It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A breakdown in the background check system allowed Dylann Roof to buy gun, but did he?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I don't exactly understand your point. 

I will try to break it down for you.

Dylan bought illegal drugs.

'Illegal' being a key part here.

What difference is there between his ability to buy illegal drugs and illegal guns?

Illegal gun runners do not perform background checks.

Drugs dealers and gun runners do not check ID cards to make sure that the buyers are a minimum age.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I don't exactly understand your point. 

I will try to break it down for you.

Dylan bought illegal drugs.

'Illegal' being a key part here.

What difference is there between his ability to buy illegal drugs and illegal guns?

Illegal gun runners do not perform background checks.

Drugs dealers and gun runners do not check ID cards to make sure that the buyers are a minimum age.

I get it.

The OP is about whether he actually bought the gun or not. Other news outlets are telling us the gun was given to him by his father. Both his uncle and grandfather are offering conflicting testimonies.

I'm trying to find inconsistencies within each news story in order to look for more connections. I don't think you're getting the point of the OP. Its not about whether he acquired the gun legally or not, its about if he even acquired the gun from a dealer at all, causing me to believe it was a fabricated story.

Why are there media outlets telling us he went to purchase the gun and the background check system failed and why are there other media outlets telling us that he didn't.

edit on 11-7-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
They had yet another version floating a week after the shooting:

www.nbcnews.com...
(dated June 23, 2015)
Law enforcement officials say the transaction was entirely legal, despite a pending drug charge.
.... Federal law prohibits the sale of a gun to anyone who is "under indictment for" a felony, but the drug charge Roof faces is a misdemeanor under South Carolina law. For that reason, according to several current and former law enforcement officials, the pending charge did not disqualify Roof from buying a gun.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I don't think you're getting the point of the OP. Its not about whether he acquired the gun legally or not, its about if he even acquired the gun from a dealer at all, causing me to believe it was a fabricated story. 

I got that when I read the OP.
My posts are to show that gun laws don't stop criminals from getting guns.
Whether the OS is true or not doesn't really matter when he could have acquired the gun on the black market and killed people with it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join