It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuscaloosa man dies in police custody

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Obviously the only solution is to ask people being arrested to fill out a medical questionnaire prior to any fracas ensuing so law enforcement has something to reference before deploying any means of force.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Police received a tip that a man wanted for attempting to elude was at a residence.

How can you be wanted for attempting to elude? It seems like you'd either elude, or not.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Unity_99

Obviously the only solution is to ask people being arrested to fill out a medical questionnaire prior to any fracas ensuing so law enforcement has something to reference before deploying any means of force.

Too, it might help to train LEOs that 1200 pounds of them kneeling on someone's back or chest may tend to cause asphyxia. The solution for someone flailing and turning blue might not be a deeper pig pile or a well-placed shin to the throat to stop "resistance", but letting them breathe.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I'm not far from Tuscaloosa and I can say that the cops here are out of control. They don't have body cams and most incidents happen outside of dash cams. They will only investigate till it goes the wrong way then the cop will quit his job and go to another station and the investigation will stop. I work with a guy who's son was shot by a cop and they have spent about 30k trying to get him in jail because he left that department and went to another and the charges was dropped on him. His son was shot for riding a at through the corner of the cops yard and the cop ran him down in his car and cornered him and pulled his gun out so the guy rode off in a trail and the cop shot him 2 times. The cop said he thought he was going to run over him. But the dash cam showed him going the other way and during the investigation the dash cam video wasn't there they said it was messed up and it took almost a year to get it and when they got it the whole scene was the only thing not on the cam.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

a reply to: alienjuggalo

Where somebody died from pepper spray? Or they died from something that was triggered by pepper spray?

An asthmatic doesn't die from pepper spray, they die from having a reaction to it.

So, as I said, cause of death as opposed to a contributing factor. If you're aware of an instance where pepper spray was listed as the primary cause, by all means share.

Come on now----that's like saying a person didn't die from the bullet lodged in his heart but from blood loss resulting from the bullet wound. Technically, it is correct---the subject died because the bullet triggered blood loss.

Dozens of people die after being sprayed so it is indeed convenient that the spray itself can be characterized as a "contributing factor." Weasel words used by lawyers when it suits their purpose.

According to the CNN story: www.cnn.com...

Dunn said the incident was captured on video, which will be released to the public "as soon as the Tuscaloosa County homicide investigators say it can be released without hindering the ongoing investigation."

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
How can you be wanted for attempting to elude? It seems like you'd either elude, or not.

Glad I'm not the only one who questioned that seeming oxymoron.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join