It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Didn't Get Gay Married Today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
(with boy on his way)

CONGRATS!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HAZE3
The voice of the people has decided that my son can have a gay marriage and that it is okay. But ill be damned if I let a popular trend decide what is acceptable for my family.

So what would the outcome of a hypothetical scenario look like if your son informed you that he was in love with and wanted to marry another man? Not like you can stop another adult from doing what they want.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Got nothing to add, It has all been said already.........

S&F for an excellent rant.

Stay safe and all the best to you and the family........

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: HAZE3

My family unit, which consists of myself, my wife, and my daughter (with boy on his way), remains unaffected by this.

Right now it doesnt. Please hear me out as a fellow family man, the fall of america will come as a consequence of the destruction of the family unit. You and your wife's roles are so very important to the lives of your children. It could take generations for people to wake up to the cancer eating our communities. You understand that a couples love only grows with the birth of their own child. Thats a love same sex couples can never have. But a childs love for their father and mother is something that cant be extinguish, no matter how they are raised. I speak from personal experience.
I also work in a community with a heavy population of same sex attraction. I see first hand how it ruins society. A very confused group of people with no purpose. Broken families, and death. Death and violence all the time. The liberty of marriage doesnt fix this. It only lets them know that society accepts their dysfunctional state.

So pick apart my opinion, it doesnt change what is really happening, nor does it change what I say.

Marriage is between a husband and wife. And when done correctly, it blooms into true complete love. This is truth.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You understand that a couples love only grows with the birth of their own child.

Where do you get this crap? My love has grown for my husband for YEARS and we have no children. I suppose adoptive parents' love doesn't grow either?

I speak from personal experience.

You can speak about YOUR experience, but you cannot "assign" your experience to everyone else.

Marriage is between a husband and wife. And when done correctly, it blooms into true complete love. This is truth.

That is OPINION. Not Truth.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You do understand that we can still Reproduce right?

Besides adoption we can have Surrogate mothers, using our own Sperm so yes it would still be our DNA. whats the difference between a Non-GLBTQ+ person?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Here are some families. Let's see just how much death and violence is happening with these families. Let's see if they have no purpose.

www.theguardian.com...

www.today.com...

www.register-herald.com...

www.theledger.com...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that the people who abandoned these kids adopted by gay couples.... were straight. Yes, that's right - heterosexual people having children, then abandoning or abusing them. That's true complete love, for ya. Riiiiiiiight. Thank God these wonderful gay couples were willing to take in and raise these broken children.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

by THOSE CHRISTIANS...you mean when I mentioned the FUNDIES specifically and never once said ALL Christians?

Man you are real jumpy my friend

My quote:

"Why not the thousand other personal and moral crimes and sins brought on by hetero people? So me having sex with a guy will be what destroys society? Not the rampant hatred and destruction of the economy while fat cats sit on their thrones with millions in the bank and laugh? Not the chronic divorce rate, spousal abuse, rape, murder, infidelity, lying and cheating that have been brought about by hetero people?"

HETERO people....did not say Christian hetero
rampant hatred and economy destruction by the fat cats...did not say Christian fat cats

etc...

I have to wonder if you are so quick to take offense when I spoke of a specific group...you know...fundies...what I said in the beginning...then I guess maybe you have some inner knowledge that Christians really are that bad and you in turn are projecting because I attempted to call out one group and you realized that all Christians are that way

Oh wait...nvm...I am pretty sure you knew exactly what I meant...

But allow me to comfort you. No, not all Christians are bad. Heck many truly believe that gay rights/equality is a must for society. And yes I truly mean what I just said

WHICH IS WHY I SAID FUNDIES...

yeesh

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

BWAHAHA!

Ok that was funny....made me lol....or rather lqtm

Canada has had gay marriage for a decade...world seems to be in the same place

But on a serious note. IF...and I am stretching...but IF we were to assume that you are correct...then here is what I see

Condition: The world will be destroyed in ten years due to family decay (making up a time frame for purposes of argument)

Problem: Gays are legally able to wed, bringing about said destruction

Ignorance: It has been legalized for quite some time in many other countries...world is fine (well so to speak...it isn't largely worse). But again let's pretend this assumption is right. Then I ask again WHY is it just about LGBT? What about the other cardinal sins that god-fearing christians break every single day...in the millions? Christians who have affairs...lie, cheat, steal, abuse, assault, rape, murder, etc. Those are all sins and have been going on for eons from so-called christians. But again as I said before...Why is it this specific "problem?"

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Put two guys in a room and lets see how many offspring they can produce.

Who wants families to break to the point that children need to be adopted? Why dont we strengthen the families and prevent most adoptions in the first place? Because we dont value family. We think we have the power to fix something that should have been prevented.

I dont mean to come off blunt or hateful. There are lgbt who put off sexual orientation for something greater than sex preference. They have traditional families and dont need surrogate mothers to give them beautiful children. They lead happy lives.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

BWAHAHA!

Ok that was funny....made me lol....or rather lqtm

Canada has had gay marriage for a decade...world seems to be in the same place

But on a serious note. IF...and I am stretching...but IF we were to assume that you are correct...then here is what I see

Condition: The world will be destroyed in ten years due to family decay (making up a time frame for purposes of argument)

Problem: Gays are legally able to wed, bringing about said destruction

Ignorance: It has been legalized for quite some time in many other countries...world is fine (well so to speak...it isn't largely worse). But again let's pretend this assumption is right. Then I ask again WHY is it just about LGBT? What about the other cardinal sins that god-fearing christians break every single day...in the millions? Christians who have affairs...lie, cheat, steal, abuse, assault, rape, murder, etc. Those are all sins and have been going on for eons from so-called christians. But again as I said before...Why is it this specific "problem?"

Read my posts again. It isnt just lgbt.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Put a Barren Woman and a Sterile Man in a room together see how much they reproduce...

you don't just "Put Off" sexual Orientation, i'm sure there are people who pretend they are not GLBTQ+ and live their life as a lie, but how is that making a "Traditional Family" how is that being a good parent when the entire time you are living a lie and forcing yourself to pretend you can be "Heterosexual"

Does a straight Christian Man who cheats on his Wife have a "Traditional Family Value"?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

what someone does, doesn't represent everyone

Ill still put my money on the barren woman and sterile man

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

You would bet that a Sterile Man and Barren Woman would reproduce...

Ok, maybe you're missing my main point, a Family can be a Family regardless of Race,Gender or Sexual Orientation..

Are the Duggers a good representation of "Family Values"? they keep reproducing...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I noticed you ignored my post. Too much truth for ya? Ruin your argument? So sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Who wants families to break to the point that children need to be adopted? Why dont we strengthen the families and prevent most adoptions in the first place? Because we dont value family. We think we have the power to fix something that should have been prevented.

You know what is funny? I never see Christian protestors outside of divorce lawyer offices with signs denouncing their work even though they literally make money off the so-called destruction of a family unit. Where are yours and your ilk's threads on divorce here at ATS?

It is just easier to blame the LGBTQ+ community, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

And not just reproducing..............

Great family values...........

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I know im not going to get popularity points for this but here you go.

www.lds.org...

Go ahead. Hate on me

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I noticed you ignored my post. Too much truth for ya? Ruin your argument? So sorry.

And you seem to ignore the fact that I dont want to argue. But im sure what you have to say is very compelling.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I don't hate you for being a Mormon (if you are) or just sharing the Mormon Belief?

See, some of use understand love, and some of us understand hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join