It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we have a Nationwide Exorcism In the US?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Does the US Need a Nationwide Exorcism?

“Every bishop is the chief exorcist of his own diocese,” Msgr. Esseff said. “Anytime anyone with the authority uses his power against Satan, that is powerful. Every priest and bishop has that power.”

During the exorcism of a diocese, Msgr. Esseff explained that the bishop calls on the power of Jesus over every court, every single institution, every individual and every family. “The whole country would have such

power if bishops would exorcise their dioceses.”

Read more: www.ncregister.com...

I am more than halfway serious here... could this be done constitutionally in the US? I mean I am sure somewhere there are people of other beliefs that find a use for their demons. Personally, I find them as something that well, challenges me and makes me stronger. so, well, who the heck are they to try to drive them away?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I am more than halfway serious here... could this be done constitutionally in the US? I mean I am sure somewhere there are people of other beliefs that find a use for their demons. Personally, I find them as something that well, challenges me and makes me stronger. so, well, who the heck are they to try to drive them away?
Constitutionally? Why does the law care about what a group of grown men in robes are doing with incense?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It would be easier to get rid of all the people that make up governments, courts, etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

As long as they do not come knocking on my door on Saturday to do it if it floats their or your boat then go for it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is America.

If I want to be possessed, I can be.

It is my and your religious right.

lol

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes
I guess nothing, unless of course one happens to believe that there are power in words, and the christian god is only one of many forces at work and chooses for align themselves a different force, which well then, they are kind of trying to interfer with the relationship to your god.

hint... I believe that the christian god is just one of many gods...notice the lower case... God is beyond them, they are just too busy ruling us to notice that He exists.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes
I guess nothing, unless of course one happens to believe that there are power in words, and the christian god is only one of many forces at work and chooses for align themselves a different force, which well then, they are kind of trying to interfer with the relationship to your god.

hint... I believe that the christian god is just one of many gods...notice the lower case... God is beyond them, they are just too busy ruling us to notice that He exists.

If you believe in more than one pantheon, you have your work cut out for you. Have fun with all that. Meanwhile, I'll be over here, doing math and stuff.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

They can try but it won't work on me.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
ya I know, but well, what the heck...
hey voodoo actually has possession as part of the beliefs...maybe they can sue

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
now wouldnt that be something to see

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

This is hilarious in todays modern society we have those that still fall behind when it comes to finding enlightenment, Christianity sometimes still falls under a medieval systems of believes.

The church should exorcise itself before they do others.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

well at least they ain't whining at the gov't to change the laws I guess..

anything that can't be explained in their religious parameters is automatically attributed to demons and satan, and now we find out that they've been having secret exocisms trying to cast it out of their territory....
which well, who was it that assigned them this territory? the Native Americans certainly didn't give them all of it!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Is like a circus show, the church has its duties to appease their flock of believers, I guess doing exorcism in territories (lets remember that they pay no taxes), is showing their congregation that they are doing something.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

they could at least call in the shamans, the wiccans and all and make it a joint effort instead of doing it in secret.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I am sure that they will be able to change the world and get us all rid of demons, the reason they do it in secret is because is nothing but hocus pocus, I guess the church doesn't want to admit that exorcism is like witchcraft it only works if the believers also belief.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

the funny thing is that the way men have been acting as of late, I wouldn't be surprised if the demons are just a tad bit concerned that they will blow us all to hades and back. and well, they'd have quite a bit to lose also if that happened, I mean the earth has been such a fun playground for them! they could be driving away one of the major forces that is trying to hold the place together!

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

No kidding, dawnstar, when people can not understand what is happening around them or when their set of believes is shaken they rather turn to the supernatural to find and explanation, no thinking that man is the one that creates everything, be fictitious or not.

I always fee that earth is the place where hell is located due to the nature of human beings. Because while it can be hell for some that believe it, it also create a hell for those that don't by the believers.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I always fee that earth is the place where hell is located due to the nature of human beings. Because while it can be hell for some that believe it, it also create a hell for those that don't by the believers.

I think you may be right about that... and we're just too arrogant to realize it.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Oh, yes my friend, arrogant, self centered, egoistic, judgmental and more, we can blame our free will for doing no just great things but also create chaos for those that do not agree with our personal points of view.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If an exorcism was performed in the US to rid ourselves of all the self-serving, evil, narcissistic, sinful people, then there'd only be 4 overweight, lonely guys left in the country.

Ironically, all 4 would have been living in their mom's basement, and all have the gamer tag of "Stud Twinkie".
edit on 11-7-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join