It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's drone policy is all exceptions and no rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The Obama administration is again allowing the CIA to use drone strikes to secretly kill people that the spy agency does not know the identities of in multiple countries - despite repeated statements to the contrary. Apparently the drone operators didn't even know at the time who they were aiming at - only that they thought the target was possibly a terrorist hideout. It's what's known as a "signature" strike. Signature strikes has led to scores of civilians being killed over the past decade, including two completely innocent hostages ... one of whom was a US citizen ... less than two months ago. It's a way of killing that's been roundly condemned by human rights organizations and that some members of Congress have tried to outlaw. Here's how the New York Times described it: "The joke was that when the CIA sees "three guys doing jumping jacks," the agency thinks it is a terrorist training camp, said one senior official. Men loading a truck with fertilizer could be bombmakers – but they might also be farmers." It has become increasingly clear that the "rules" are virtually meaningless. As is typical with the US government's extrajudicial killing policy, there was no public debate about any of the changes to the supposed rules, or even announcement that they ever changed - only an unofficial leak to a journalist after the latest killing. Beyond the enormous human rights consequences related to such a dangerous policy, these types of strikes backfire on the United States, sowing hatred in the populations of bombed countries and breeding sympathy for al-Qaida where there was none before.

Link

I believe the next step with drones will be the use of tactical nuclear weapons either by us or by the terrorist. Soon they will have their own drones.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
and according to the latest Terminator film, Skynet becomes officially aware in 2017.

Seriously though check this out, one of the best docs you'll see and this is just the last part of it.

Metanoia Films -Counter Intelligence - Part 5 - Drone Nation

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
On my research a few months back I found that Waziristan in Pakistan is the most heavily droned area globally.

I think it's a focal point for Tehrik-I-Taliban fortresses and hideouts...

But as your link said, they can target anyone they like and play the hero card.

We're not going to know if granny Fatima in Waziristan was a top henchman for a terror cell...

Or if a top henchman from a terror cell is really little 7 yr old Ahmed...

It's a disgusting ethnic cleansing policy with next to no oversight.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Weaponized drones has turned real murder into a f-ing video game. Some things should NEVER be built.

Our leaders are psychopaths with no concern for human life and no remorse for genocide in the middle east.

When will these people be arrested for international war crimes. I sit here everyday and watch a woman who laughed at Gaddafi's death, after playing a major role in an illegal violation of international law, run for president.

How are these people free, let alone running for president? The ignorance, arrogance, and complacency of the American public defies all logical explanation.
edit on 11-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Have they hit any wedding parties yet? That converts the most people at one time.

Whats the new terror organization going to be called, any ideas?

We need something ominous sounding, one that justifies making Pakistan the new victim in a whole new round of war. Probably after Hellfire Hillary gets elected, but who knows?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Crimes against Humanity and the intentional killing of innocents...sounds like what Sadam Hussein did.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Obviously theres a frontline, a line being drawn in the sand. Most likely protecting US supply lines to Afghanistan in the south…

map of strikes

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

And sadly the only people with the power to impeach barry over this drone program agree with it

new topics

top topics

join