It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird dream I had last night: stump, rainbow peace sign, mercy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I rarely remember dreams, and they're usually pretty muddled. Last night I had a crystal clear one though.

I was driving through the woods with my husband, and we came to a Forest Service gate that marked the beginning of a recent clear cut. There was one large cedar stump I was looking at in particular when my Husband said, "there's a rainbow peace sign." (makes no sense, no such symbol in my dream.) Then I heard a voice, like the one in my head when I'm reading, that said "Pray for mercy."

So strange. I've been thinking about it all day. One of my several ideas about interpretations is the stump and clearcut stand for environmental abuse, the rainbow was Jehovah's sign to Noah that He would never destroy the earth again, and we need mercy to fix the damage we've done. I may be over thinking it. Does anyone have a knack for interpreting dreams like this?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Not sure how to interprit this. But if its any consolation. Humans are destroying the beautiful forests around this planet little by little.

And the only way for peace is if they stop polluting our world. Pray for mercy, because the wrath of such conciquence will be felt through the generations.
edit on pm70000003115Fri, 10 Jul 2015 23:53:46 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think your dream has something to do with intimate relationships.

But, I could be wrong...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr That's what I was thinking, too. My dreams are usually mundane and scattered, so this one has me taking a closer look.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight Interesting. Does the stump give you that impression? The forest?
I'd love to see what you see.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Maybe it was a sign that with equality comes peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

No, you really don't.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Keep a dream journal by your bed and write down your last dream if you can remember it as soon as you have it.

you never know what you can see. I myself have had some questionable dreams before that border make one question the significance.

But i tend to believe everyone is shown something mystical at least once in their life. We all just have to pay attention.
The Universe is not so mundane as people would want to believe, It is usually those that have such views that have a greater fear of what is comprehensible during the given situation. It's much easier to exist and ignore the questioning experiences that are outside the status quo. Dreams are something however everyone can relate to. So it's much more bare able.

It's just my interpretation of deforestation and evils that are causing it. For me, It's not so much human war i am concerned about, Because those in power controlling the wars never have the intention of killing everyone on Earth.

It's that even during those endless wars, The war on the environment is what really dictates our survival. Not our fear of weapons and war. But the very air we breath, The water we drink, The food we eat and the space we share with other forms of life. To me, My interpretation of that dream is the environment is asking for peace. At least from the perspective of a freshly logged hillside. It's the opposite of conservation.

In my interpretation a rainbow peace sign is neither a specific color but all the colors. So it should be taken in context as a pure color, associated with what is a pure concept peace.

But a dream like this can be interpreted by someone who could care less about a forest, And be confused by it. The sad truth is there is a lot of people out there who feel like this.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr Thank you! The deforestation I see in the mountains around my town bums me out all the time...we have started moving modest amounts of seeds from one part of the mountain to the barren part since no one in charge is replanting.

It was a happy, hopeful dream. Pray for mercy was more of a rallying cry than anything else.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Think you 'tapped" into a current ongoing issue.

conservationisconservative.wordpress.com...

Different Native nations have decided enough is enough and are bringing this issue into the light. I think you may have picked up on this and it resulted in your dream? Or by having the dream and posting about it this needed brought to your attention?

nativenewsonline.net...
edit on 11-7-2015 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

intercontinentalcry.org...
edit on 11-7-2015 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78 Thanks for the links! Coffee reading!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

No, the rainbow was God's promise that he would never destroy the earth with flood. If you study, you will see that the earth is slated to be nearly destroyed by fire, and it is only through the intervention/return of Christ that any flesh at all is saved.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Logged back in after a long time for this.

Basically, there have been multiple dreamers of late, having dreams similar to yours. In the dream, you are 'away' from civilization, did you feel as if you'd fled? Secondly, a newly cleared area, probably attests to newly cleared 'ground...' As in, we're in a place that we were not in before. Thirdly, the imagery of a stump was used by God to warn Nebuchadnezzar that his empire would be cut down, but the roots would remain. The rainbow IS God's sign of mercy towards mankind, and of His promise not to destroy the World with water again, however, it is also the symbol for homosexual pride. The prayer for mercy is God telling you to ask for mercy in the coming times, because it is too late for forgiveness.

In my interpretation: In essence, you may have been/are fleeing from something new, perhaps in the near future, because America has been cut down, aye perhaps even all the western World, because of the things we have allowed to happen in this place, we will be/are being punished. All there is left, is to pray to God to help you get through whatever it is that coming.

I have felt that it is futile to pray for this World/Country, as it is far past time for repentance, and I am not just talking about the gay marriage thing. We are a horrible people, we allow so much greed and suffering, the homosexual thing is just the latest slap in the face of God. We as a people murder, we rape, we steal, we lie, we do harmful drugs (both legal and illegal), we have no respect for parents or authority, and neither truly deserve our respect anymore. This World is dirty, harsh, and tainted. All you have to do is look out your window, listen to the gunfire, and watch the evening news. I hope that whatever comes next is quick. If I am to partake of it, I'd really not want to suffer.

God bless. I love you all.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

You said it. I thought it, but I was perhaps being too gentle.

The peace sign is also in inverted broken cross.

top topics

join