It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

first look(pic) of ghostbusters 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
im stoked about this

i know people are already ragging on it but i think it is gonna be cool

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Blasphemous or not, it has Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig in it.

It will be funny.

I will be watching it.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Anything with Melissa McCarthy is worth a watch.

What's the odds on a Bill Murray cameo as well...

He and Melissa were in a film together recently I think.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Melissa Mcarthy is the least funny person on this planet, her comedy revolves around being fat, obnoxious, loud. Not that there is anything wrong with being fat, but lowering yourself to such a standard by mocking and allowing yourself to be mocked like some sort of clown in front of millions isn't funny, in my opinion.

For that reason i won't be paying to watch it, i'd pay for her to be taken away and not make any more 'comedy'. Kristen Wiig on the other hand is quite funny, her deadpan is spot on.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
im stoked about this

i know people are already ragging on it but i think it is gonna be cool

I'm pretty stoked on this too OP. I was a fan of McCarthy and Wiig already but after seeing McKinnon and Jones on Saturday Night Live, I'm ultrasupercrazy pumped for this movie now.

Actually, I have a HUGE crush on McKinnon so I would pretty much watch her eat mud and be happy.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

They filmed or are filming in back of my building.....with that said I'm not fond of four women playing the lead roles...seems very forced...trying to score browny points and look socially hip....stupid move...

Let me take a leap and say that they will stereotype the African American comedian to add some urban edge to it...I would be surprised if she was the scientist but why do that...not believable enough for Hollywood and America?

And for the record big fans of McCarthy and Wigg but I would not expect Bridesmaids 2 to include an all men leading cast...entirely possible today but it just would not work..

edit on 11-7-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...

Ernie Hudson Interview at 68...color his hair a bit darker and he has not aged a bit...lucky bastard...
edit on 11-7-2015 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have very mixed feelings about this. GB was a huge part of my childhood. I know a remak with the original cast is out of the question, so part of me would be fine with leaving it at GB 2. Though, I will probably watch this eventually.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

And for the record big fans of McCarthy and Wigg but I would not expect Bridesmaids 2 to include an all men leading cast...entirely possible today but it just would not work..

Aren't The Hangover movies the all male Bridemaids?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Missing the point...It's not called Bridesmaids...it's call The Hangover...if they changed this to GhostGirls no issue here...but it's not....

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's going to be a horrible movie --you can just tell.

I predict it'll even be worse than the 2nd movie.

They should just leave it all alone.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OneNationUnder

You can tell by pictures? There hasn't even been a trailer released for it yet and you're already claiming it is going to suck.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Missing the point...It's not called Bridesmaids...it's call The Hangover...if they changed this to GhostGirls no issue here...but it's not....

Even if they decided to do a non-Ghostbusters movie like "GhostGirls", as you suggested, don't you think the media and audiences would associate it to Ghostbusters regardless? The media would probably even have headlines like "The All Female Ghostbusters movie GhostGirls released this Friday" or reviews "GhostGirls is just Ghostbusters but with women" and etc etc.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope.

Who's brilliant idea was it to mess with the Ghostbusters franchise like this? Just NO. Not everything can survive a reboot attempt, and this definitely reads like it's an outright stinker thus far judging by the cast.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yet another treasured part of my childhood ruined. Thanks, Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
Yet another treasured part of my childhood ruined. Thanks, Hollywood.

If someone reboots Spaceballs, there will be nerd blood. It's like repainting the Mona Lisa to make her prettier, it ruins the nostalgia of the original.

Enough with the reboots of everything under the sun.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dan Aykroyd is delighted and that's good enough for me. He is the one who has fought for this to continue. Bill Murray just kept refusing scripts and saying no.

edit on 11-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Im not sure how i feel about it yet. I grew up on the original ghost busters and teenage mutant ninja turtles. But the kids will most likely end up wanting to see it.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I see your shwartz is as big as mine....

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hollywood makes the same sh•t over and over and sometimes in sequels. Trash.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

ill be watching it

you guys want to talk about ruined movies from childhood.

big trouble in little china is in pre production with the rock signed on as jack burton

top topics

<<   2 >>

join