It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Overpopulation Solution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
You and your traditional values can go take a hike.

I live in a state that’s trying to get rid of marriage licenses. So if this were to play out, what about people like me who wouldn’t be able to produce a marriage license to have a child? Another thing, there are women who would prefer to raise there child/children on their own. So are you saying that a woman or a man wouldn’t be able to make that choice according to your idea? I don’t have any kids, but I have thought about raising my future child by myself so I wouldn’t have to deal with some guy not wanting to deal with his responsibilities. And if I were to have child I wouldn't let their right to reproduce be taken away.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:36 AM
Everything is economical in our world, without money nothing can be done and if there is no economic growth there is no '''progress'', less people means less economical growth.
And yes we need something like population reduction (not because there isn't enough place for all those people but because the planet can't sustain us. But since everything is basically economics and science (science becoming the new religion basically) and not about making this place a better place so that things can be in balance in such a way this planet can support us for a very long time. Science mostly also serves economics, if there ain't money to make with it it's considered basically a failed science most often.
But yes sadly we are heading to a mass extinction from us and most species on this planet. I do think we will survive but most will die surely.. good thing we should have learned our lesson then although time could even erase such grave mistake made by us people.
edit on 11-7-2015 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:41 AM
a reply to: rexsblues

See...We always could have done this...but the overall idea you present borders ridiculousness, and considerations you aren't even presenting....

Im guessing youre probably younger without a few decades of understanding how the world of differences works...nor that it would be nearly impossible for the entire world to comply...let alone agree with it...nor let it happen.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
I agree.

In nature, despite what was once believed about lemmings, an overpopulation will corrode.

Disease, natural predator, or even a mental illness. No matter what you try to do to preserve life its numbers will eventually dwindle. And it just might happen all at once.

Our nation is coming up with more strict laws against doing anything with natural resources. That is.... until we learn how to gather new resources.

The number of human beings on this earth being born almost every 15 minutes somewhere on this planet only means what is left now has to be divided. Any human who denies doing anything as stated in the op will only become victims of their own minds. They will be the devils, no matter how righteous they think they are.

Culling our numbers will only allow chaos to take over. War isn't producing the right numbers until someone rises above and starts a "revolution." You either get with the revolution, or you are against it. Problem is most revolutions now are being privately funded by an unknown source. Even ISIS isn't real. Everything on this earth is controlled by money. And just admit that if you were given enough money to just waste it on a space shuttle you totally would accept the money. Moral obligations will be targeted. This is the only reason why religion is needed.

I know my thought process and my words as they are typed make no sense but it is only because my understanding is hard to portray to other people. And the answer, being so simple... has become complex. Only because mixed opinions will come about the answers that I have.

There was a book. In fact a childrens book that talks about a planet of people that took over other planets to keep surviving. But how did they begin to do this? Where did the technology come from?

Instead of being stuck on one planet they decided to make a new one. Only difference is that they destroyed the first one. But with as many people as it would take to kill a planet they left out one key idea. Individuality.

Each and every person has different sets of morals, ideas, senses, desires, and answers.

The only way to keep our survival up?

Have we ever considered catching an asteroid?

The numder of people on this planet is just too many. How much in resources do we use globally? If everything on this planet consumes something else.... how long before we use it all? How much left is actually usable?

Penn and teller touched on many different areas of this in their series of bull#. From water to trash, and recycling to religious figures. I don't care what your opinion is on their show because at least they came up with the means to find an answer on some of the most controversial topics.

But I really do question how much resources we have left before we all kill ourselves?

The population of this planet is a constant concern. But what if we started to catch asteroids? In an attempt to gain more resources and possibly replenish the earth with essential minerals?

We keep saying this to ourselves as we get older and have more children. How can we make this a better place to live?

This earth, I believe has a small amount of resources left. And we have polluted a lot of it. There are trash islands floating about in our seas as well as oil spills. We are fracking across the us. It makes me wonder if what was shown in the video game ratchet and clank will happen. The first ratchet and clank game on ps2.

So again.... does catching an asteroid make sense?

We need to be bringing in more resources. We have been using too much and the way we produce them is in such a manner that it destroys its bare essentials. We create byproducts of everything on this earth... those byproducts are unusuable because no one knows what to do with them. We tried putting them in toys to find out it causes an adverse set of reactions to anyone. kt is true we are simply using too much. And only the foolish will continue to rape the earth of it until we face a mass extinction.

So again.... catching asteroids. Why won't our governments tell us the truth? Why is knowledge so expensive? Don't people want to survive?

My biggest question is how much cubic feet of this planet does the average human being need to live for 100 years?

Think about all the fruits, veggies, meat, metals, and construction material a single human being needs just to survive. Think about housing, tools, jobs, materialistic behavior, creativity. Everything. How much cubic feet does a single human being need to live for 100 years. This is a new question that I have been asking myself now for the past 3 years. And the more I think of a possible answer.... the more I think we need to learn how to catch an asteroid.

This is the reason why we need to find out what minerals exist on each asteroid that comes near earth. Because we need to find out if it can be used on earth or not. Or if we do bring one in what type of bacteria or life can exist inside of the asteroid?

This is some thing we need to find out.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:53 AM
The problem with all this "over population" solution is simple.

In order to get everyone on the planet to comply, you'd need a one-world-government.

And if you had that, then there'd be no need to sterilize, because so many population centers would be destroyed and people dead because they would refuse a one-world-government.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:54 AM
There is no over population "problem". Every single thing here is done by design by both the mismanagement group at the top of this planet, AND their off planet overlords, primarily saturn/sirius b.

The population, its economic situation, every detail, how much radiation is in the environment, is all 100% arranged by them.

They never introduce to the world as a whole, the solutions or they wouldn't be in power, and as for the cosmic abuses, the more good we do here, the more the hero's can straighten all that out, because we empower the Good, instead of the bad.

ie. countries with high standards of living, including wages, medical services, and equality between the sexes, have birth rates that hover close to zero, and like Canada, and Japan, even dip below zero alot.

Countries that are disempowered, third world, raped for resources, people treated as fodder, have very high birth rates, due to their being no services. If you're a third world, rickshaw operator and there is no retirement for you, and most of your children die, then you have 7, so the 2 that survive to adulthood will look after you, should you live to be too old to do the work.

Other countries that do this are fundamental theocracies that encourage huge birth rates in a misguided attempt to overtake the world.

All the "problems" such as birth rates, fossil fuels, destruction of oceans, land, air, environment, energy, homelessness, poverty, ALL have been solved already, many times over. That they murdered many inventors of voices to the people, and forced this exploitation is not a problem, its a CRIME.

I'll link an older thread of mine:
No Matter What Your Politics, Why Is Anyone Living In Poverty?

Jist of this is, earthship homes, made of recycled bottles, tires, rammed earth style, with cement, but could be dirt, clay, hempstone, anything practically, laid out carefully for west, south type light for heating and cooling, with greenhouses as part of the house, creates its own energy from solar and wind, recycles its own water, and you can fish in your earthship. Aquaponics.

Now aquaponics is wonderful for replenishing nutrients, ie the soil is deficient for our big commercial crops, and as an example on 3 acres, they produce 10 000 fish and over a million pounds of produce, that would feed many city blocks.

There is no reason for every single person on earth to not be self sufficient, to have all the energy and food and home they need.

There is no reason for scarsity.

And a high standard of living, does away with the birth rate problem.

There are no problems, just crimes taking place.

Its being mismanaged deliberately.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:58 AM
Oh, and the pistol shrimp laughs at us, though some of the breakthroughs in solar, the cone shaped ones that rotate and produce 30 X more energy are good, but we don't actually need huge wind turbines.

Tiny little pistol shrimp produces the temperature of the stars, the sun's corona in a small bubble. Its called cavitation. Basically its friction or sound/hz, that forces the molecules to release their energy.

It could empower for next to nothing the entire earth.

In those conditions, you wouldn't even need to entice people to stop having babies or getting fixed. I have 5 boys, but in Canada, 40% of women on all their polls and statistics, don't want any children. They want to enjoy their lives instead.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM

Aren't they already doing this with endococrines and endocrine mimmikers I'm the water table and water supply. Only problem is the third world countries and few like India have to catch up.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:17 AM

Just how would these values be instilled? Thousands of years of religion hasn't curbed the sex drive of humans. How do we get the entire world to adopt these values because honey if you can manage that you've solved all the world's problems. Not just population but religions too. Just get everybody to live by the same set of values. Should be easy peasy. As soon as we get everybody but the Muslims and Catholics sterilized that is.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:24 AM
Well, no matter how many of us there are, we will never inhabit more than maybe 30% of the planet. We might poison it, but we won't truly over populate it.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:19 PM
Ah, eugenics rears its ugly head again. If say we were to agree to such a proposal when the time comes to regenerate the population just who gets to choose who reproduces and who doesn't. Now I wonder who that will be?
Methinks someone has been reading those stoopid Georgia Stones again.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM

Has your plan given any thought to the useful hormones which are produced within the "sex glands"?
Simple little things like estrogen and testosterone have a large impact on the physical, mental, and emotional development in childern.
Of course, this may have been concidered and desired. You know a new world full of little 'butch" girls and lacey dressed boys.

Besides, just what do you think nuclear weapons were made for?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:26 PM

If the West died humanity would enter the mother of all dark ages and never return. Islam would rise to world prominence and there would be a millenia of brutal subjugation and death this planet has ever seen.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:58 PM
I had a thought occur to me -- I wonder how many pro-population reduction folks are also anti-birth control & anti-abortion, and how they reconcile those? I'd actually love to see a comparison graph for that and for those pro-population reduction & pro-choice to see how both sides fit in to this grand reduction idea.

You'd assume if one was all for a greatly reduced population, they'd see both birth control and abortions as a means to their end anyway, right? Just something to ponder & flesh out in terms of viable approaches versus hoping in one hand & pooing in the other to see which fills up faster.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:21 PM
Third world countries are the ones going out of control. The poorer the person the more likely they will have children. Look at countries like Northern Europe where they have negative population growth. Some religions encourage having lots of children.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:12 PM
We're running out of fresh water so we'd better stop populating, but we won't because conservatives would rather destroy the entire planet than except any limit on profiteering.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:33 PM
We are well beyond the point of population control. A drastic decrease in human populations would have a catastrophic effect on the global economy - our population depends on growth to simply survive. We would suffer shortfalls in food production/delivery, resource extraction/delivery, the production and delivery of every day life. If you interrupt fuel and food production, most urban populations can't survive - the population density can't support that many people living off the land, not to mention the lack of knowledge/experience on surviving outside modern society for any length of time doesn't spell good things for our burgeoning populations, if growth came to a grinding halt.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 02:48 AM
a reply to: Unity_99
Great response. At last someone with vision. As I have already said there is enough resources and wealth and space on this planet for everyone and a lot more. That would equate to everyone being equal but also no-one would weild too much power. The planet is 2 thirds water yet a very high percentage of humans die of thirst or lack of clean water. The excuse is its too expensive yet Dubai can do it for holiday makers with cash. they even built a lake to store it all. desalination plants could be utilised or even developed to be more efficient by our top scientist. But wait, they could be needed to work on a WMD because people all over the world are fighting over water.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:07 AM
80 people control half of the world's wealth, there is no overpopulation problem, only a greed problem. If those assets were invested in developing humanity, rather than enslaving it, we'd have a fraction of the problems.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 04:56 AM
Over population is a baseless Myth
The lack of will to share resources and work together as one species/family towards meeting the needs of all is a truth

top topics

<< 1    3 >>