It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Selective Bigotry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't understand why you think it's the same thing. Why wouldn't a Muslim be able to open a Halal food store to the public?

Because halal bakeries have refused to bake gay wedding cakes.
That makes them bigots.
That means they shouldn't operate a business with doors open to the public.
Or am I missing something?

You're missing the part where you're supposed to only think of the beliefs of certain types of people as being intolerant. The others get a pass.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

No, I didn't miss it.
I may have outed it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

No, I didn't miss it.
I may have outed it.

My response was tongue-in-cheek; I know you "get" it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Nope try again,'they attacked a frIend of mine for behing a minority, inwas the good guy that day.

Anyone can twist words to Sound smart,'your opinion is like mine not worth much.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Some of you who wear this badge of being anti-anti and holier-than-thou because you support black people's actions, gay people's actions, etc. You don't seem to realize that you then turn around and behave anti-cop, anti-christian, etc. And in my book...that makes you no better than the monsters you hate so much. Yes...YOU HATE!

I don't abide by anyone else's book but my own. End of story. On a side note: I'm not holier than thou or pretend to be when I advocate for the oppressed. I'm simply being empathetic and compassionate. If that makes me a bigot then so be it.

As for the rest of your rant: I'm bigoted against bigots....especially ones who use the term "bigot" against those who actually oppose behaviour that ruins the currency of other people's lives.

However...I remember larger figures from history that USED prejudice to their advantage just as you have. Hitler, Stalin, Manson and more. Just like them, you choose who you hate and give everyone else a pass and then pretend you are right. You're not...you're a bigot.

I'm bigoted against Hitler and his ilk.

You are no better than the bigots you hate.

Does that make me the same as Hitler because I hate him? Or does it just help me appreciate the idea of hate from my own unique perspective?

It's ok to be bigoted against the bad guy. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, but don't interpret that mindset as one and the same degree of hate.

Cool, we are all hypocrites. Now what...?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

They have? Or are you talking about that selectively edited video in which the bakers refused to write the requested text which is not covered by discrimination laws?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

They have? Or are you talking about that selectively edited video in which the bakers refused to write the requested text which is not covered by discrimination laws?

So now you feel it's okay to be intolerant if there's no law specifically against that particular form of intolerance?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I already mentioned this before.

Actually it is fair. A business open to the public is aware of what is required of them when they apply for their business license.

ETA: Writing on a cake (including symbols) is not covered by discrimination laws or public accommodation laws. A baker that refuses to put swastikas on a cake wouldn't put swastika's on a cake for anyone.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So, is that a 'Yes'?

Working with your "swastika" logic, a Christian bakery wouldn't bake a gay wedding cake for anyone that requested it, be they straight or gay (friends can order and pay for a cake as easily as the couple could, and plenty of gay couples have straight friends), either. Since that is clearly the case, how was this bakery in the wrong?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I was referring to Muslims and how much they support gay pride.
There's some tongue in a cheek there.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Oh i get it know, bigots feel shame so now they need to put us down to there level, genius i say genius.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh i get it know, bigots feel shame so now they need to put us down to there level, genius i say genius.

Valiant attempt at derailing the argument that you guys are losing, but what is going on is that one form of intolerance is going unpunished, while another is being punished.

The only thing this bakery is guilty of is practicing a non-tolerated form of intolerance. ***ETA*** Much like all other forms of so-called 'intolerance'.
edit on 7/10/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: edit to add

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Refusing writing is not the same thing as denying service. They can say we don't decorate cakes with swastikas or we don't write happy gay wedding on any cakes but here's what we do as decoration.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Refusing writing is not the same thing as denying service. They can say we don't decorate cakes with swastikas or we don't write happy gay wedding on any cakes but here's what we do as decoration.

Cant help it you made me think of the following scene.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This has been fun, but I'm going to watch 'John Wick' with my son before I take him to his grandmother's for the weekend.

I will leave with one thought:

Tolerance is NOT acceptance. If you do not tolerate a certain behavior, you are being intolerant of it and by definition, are guilty of intolerance.

There's no getting around that fact, no matter how much you pat yourself on the back, or others congratulate you, for your particular intolerance.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

First off its someones opinion, so no nobodys losing anything.

Second to win an argument that has no base in reality is a pretty far fetch attempt.

But good luck on your crusade. Lol

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Except not grasping at straws...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Okay, time for one more....

The Christian bakery refused to bake that particular cake on religious grounds, they did not refuse to serve the lesbian couple because of their lifestyle.

Okay, now I'm out.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

They refused to bake any cake.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

My bigotry is selective, but it is a very small group. I hate bigots and idiots. Well except myself and other people that hate the same.

edit on 10-7-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join