this case, White House spokesman Josh Earnest declined to weigh in other than to refer folks to the Department of Homeland Security.

Hmmm.

Why does Obama keep quiet about some things and makes a big deal about others?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
meh!

Why should Obama get involved in local law enforcement?
The murder and the apprehension of the perpetrator has nothing to do with
Obama or his office.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen Fox news would spin this some way whether he said anything or not.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So this would be a case where it is ok to politicize the death of someone?
This is the agenda that needs to get pushed I guess.

Always get confused when you can and can not do that.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

A great post, there are many questions that need to be asked and answered . I just wish there was another source. This site is not very receptive to the F word .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Obama's fualt that this man broke the law many times and we deported him 5 times, you now that thing we do to illegals with criminal histories that our president has told the ICE/CBP to focus on? Or is this just a jab at the fact that we dont have a manned border fortress with abrams threating mostly non-criminals entering our country in non-leagal ways?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

This site is very accepting of it, sure there are posters that are against it but the flags and stars usually tell a different story.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

This site is very accepting of it, sure there are posters that are against it but the flags and stars usually tell a different story.

Your correction of my statement is acknowledged and better than mine thanks .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

A great post, there are many questions that need to be asked and answered . I just wish there was another source. This site is not very receptive to the F word .

Well I doubt any normal Big3 networks will question the integrity of Obama on this one.

He has his EOs in place for those Federal guidelines for local police.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
nm, guess i was wrong.
edit on thSat, 11 Jul 2015 18:57:57 -0500America/Chicago720155780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: xuenchen Fox news would spin this some way whether he said anything or not.

Well that's a kool-aid gulper ain't it.

Probably true.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle He's been deported 5 times. He kept getting back in. It is not that no one is doing the job of deportation. You think someone waves a magic wand and we build the great wall of china? We may not be able to afford it. There is private land where parts of it would go and some landowners are saying no. A lot of people just don't want a massive wall built.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So this would be a case where it is ok to politicize the death of someone?
This is the agenda that needs to get pushed I guess.

It's pretty easy for me to tell the difference. When a media outlet does it that is what they're supposed to do. But when an elected official preaches a stance atop a pile of bodies to further a previous agenda is when I personally take offense .

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The question how this guy goes back and forth repeatedly entering and being deported from the states seeming at will is a good one.

We know San Francisco is a "sanctuary" city and there's controversy about why the City never turned the perpetrator over to Federal authorities.

Got a link on "sanctuary"?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Edit;

We resolved our dilemma with u2u's . I also edit my post to prevent thread drift .

Thank you for the private discussion Sremmos.

BEERS!

edit on 11-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

link   
I guess we'll just have to make America less appealing to illegal immigrants.

Why don't we get rid of the minimum wage, overtime and worker protection? Let's let the corporations/businesses run the show! They won't want to ship jobs overseas this way!

When you get paid the same in America as Mexico, the illegals won't want to come here!

Oh wait, we're slowly headed that direction already.

link   
Double post!
edit on 11-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

But that is what this post is asking for is it not?
An elected official to preach a stance on the subject.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Why does Obama need to speak out about this case??? What does it have to do with him??? What makes it so important compared to any other issue???

All I see is the same BS cycle of "Thanks Obama" rhetoric and blame shifting going on. When he does speak out something the Conservatives are shocked and insulted about what he says. When he doesn't speak out on something they all question his motives for not speaking.

It doesn't matter what he does because the Right Wing will continue to find fault in whatever he does. Hell, they blame him for things he has no part in also. That's where the whole schtick of "Thanks Obama" comes from. It's a joke about how much conservatives blame Obama for everything under the sun.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join