It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Overpopulation Solution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

The Overpopulation Solution

Sure no worries, who are you going to start on first, Whites, Blacks, Asians, the poor? Are the rich and the billionaires going to be done to> What are you going to do if they think they should be exempted? What about politicians and social commentators.

Are you going to start in the US first? Europe, Asia, Africa? in which order

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
OP:
It's obvious that since your parents never had kids, you certainly won't.
Or shouldn't.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: superman2012

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: superman2012
Good thing it isn't a problem.

Sad thing that's just an opinion.

Until its proven otherwise, with science instead of opinion, it isn't a problem. Overpopulation is just an opinion.

What about the sixth mass extinction isn't scientific proof?

www.washingtonpost.com...

...Scientists specifically mention and confirm overpopulation. Sorry :/

Where?
If this is about human beings and there destructive tendencies with little to no regard for the environment around them, I can get on board with that. Too many humans to be able to sustain themselves? Nope.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Not sure where to begin with this one really but here goes...

- I find it disturbing that some higher power should be able to dictate when and if a person can exercise one of their most basic rights to bear a child

- Others should not have to pay for the poverty and damage caused by the greed and overconsumption of some by having this choice taken away

- It is wrong to force people into your narrow view of what a family should be in order that they might obtain their licence to reproduce

- Personally I prefer to see the crazy amounts of money such a scheme would cost invested in education and contraception so that folk can make their own informed choice

- It is wrong to make this procedure/treatment (that is likely to have side effects, unknown long term effects and the chance of irreversible damage if things go wrong) mandatory

- Creation of a black market for reversals is inevitable, safe reversals outside of marriage may become a privilege of the rich

- We have no idea what the outcome of sterilising a whole generation from birth and throughout development could be

- Opens the door for more selective sterilisation/reversal and eugenics

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good post OP, i support the idea.
Tbh it's more humane and logical than what the government would do given the opportunity, in regards to fixing this problem.

Over population is most certainly a problem, just as much as misuse of recourses.
I believe it's safe to say both are big issues.
Sadly I don't see any realistic solution to either problem happening anytime soon.

As long as those in power are happy with their lives and know that these issues aswell as other's wont effect them during their life time. I don't see them giving a flying fuzz.
Once again, it all comes down to greed and selfishness. The 2 most common human traits.

Got to love the world we live in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join