It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate Flag Sales Up 1,400% to 2,000%

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: axslinger

I just can't imagine a more concerted effort by anybody, to pit us all against each other. It has to be intentional.

Have you talked to any black people about how they feel about this flag?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

54 years is drummed up huh?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seeker Mom
The only people who have a right at all to debate this issue live in the state of SC like I do.

The rest of you are just using this for your own political agendas.

Cut it out and leave us alone.

South Carolina wasn't the only place flying it. There is at least one more concerted effort to have one removed not 15 minutes from my house in Virginia. Perhaps we should should make sure that no other area in the south uses it for any other purpose before we decide who has a right to voice an opinion on it and who doesn't.

I'm not even going to touch on the fact that this is still America and people still have the right to voice their opinion on whatever they wish... Use it or lose it.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

54 years is drummed up huh?

.......Tell me how The Confederate flag made this kid shoot up a church.......

If the flag is the problem then why arent there white people in all the other southern states that fly the flag, mass killing black people.......hmm?
edit on 7/11/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I have always thought that the Southern states fought the northern states over states rights, slavery being a small part of states rights.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hey guy, listen. The only issue is with the flag flying on government property. A government that is supposed to represent 100% of the people can hardly do so when half the population sees the flag in a negative light. Fly it proudly at home, put it on a bumper sticker, etc. But this flag has no place on anything owned or operated by the government; be it city, county, state or federal.

EDIT: Certainly this flag did not cause anyone to kill; but to leave it flying over government property gives off the impression that the government supports the symbolism behind it; both good and bad.
edit on 11-7-2015 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your taking the actions of the 1% and painting the entire south that's pretty narrow minded.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: wayforward

Also.... I wonder how many of these folks are paying attention to where these Rebel flags are made:

Support Communism! Buy a Flag made in China today!
Suckers

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Why are you conflating the issue with private use and display? No one thinks you shouldn't have the right to display whatever flag or other symbol you want. What people have been fighting for 54 years is this:

The Confederate Battle flag flying at government buildings. Do you honestly think it was okay for that flag to fly at the building in South Carolina in which laws are made? Yes or no? Before you answer though understand why the flag stayed there after the 100th anniversary of the Civil War.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Why are you conflating the issue with private use and display? No one thinks you shouldn't have the right to display whatever flag or other symbol you want. What people have been fighting for 54 years is this:

The Confederate Battle flag flying at government buildings. Do you honestly think it was okay for that flag to fly at the building in South Carolina in which laws are made? Yes or no? Before you answer though understand why the flag stayed there after the 100th anniversary of the Civil War.

Im not conflating anything, its manufactured outrage pure and simple....

The call to remove the flag was the SAME WEEK that this murder happened........before that there was barely a whisper of anything about it in how many years?

There wasnt enough outrage going on with the people of SC handling this situation with grace, love and forgiveness, so they had to MAKE something to flare discontent.....

they manufacture discontent, and now , do you hear anything about how great they handled it? Do you hear anything about the families anymore extending forgiveness to the shooter or to his family?

Do you hear anything about the Grace they showed and continue to show?

Do you hear ANYTHING about them?

Nope its ALL ABOUT the flag...

How can people not see this as blatant as it is........
edit on 7/11/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question and just because you didn't hear about any issues with the flag before doesn't mean they didn't exist.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

The call to remove the flag was the SAME WEEK that this murder happened........before that there was barely a whisper of anything about it in how many years?

The NAACP has been spearheading a boycott of South Carolina on this issue for 15 years.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Along with NCAA.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why do you think gun sales increase when a democrat is in office?

because the right-wing knows how to jack up the fear quotient....the NRA and the gun manufactures are laughing all the way to the bank

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

originally posted by: axslinger

I just can't imagine a more concerted effort by anybody, to pit us all against each other. It has to be intentional.

Have you talked to any black people about how they feel about this flag?

because they don't give a damn what millions of black people think.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
All this uproar over a flag, well what about the Maryland state flag? No it doesn`t have anything to do with the civil war but it does have the coat of arms of 2 british lords who undoubtedly owned slaves when America was still just a bunch of british colonies.
Didn`t the british lose the revolutionary war? so why are the coat of arms of 2 british lords still on an American state flag?
I guess ignorance really is bliss, if you`re too ignorant of history to be offended by a flag then the flag doesn`t really matter.

More to the point of the civil war, how about the Maryland state song?

Maryland!
His torch is at thy temple door,
Maryland!
Avenge the patriotic gore
That flecked the streets of Baltimore,
And be the battle queen of yore,
Maryland! My Maryland

VI
Dear Mother! burst the tyrant's chain,
Maryland!
Virginia should not call in vain,
Maryland!
She meets her sisters on the plain-
"Sic semper!" 'tis the proud refrain
That baffles minions back again,
Maryland!
Arise in majesty again,
Maryland! My Maryland!

VII
I see the blush upon thy cheek,
Maryland!
For thou wast ever bravely meek,
Maryland!
But lo! there surges forth a shriek,
From hill to hill, from creek to creek-
Potomac calls to Chesapeake,
Maryland! My Maryland!

VIII
Thou wilt not yield the Vandal toll,
Maryland!
Thou wilt not crook to his control,
Maryland!
Better the fire upon thee roll, Better the blade, the shot, the bowl,
Than crucifixion of the soul,
Maryland! My Maryland!

IX
I hear the distant thunder-hum,
Maryland!
The Old Line's bugle, fife, and drum,
Maryland!
She is not dead, nor deaf, nor dumb-
Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!
She breathes! she burns! she'll come! she'll come!
Maryland! My Maryland!

Those words practically border on treason, anyhow, I wouldn`t get your panties in a bunch over a confederate flag.
edit on 11-7-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

edit on 11-7-2015 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Having been without power today. I spent a few hours outside.

Saw one rebel flag drive by, and I was like HUH ?

Went to town. Then saw another one twin flags on a truck.

Not something a person sees everday where I am from.

Twice in one day ?

Guess them flag sales are up.
edit on 12-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Huh strange, I guess all those people that cared so much about this flag so much before hand never cared enough to actually buy the damn thing?

Or are buying it out of spite, like myself. I never really cared for it, but now that it pisses Libs off, I plan on buying one and flying it.

Only in America can a bunch of Liberal Hypocrites wipe their asswand stomp on the American flag because "it'sjust a piece of cloth, it doesn't mean anything" then throw the biggest bitch fit about another piece of cloth that shouldn't mean anything to them.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: irishhaf
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your taking the actions of the 1% and painting the entire south that's pretty narrow minded.

Careful now. Liberals don't like it when you call them out for their hypocrisy. Standby for the temper tantrum and name calling.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join