It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cannibalism in a disaster situation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I genuinely laughed out lout, it was an excellent comeback.

It was on topic as well because in the same way I've said I'd eat strangers before friends, I'd eat prick strangers first.
I of course assist people in considering I am a prick at times through my bluntness at times.
I am sure there are a few people who would eat me first

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

No, i would not hunt and murder other people as 'game'. But if those people were attacking my camp, stealing my supplies or otherwise being a direct threat and were killed during their attack...then they'd become jerky drying in a smoke system quite rapidly methinks.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'd eat strangers before friends

They will always be someone else's loved one.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

...not mine though.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Let's not forget that as recently as the Victorian era, people went through something of a fad for eating powdered mummified remains as a tonic no less...the Victorians didn't seem to mind eating Human remains when their lives didn't depend on it, so why would we be so squeamish if our lives did depend on it?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
From what I remember reading about cannibalism in ancient times, when times were hard the children were likely to be eaten first.

It makes sense - they're small, defenseless and less help to the group's survival.

If you have a doctor or decent hunter in your group (as well as some kids) and there are no other people around, who are you willing to sacrifice to keep yourselves alive for a few more days?

edit on 11-7-2015 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i would definately eat people if there was no alternative. as long as i had some way to cook it....lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

It makes sense - they're small, defenseless and less help to the group's survival.

and tender too, not all stringy and tough . mmm roast long piglet.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Plan ahead and you won't have to eat humans.

well
my plan in that situation is to eat humans if i cant find animals.
probably start with my neighbor. he is pretty beefy and i dont really like him

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: Mugly

You don't say if you would murder the people or eat those already dead?

Personally I think meat eaters should consider all of the meat equal, but if you feel so special as to take the life away from another person or their loved ones to save your own I would wish you dead.

Personally I know we all die and as I remember two previous lives in detail and one other a bit, I know it makes a difference what we do. I would die rather then eat people to get another short bit of this life.

oh i would kill people...not just eat people that are already dead

in all honestly, i think killing someone would be far easier for me than eating someone
cant say for sure but thats what im thinking

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

i would probably feel bad about the kids so they would be low on the list but higher up than the doc.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

...not mine though.

Dang after your holding hands thread whew!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

Personally I think meat eaters should consider all of the meat equal, but if you feel so special as to take the life away from another person or their loved ones to save your own I would wish you dead.

Personally I know we all die and as I remember two previous lives in detail and one other a bit, I know it makes a difference what we do. I would die rather then eat people to get another short bit of this life.

in all honestly, i think killing someone would be far easier for me than eating someone

I'm thinking maybe your neighbor don't like you either beefy or not maybe he will get you first

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

The real problem is there are probably a lot of people like you out there, so for survival it is best to isolate and not make groups IMO.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

anything is possible but i seriously doubt that.

my thought processes/morals are pretty demented as it is.
i cant imagine it would get better in a disaster.

i think i would have a certain willingness that most would not...that does not mean i want to eat people. it just means that i think i could do it with very little difficulty.
i would give it a good go trying to scout around for little animals i could take out but if im not having much luck with the quickness and there are some humans around....well, goodbye to them

i would probably hold out on killing someone to eat them a little longer if i was the only one hungry but as soon as my wife or daughter started suffering, id be taking people out.
anything so they dont have to suffer.

i dont care about much or many people in this world...they are it for me

again, could be wrong

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Pretty scary with your particular avatar.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I would rather someone kill me quickly and painlessly (preferably), and offer myself up for grub. I have nice ham hocks and decent rump roast-plenty to feed quite a few. I don't want to live if it requires me eating a fellow human being.

Frankly, I'm not to interested in food anymore, and much of it makes me feel sick.
It's not that I'm not a strong person with a sense of survival, but it's more about quality of life rather than quantity.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
proteins are proteins if you need it to survive ...eat it!
cow/ goath / chicken / human..wats the difference ?
meat is meat
we are farming humans now for creating money...wat will happens when we are forced to farming humans for food?
edit on 11-7-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You don't want to eat the brains or spinal cord. That's how you get the prions.
Other than that, get some hot sauce and pretend it's pork.
Meat's meat and a man's got to eat.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It would depend on one thing..hope, is there any? if it's just going to be eating people for the rest of it I think I will gracefully bow out..at some point your going to have to hunt people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join