It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Overpopulation Solution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Honest to god, how is it we cannot do this...

Surely by now we have the medical means to temporarily sterilize every individual born in a hospital. Seriously, this could be done, either male or female. It would have to be strictly one or the other, if not both. The only way anyone could have this reversed would be to provide a legal copy of a marriage license once of age. The reversal treatment would then be swiftly administered at no cost. It's that f'n simple. This is by no means medically impossible, if not already probable.

The amount of social, economical, psychological and familial problems this would solve and eliminate and the quality of life it would improve for all would be unbelievable.

I'd love to hear the arguments or rational against this premise. If it's a concern of natural right, well take a good look around ...we've lost that right. If it's one of religious concern, how is this interfering and not aiding? There's no problem I can envision that wouldn't dissolve into the endless benefits...

No more teenagers making 'mistakes', in fact I think the modern sensationalized and hyper-sexed ideals we're plagued with would take care of themselves and fade away pretty quick post adolescence. The people getting married and having the reversal, would no doubt be more willing and ready to become parents both emotionally and economically being that the child is the entire incentive in the first place. The "home" and the traditional values with it would return in a big way and become once again the most respected focus of society. Children would grow up with 'parents' again.

I know there's plenty of global complexities with this, but I believe the notion is sound and again the benefits would aid in the resolve of any issues.

That being said, If there's any giant holes in this, please point them out.
edit on 11-7-2015 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

You do realise that there would be

A) A black fertility market start offering backyard sterilisation reversals

B) It wouldn't curb population growth that much 2/3 of children are born in families

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Are you a real person or is this a computer generated post. Only a non caring, non feeling individual could ask that question. Or are you just an unfeeling psycopath in the making.
Do you think there is not enough wealth in the world to sustain the present population or do you think there is not enough room to grow the food required.
The mistake your making is there is not enough room for capitalism in this world as this is what dictates supply and demand, but requires the powers that be to manage their customers or population. I am glad you raised that question because now we can find who are responsible enough to honour their duty of care to the rest of humanity. You could of in fact never been born and not all great men come the loins of people affluent enough to raise them.a reply to: rexsblues

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

hahahaha a black market for reversals, yeah that'd be as popular as black market kidneys.

Many of "families" you speak of are situationally coaxed and most of the children born are not planned, if not the accidental cause of the "family".

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
When the 'pill' came out, VD went up, plus, Africans and Arabs would not except that, so 'the west' would disappear eventually, I don't like that thought one little bit...

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
Are you a real person or is this a computer generated post. Only a non caring, non feeling individual could ask that question. Or are you just an unfeeling psycopath in the making.

The reality we live in is not the blind optimistic visions we dream of in the future. The reality is the wake of suffering, neglect and waste left behind by those dreams.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
When the 'pill' came out, VD went up, plus, Africans and Arabs would not except that, so 'the west' would disappear eventually, I don't like that thought one little bit...

Good point, I thought of that and other than amping up immigration laws. There would be no easy solution. Although combining immigration with incentive is an idea.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

There is one problem: STD's. In the absence of the fear of pregnancy people would most likely abandon the use of condoms. I know I always tried to... If you remove that fear unprotected sex, and sex in general, would occur much more frequently. And so would the resultant STD's.

Also, without the fear of pregnancy teenagers would be screwing themselves stupid. These are walking hormones with Hollywood role models. Not a good combination.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

That's why I emphasized the focus on values, the modern and perverse norms are just sexual trends, purposely perpetuated by the media and entertainment industries. For this premise to be enacted, it would be a given that those trends would have changed.

STD's would be no more an issue than they already are.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There is no over population problem. The issue is management.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Sounds good to me. I'm all for it and I think you are a breath of fresh air. Certainly not an "unfeeling psychopath in the making."

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
When and if overpopulation ever becomes a problem, this wouldn't be the way to deal with it. As stated earlier, most children are born in families, and there would be a black market if someone really wanted a child outside of the "rules".

Good thing it isn't a problem.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

Sad thing that's just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
We make this reality real, yes us. we should be looking to alieviate suffering, neglect and waste. not looking at ways of reducing the population so we then by simple mathematics neglect, abuse and waste less. No-one with money would be denied a child. again we are trying to get rid of poor people like we have a god given right to be here above them. We should be trying to make people more equal, share more wealth and live in harmony. we only have to stop being compliant.
I will say it again. there is an abundance of wealth on this planet and if shared in an equal and fair way we could expand the population a number of times over. there is room and an abundance of knowledge available.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi
No one without money would be denied a child either. I think you misread.

Like I posted in another thread, population and further growth would not be a problem if we didn't cut down entire countries worth of forests replace them with concrete and bring about the worlds sixth mass extinction, which is scientifically confirmed as happening now. We require space, and resource, and we are in fact running out of the comfortable and convenient areas of both. Drought in Cali, ring a bell?

Even if we returned overnight to hunter gatherers, we'd still be out of balance with other rightful species we accompany on the planet.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

Until its proven otherwise, with science instead of opinion, it isn't a problem. Overpopulation is just an opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Until its proven otherwise, with science instead of opinion, it isn't a problem. Overpopulation is just an opinion.

What about the sixth mass extinction isn't scientific proof?

www.washingtonpost.com...

...Scientists specifically mention and confirm overpopulation. Sorry :/

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

As a proponent to this issue, have you sterilized yourself yet?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

yes indeed, i'm the living embodiment of your fat rabbit avatar.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

yes indeed, i'm the living embodiment of your fat rabbit avatar.

Good for you!

I know there are plenty of people who think such as yourself, so if only you all get sterilized, then that should do the trick.

Leave the "breeding" to those of us who want to.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join