It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a Nationwide Exorcism In the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What, do you mean I am not now marked as part of your "vast DOMINIONIST Conspiracy?"

Well, no. NO. You weren't.

This is silly, though. If you are one, then just say so (considering that you didn't even believe they existed until a couple of days ago, that's a really weird question to ask me)!

Exorcism? So, are you a Dominionist?? I thought you said you didn't even believe they existed!

I'm not going to continue this ridiculous discussion with you. Just so you know.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
I believe that demons exist (go ahead and laugh, I don't care), but that doesn't mean I think that everyone/everything is demon-possessed, or that a mass exorcism would do any good, or anything for the U.S.

A depression in the earth gathers water when it rains, and then the sun dries it out, but when it rains again, the puddle will return.

Be careful; you have just been assigned a spot in the vast Dominionist Conspiracy because, as we know, DOMINIONISTS believe in demons.

Meh, it won't be the first list I've made... lol.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
Exorcisms rub me suspicious. Back in the old days mentally ill folks were considered possessed rather than insane. Today we know better. Nope sorry, I don't have any demons in me aside from myself of course. Do they honestly believe that an exorcism of America would have any affect whatsoever besides placebo? If they want to pretend it works and try to change the world with words rather than actions, then the problems are on THEM, because instead of doing good works and actions, they think they can just pray the evil away. Yeah, good luck with that.

Sounds like the traditional blessing of a house or a business or the fishing fleet. Nothing more sinister than that and no, they just don't plan to pray the evil away.

It may be an exercise of an imaginary superstition, but it's not so evil or disrespectful or anything else everyone is getting their panties in a knot over. I bet some of you guys get upset if some one says bless you when you sneeze.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I would think it wouldn't work. Not really being an expert on exorcism, my basic understanding is you can only exorcise a demon or demons from something or someone they have possessed, and in this case, you wouldn't be driving them out of the population of the US en masse, but only trying to drive them out of the land itself or something. In order to drive them out of the population, you'd have to do people one at a time.

And I don't think willingness is necessarily a factor because if you think about what, what person possessed and under control by an actual demon is going to WANT to be exorcized? Think about it. So I don't think willing participation is a necessity at all.

IIR my catholic indoctrination correctly, any blessing, even baptism is considered a sort of form of exorcism. Not necessarily like in the movies where an actual demon is driven from a particular individual, but he driving away of negative influences from an area.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

You know what? I was baptized as an infant, too......
nothing horrible has befallen me.

And when I was in my 30s, I studied Wicca. I learned how to do protective rituals....
when I bought this house at age 42, I did the same. My home is totally shaded by enormous walnut trees (believed to be protective of Wiccans)......a couple of weeks ago, a huge storm passed through -

I felt the whole house shake, and the windows were rattling......
the next morning, we discovered that the 100-foot-high Tulip tree in the church-yard next door (right on our property line) was rent in two.....huge chunks of it - limbs 25 feet long, lay in the church yard.....
but the trees in OUR yard only lost some minor branches and small limbs. Nothing landed on our house, or our vehicles.

Yet all around us, there were downed trees, and our cable was out for several hours. Our neighbor's gutter was knocked loose....traffic came down our block like never before (we live on a stretch of street that is NOT a 'through street') because the road a couple of blocks away was closed due to tree-limbs.

edit on 7/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Oh wait - I bought this house when I was 39.

edit on 7/13/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You know what? I was baptized as an infant, too......
nothing horrible has befallen me.

And when I was in my 30s, I studied Wicca. I learned how to do protective rituals....
when I bought this house at age 42, I did the same. My home is totally shaded by enormous walnut trees......a couple of weeks ago, a huge storm passed through - the tree in the church-yard next door was rent in two.....
the trees in OUR yard lost some limbs. Nothing landed on our house, or our vehicles. But all around us, there were downed trees, and our cable was out for several hours. Our neighbor's gutter was knocked loose....traffic came down our block like never before (we live on a stretch of street that is NOT a 'through street') because the road a couple of blocks away was closed due to tree-limbs.

Well, that's a similar concept with a lot of Catholic blessing rituals.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yes, and I have no problem with any of that.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Real effects require real causes, by definition. I would think.

Exorcism is right up there with necromancy and astrology. Pure hoo-hah.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Barcs
Exorcisms rub me suspicious. Back in the old days mentally ill folks were considered possessed rather than insane. Today we know better. Nope sorry, I don't have any demons in me aside from myself of course. Do they honestly believe that an exorcism of America would have any affect whatsoever besides placebo? If they want to pretend it works and try to change the world with words rather than actions, then the problems are on THEM, because instead of doing good works and actions, they think they can just pray the evil away. Yeah, good luck with that.

Sounds like the traditional blessing of a house or a business or the fishing fleet. Nothing more sinister than that and no, they just don't plan to pray the evil away.

It may be an exercise of an imaginary superstition, but it's not so evil or disrespectful or anything else everyone is getting their panties in a knot over. I bet some of you guys get upset if some one says bless you when you sneeze.

Personally I don't care if they do it or not. It won't affect me. I just wish we could have an "exorcism" on all the extreme religious folk and somehow make them rational again. Yeah I know, unrealistic.
edit on 14-7-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Wasn't this a leslie nielsen movie?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979
To me there are real spiritual entities in the world and well, they can't really harass you unless a few things happen.

I have a different opinion. A spirit can gain access to the world of the living through just one living and can then move to others around that living. However spirits have had access to the living since centuries and sooner or later an individual comes into contact with them which might be just a single dream.

What I think they do is use parts of the brain, specifically memory parts and those used to 'imagine' others. Something which might go unnoticed by the majority, only a few individuals who notice because of brain damage or life events or simply a few wrong thoughts which make people appear robotic and lifeless, then the imagining part is not there. Each time though when people get together, they 'imagine' others, it's a part of social interaction and happens automagically. On a subconscious level people pay attention to spirits and keep them alive in a sense or 'real' and this diminishes their overall experience of life, in some cases even create disease or lower iq/less good memory. But because it's from an early age, people get used to it and don't know any better.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Yes, and I have no problem with any of that.

Certainly. I've attended quite a few blessing rituals of various beliefs from pagan to wiccan to Catholic and a "few others." By and large they seem quite similar in intent and in action--possibley because perhaps they are all stemming from a distant but mutual cultural past.

Salt, for example is used in Orthodox Catholic ritual as well as pagan and wiccan.
edit on 14-7-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Does the US Need a Nationwide Exorcism?

“Every bishop is the chief exorcist of his own diocese,” Msgr. Esseff said. “Anytime anyone with the authority uses his power against Satan, that is powerful. Every priest and bishop has that power.”

During the exorcism of a diocese, Msgr. Esseff explained that the bishop calls on the power of Jesus over every court, every single institution, every individual and every family. “The whole country would have such

power if bishops would exorcise their dioceses.”

Read more: www.ncregister.com...

I am more than halfway serious here... could this be done constitutionally in the US? I mean I am sure somewhere there are people of other beliefs that find a use for their demons. Personally, I find them as something that well, challenges me and makes me stronger. so, well, who the heck are they to try to drive them away?

What would this even accomplish?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

All the religion believers would feel closer to their God, and will accept all the bad things that happen to them as meant to be. As long as they follow the dogma.

All is well for you child,, god is with you. Repent your Sins.

IMO
edit on 14-7-2015 by Skorpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpy

So it other words it is just an action to make people feel like they are "doing something" while they sit on their asses and aren't actually doing anything? Why can't they just do the usual thing they do in this case? Pray.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

All the religion believers would feel closer to their God, and will accept all the bad things that happen to them as meant to be. As long as they follow the dogma.

IMO

It won't even do that. No one can really atone for you, so whatever. I already said a few pages back that it won't work IMO. They can try to bless the ground, but it won't work for people as a sort of blanket thing. Still, I guess it's the thought that counts same as when someone just prays for others in general.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Skorpy

So it other words it is just an action to make people feel like they are "doing something" while they sit on their asses and aren't actually doing anything? Why can't they just do the usual thing they do in this case? Pray.

Well, to them it's "doing something," and one does not preclude the other, and furthermore, it is "praying" of a sort.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy

IMO

Inshallah.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join