It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please help with xbox question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Is the dude you are referring to working at an electronics store...or some dude from Craigslist? If the latter is the choice, then the guy has a messed up console that he wants to get rid of FAST

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

it was the dude at the counter of the used game/movie spot.
like a game stop

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

As a PS4 owner, I would suggest the XBox One, simply because they are going to have backwards compatibility in a few months so you will be able to play most 360 games on it. Sony is dragging their heals with backwards comp because they want people to buy into their stupid Playstation Now streaming game service. I would much rather have backwards comp.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I used to game a ton, lately not so much. I did see a video about an upcoming game for ps4 called "No man's Sky" that looks epic. An entire Universe to explore, literally an entire universe. Each planet "evolves" on it's own, and since you save the game to your harddrive there is no wait time to load the next scene. Remember on ps2 how long you had to wait when you moved to a different area on the map? I promise that even as unlikely as it is that it would take an hour for the inital download, that hour will be much less that the time you will spend just loading between levels. Remember, it only downloads once, so after that pop in the disc and game on.

As far as memeory goes, I bought a Last of Us bundle PS4 for my boys which is the basic unit and they have a bunch of games and even more DLC(downloadable content) and nowhere near worried about space. It is awesome, fast, renders beautifully, looks amazing, and works everytime you turn it on. Even Sony's advancements in the controller area are really cool (look into the new dualshock, it's really next level.). Even PC gamers have to admit how capable the PS4 really is. Some pc gamers are still not able to llay the new MortalKombat, while my kids are already playing with Predator(having an untested 12 man team doing the PC conversion work might be a factor here.).

Though we all grew up xbox fans even my boys say go with the PS4.

If you go last generation go 360, no question. If you have some tech skills or know someone who does, they can be modded very easy. We still have our jtagged 360, which allows us to save and play games from the hardrive(and you can use almost any harddrive we pulled ours from a broken laptop.). Basically you put the game in one time and never need the disc again. Redbox was very popular for us. The latest games all for a 2$ rental fee was nice for my pocketbook.

My biggest complaint with the new system is the cost. Not only are games 60$ but on the release date developers already have DLC waiting, thats another 25$ for a Season Pass, then 5$ for the new character I kind of miss the days that when you bought a game you actually got the whole game.

anyways that's my two cents I hope I could be helpful with your decision making process.
edit on 11-7-2015 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

The "Now" thing is pretty cool, but my son decided to not continue it after the trial. 130 games for 10$ seems pretty good, his only complaint was it was a bit laggy, and he is a snob about "old" games.

What Sony is betting on is the trend of "remastering" all of the great titles of the past. The unit I bought was preloaded with "The Last of Us Remastered". "Why let people buy a used game for 6$ when we can make 'em buy it again for 60$?!"

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
thanks for all the help but i am not doing it at all.
just went to game stop.
they had a 360 for $115 but only a 4 gig flash memory.
got to talking with the guy and he filled me in that a lot of the games are hard drive required. says on the box.

so the 250 gig was $159. then the extra controller was $30 and it came with no games.
the marvel vs dc i was talking about was there used for $18.

so in the end i would be at like $210 and only have a single game to play....
hell no.

i thought about getting a wii. those games are more the stuff i like to play but i am not playing with that dumb ass remote thing. the dude at the counter says i can use a controller for game cube. i dont trust it so i look it up when i get home and you can only play some of the games with that controller.

i have to say all this video game stuff is a bunch of crap.
to play certain games you have to have this or have to have that. only get a single controller.

it would be so nice if you bought a system that came with 2 controllers and then you just put the game in and played. nice and simple.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
im just gonna grab a wii i guess.

found one on craigslist that is the wii, 12 games, 4 remotes, a gun, steering wheel, microphone, and all the cords.
they wanted 80 bucks but they said yes to 60.
thats a good deal

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
well i bought a wii and i have to say it is the dumbest damn thing ever.
got a bunch of game and the wii mote controller thing sucks ass for all of them.

trying to play mortal kombat and you have to have the wii mote in one hand and the nunchuck thing in the other.
the controls are not responsive at all unless of course you are on a menu screen then it is too damn touchy to even use.

i got a bunch of stuff for 60 bucks and i dont like any of it

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Check pawn shops for 360s,
you might get a better deal.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
360, PS3 and XBONE all take a while to install initially. PS4's a lot quicker. 360 and ps3 load some of the game some of the time, as when needed. PS4 and XBONE only use the disc as a purchase validation method, there is no difference between downloading a game and buying the disc with these new systems, the disc uploads the entire game at once. It does take a while depending on the game.

I prefer playstion, simply because online is free. Although on PS4 you have to be a PS+ member which is only $50/yr. Still a hell of a lot cheaper than xboxlive.

SONY FANBOY ALERT SONY FANBOY ALERT!! (joking joking i like both systems no meanness intended)

X box 1 now allows backwards compat for the x box 360 games. PS4 charges you to play games you already own and then you cant use the disk either. Also for the 10 more bucks you get a more secure and reliable network than Sonys. SOnys been hacked more than X box live. Also your game works OFFLINE if you have a DISK so its nto just a "verification" method.

Remember they STOPPED the "always online" for most of the XB1 games. Stop giving the OP biased and one sides info.

PERSONALLY i like BOTH SYSTEMS and both have exclusives that the other wont have. OP get to a proper games store where they KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. Then make a decision.

edit on 15000000ppam by yuppa because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join