It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Didn't Get Gay Married Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's been a some time now since the SCOTUS ruled that gays can obtain a recognized license from any state in the Union thanks to that evil equal protection clause that the anti-gay folks really hate.

In that time I have not been forced out of my heterosexual marriage. My wife and I still love each other despite this ruling. Our little girl is still into princesses, and seems normal. To top it off I have not been kidnapped by a group of rabid gay men and forced to get gay married...I'm still a conservative, still own guns and work on manly mechanical stuff.

Today I even went out to my local Kansas college district, hung out at a trendy liberal coffeehouse, and still didnt develop a taste for the phallus, nor did I buy a Streisand album. The sky didn't burst into a torrent of rainbows and Chippendale's dancers waving penises in my face.

I'm still me. I'm still a straight dude who loves his wife and kids. I'm still a soldier serving in the US Army, along side of gay Americans who love this country as much as I do.

Nothing changed. Other than we are a little less compartmentalized in the eyes of the law. To me it is a victory for liberty.
edit on pSat, 11 Jul 2015 14:11:25 -0500201511America/Chicago2015-07-11T14:11:25-05:0031vx7 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sorry for the keyboard errors..

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The weekend is still young, so don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

Also, Obama wants your guns.

Jade Helm.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Yep. 99% of the straight population isn't going to notice one thing different about their lives over this. But it will make some gay couples' lives a LOT better.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
But did you get a Cake though

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
But did you get a Cake though

My wife made brownies..

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That's funny. I was in the Army, I also support freedom, AND I too havn't gotten gay married.. In fact, I've been having a gay ole time being straight lately. Of course my State is being crazy stupid. Trying to say people in government don't have to marry people if it goes against their religious views.. Basically saying religion has a place in our state government and they can disobey the law.. The heck?!

I enjoyed your OP.
Let Freedom Reign. More like Fight for it.

edit on 11-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Fear not for the day is young. Just keep trying and I'm sure you can develop a taste for it.a reply to: projectvxn

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Delicious!..

gotta ask "Brownies or Blondies"?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

Bro, I drive a Prius...I'm pretty sure at this point.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well said Brother, and you have way more energy than I do to pen such an eloquent, delightfully acerbic, lengthy post.

Nothing's changed for people like us, because we are live and let live kind of folks.

But uptight bigots, who all chant the exact same rhetoric .." I'm not a Bigot, but...." well this torques their shorts to the max, even though nothing has changed in their lives either. I guess it's just the idea that for some reason they don't believe in equal rights for all people.

I purposely stay out of these endless forays into the dangers of giving all people the same rights. My God what next, can I marry my dog?

Because like Larry the Cable guys says: "You can't fix stupid." and hey Larry, you can't fix a lot of other stuff neither.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Ummm....What?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Have you never had a Blondie?

en.wikipedia.org...(confection)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

A brownie without chocolate? You have just found something we should ban.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Seriously they're amazing.

Loved your rant

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Oh I still love Blondie. (well who could pass that up)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

first rapper ever

I had to

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero
a reply to: Hidinout

first rapper ever

I had to

One of the first white rappers for sure!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Today I even went out to my local Kansas college district, hung out at a trendy liberal coffeehouse,

Just so you know, straight men don't go to liberal coffeehouses. (just sayin)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

One of the most well written rants I've read recently. Funny, honest and relatable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join