It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft sightings and seeing... Hope everyone will participate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hey, this may be a little off topic for the forum but its something that everyone could participate in.

It's not much, basically if you could just state what country/state/city you live in and what different kinds of military aircraft you have seen, and is that aircraft a regular for that area?
I want to hear about some Migs and Flankers people!

Here in Washington I�ve seen:

*F-15Cs at airshows, CAP.

*F-15D chase plane guiding an F/A-22 in to Boeing field over my house at ~200ft.

*F-15E Eagles 2ship CAP above my house after 9/11 for a month or so.

*A-10s at airshows and have seen 2x2 ship formations heading towards the mountains.

*F/A-18C-D squadrons coming from carrier deployment to Boeing field for refuel and maintenance, occasionally seen above my house at ~200 ft going in for landings at Boeing field, Blue Angels annually.

*EA-6Bs on game flyby and on training.

*F/A-18E-F squadrons coming in for refuel, maintenance, and cross countries.

*E-3 AWACS parked on runway at Boeing field.

*F-14 parked at Museum at Boeing.

*A-6 parked at Museum at Boeing.

*A-4 Skyhawk Blue Angel inside Museum at Boeing.

*Mig-21Fishbed inside Museum at Boeing.

*F-9F Panther, Museum at Boeing.

*F-104 Starfighter, Museum at Boeing.

*P-80 Shooting Star, Museum at Boeing.

*F-5 Freedom Fighter, Museum at Boeing, buzzed my house like the F/A-18 Hornets every month until late last year on finals to Boeing.

*F-102 gutted and being restored, airshow.
*Mig-15 Faggot, airshow.

*F-16A-D Viper, always flying at ~angels 5 in 2 ship formations above my house, USAF Thunderbirds.

*Sr-71 Blackbird, Museum at Boeing.

*B-707 Airforce One, Museum at Boeing.

*KC-135 Stratotanker, flybys at airshows, on the ground.

*C-17 Globemaster III, airshow, ground, flybys over my house, deployments.

*C-141B Starlifter, airshow, ground, deployments over my house.

*UH-1 Huey, airshow, ground, rescuing jackasses off the mountains.

*CH-46 Sea Knight, airshow, ground, rescuing jackasses off the mountains, horrifying flights during dawn.

*SH-60 Seahawk, Airshows, ground.

*UH-60 Black Hawk, Airshows, ground, always rescuing jackasses off the mountains.

Last but not least,

*F/A-22 Raptor being guided directly over my house at ~200ft being chased by an F-15D chase jet in chase plane scheme.

I've seen all the older ones but would rather not mention them.

I also need to see some F-8 Crusaders, A-7 Corsairs, F/A-35, X-32, and more F-4 Phantoms.

Anyway, I usually get frequented by F/A-18C-F squadrons over my house every month or so but they have just about stopped with the crap going on in Iraq and the carriers placements in S.E. Asia.

I usually see 2 ship formations of F-16s on training missions at ~5k a few times a year.

I look forward to seeing F/A-18G Growlers in the near future as the EA-6B squadrons will be transitioning to them up at NAS Whidbey. And look forward to some of those F/A-18 buzzes to turn into F/A-35 and possibly F/A-22s when they go further into service.
Of course, I�ll be seeing my very own Viper possibly in the future.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've seen pretty much EVERYTHING at Edwards AFB in California. I've posted a link to my photos in another thread.....see if I can find it.....here it is........
Just about everything for a 2 seat A-10 to the F-18 Superhornet and JSF. Lots of great pictures there. Help yourself to them. It took me 10 years to get them together. I will be posting more as soon as I get them scanned. Some are fakes....you can probably figure out whoch ones. If not, just ask.

pg.photos.yahoo.com...@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
In my past tenure in the Air Force, I have been graced to have flown in:
* a F-15
* a F-16
* a Buff: B-52
* a KC-135 refueler
* a C-130 Hercules, on multiple of occasions
* a Starlifter, also on multiple of occasions
* a UH-1 Huey, ditto as above
* a Blackhawk, ditto as above
* a CH and HH-3, ditto as above

I have seen most everything else (U.S. wise), either by way of a variety of museums and airfields.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I've seen two f111 advarks fly over my house at low altitude and very high speed.

Ive also seen a c-130j at low altitude

top topics

join