It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Star Wars' fans just got floored with a colossal surprise video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Ok, I'll admit it, I'm a Star Wars nerd! The more I see of this new movie, the more excited I get for its potential to be great.

It’s the moment everyone who attending this year’s San Diego Comic-Con was waiting for — The “Star Wars” panel.
And it didn’t disappoint.

“The Force Awakens” director J.J. Abrams came with a lot of surprises up his sleeve. From bringing out cast members ranging from the new breed like John Boyega, Adam Drive, Oscar Isaac, Gwendoline Christie, and Daisy Ridley to the legends from the original trilogy returning for the upcoming film like Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford.

Abrams even invited all of the six thousand-plus in attendance at Hall H to come join him to a “Star Wars” concert.

But the biggest highlight was the behind-the-scenes video package Abrams showed to the audience. And thank God for the Internet, because it’s already gone online.

And it is VERY revealing.

Abrams is going back to the pre-CGI "Star Wars" glory days and using a lot of practical effects. As you can see with this character featured in the video.

There's a video included but I'm on a MAC and I don't know how to copy/upload video on a MAC. Forgive me, ATS! Anyway, check it out!

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Saw it. Loved it.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I must say as a Star Wars fan, I have faith this will be a good movie. The biggest problems with the prequels is the use of too much CGI. In Star Wars 7, it appears they use CGI mixed with practical effects which is a big improvement.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

The cgi didn't bother me that much. Nor did the fact that everything is shiny and new, which makes sense because it was before the empire took hold and militarized everything. My issue with the prequels is that I felt the story was rushed towards the end. Anakin switched to the dark side WAY too fast IMO. Would have preferred a slow turn to the dark side.
edit on 11-7-2015 by Autorico because: spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

The cgi didn't bother me that much. Nor did the fact that everything is shiny and new, which makes sense because it was before the empire took hold and militarized everything. My issue with the prequels is that I felt the story was rushed towards the end. Anakin switched to the dark side WAY too fast IMO. Would have preferred a slow turn to the dark side.

I would like to have seen some more angst over the consequences of impulsive actions (a number of "what have I done" moments) and an inescapable inevitability about Anakin's path to Vader.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
Good to see the fans are liking the trailer.
I am not going to watch it though,I will wait for the full movie.
I don't want the trailer to spoil it or give me ideas.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Teaser 2

Awesome, can't wait!
Star Wars Channel with Teaser Trailer on Youtube

edit on 11/7/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My 4-year-old said, "Let's watch that again ..."

My husband said, "Giggity."

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Looks like Star Wars is the theme this coming Christmas. Two Star Wars games are being released right before the holiday season also.
Battle front 3 is releasing a month before the movie to help get the force flowing.

Battlefront 3

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire

Awesome Sauce!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Looks like Star Wars is the theme this coming Christmas. Two Star Wars games are being released right before the holiday season also.
Battle front 3 is releasing a month before the movie to help get the force flowing.

Battlefront 3

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Knights of the Fallen Empire

Awesome Sauce!

I wish I had a playstation now.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

When we were proofing through the Get Pop-Cultured events, stores were not allowed to work in conjunction with the local 501st Legion groups like they did last year on Star Wars day because Star Wars didn't want brand over-saturation before Christmas or something.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The cgi was over used but what killed me was the terrible acting! God bless the old Star Wars crew coming back for the new movies!

God I've missed them!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is frickin' ridiculous. I'm a grown ass man...why the hell am I tearing up!!!???

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Nostalgia.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm glad they went back to using more practical effects (real models, sets, ect).

Also, it doesn't look (from what I can tell) "over the top". The over-the-top scenes in episodes I-III really bothered me. Ship battles weren't so complex in the original trilogy, fight scenes weren't so ... hyper-ninja either.

Everything moved way to fluid because of the CGI. This is why I hated The Hobbit movies. We go from seeing elves fight in LOTR like more agile humans to seeing them behave like ninjas on drugs.

Personally, CGI should be applied lightly, like a fine layer of makeup -- artfully done here and there.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Nostalgia

Yeah...

Star Wars was the first film I ever saw that wasn't so "real life". When I saw it as a kid, was just eye-opening. Just mind-blowing really. I think a lot of the younger generations just can't comprehend that, that these kinds of movies simply didn't exist before it. Now, they are commonplace, but then....it was completely unique and ground-breaking.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

My kids had the same sort of reaction when the Avatar movie came out and it was in 3D.

They were blown away much like I was in the 70's and 80's.

~Tenth

top topics

join