It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Selective Bigotry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: reldra

Unless you are simply trying to derail this thread because you don't want it to continue or actually discuss the topic? Hmmm.
I have discussed this to almost no end. I apologize if you find the quantity and quality of my contributions lacking. I am not a 'thread derailer'. This thread I have spent entirely enough time on though. I am awaited elsewhere. Please, do go on.

Come on...please answer the question.

I answered you. I have discussed and posted over and over. I also said I am not trying to derail anything . I really have no idea why you are asking the same thing a second time?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

If your convictions are so strong that you cannot interact with all members of the public equally then you shouldn't open a business to the public. There are many other business models available to you, such as a religious business or private club. Discrimination laws do not apply to such businesses.

These bakers knew the law when they decided to open a business to the public and maybe they figured the situation would never arise, but they gambled and lost.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Let the bigot think he won this argument.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I haven't seen anyone who hates Christians here

Bullocks. I see plenty of people mocking/bullying Christians or anyone of any faith. Maybe you refuse to see it because you agree with those doing the mocking.

It is a sad and backwards time when the defenders of the oppressed are called bigots. This is a twisted concept the right wing has invented. Or maybe it's just right wing media that ahas invented it. I am not sure whom, but they are pandering to a certain segment of the population.

It's like I'm listening to an MSNBC interview of Clinton, Very pathetic that you'd pull the victim card here lol.

I have seen people say things like 'I don't believe in your imaginary sky God, so that doesn't pertain to me'. I have seen Christians say things on the same level of dismissivness. Believe me, if I saw a Christian insulted for no other reason and in a mean way, I would call out the jerk. You don't know me very well. You haven't seen my contributions to serene religious discussions either, it appears. I am not an atheist.

I rarely watch the MSM and have not seen an interview of Hilary Clinton in at least 2 years.

Pulling the victim card would mean that I am saying I am a victim.

You are at least confused and assume too much.

I didn't ask if you were an atheist. When you say you haven't seen any bigoted comments towards Christians etc here on ATS, then I have to assume that you are clueless, or accepting of those views

I certainly didn't ask if you watched the MSM or a Clinton interview either. But maybe you should, since this

It is a sad and backwards time when the defenders of the oppressed are called bigots.
sounds a lot like her.

Its a common Left Wing tactic to act like they own a monopoly on social justice and defense of the oppressed. You should delve deeper into US history, and not the revisionist sort, to see that that is not the case.

edit on 10-7-2015 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Play the victim much, nobody said the the left cant be bigots, nobody said that only christians are bigots.

Playing the victim game just proves that all you have is an opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Is that your excuse for today, i am a bigot because i cant stand bigots, just wow, did you get that from faux news or breitbart

Lol. Nope, thought of that all by myself.

I realize that I'm forcing a circular argument here, and that is intentional in order to get people to really look at themselves.

The fact is, not tolerating something is the very definition of intolerance. Not tolerating intolerance IS intolerance.

The entire argument is ludicrous.

You guys need a new word.
edit on 7/10/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: edit

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Is that your excuse for today, i am a bigot because i cant stand bigots, just wow, did you get that from faux news or breitbart

Nope...you misunderstood that. A person is a bigot of a bigot if they are intolerant of the other person's opinion. You can hate a bigot and not be a bigot if you hate them for what they are or do, but not for their underlying belief.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Not tolerating a racist is a good thing, not sure why you picked me but lol.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

More excuses lol, i beat up skin heads when i was in high school, bah bah i am a bigot. Keep them coming its comedy gold,

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Unless you are simply trying to derail this thread because you don't want it to continue or actually discuss the topic? Hmmm.
I have discussed this to almost no end. I apologize if you find the quantity and quality of my contributions lacking. I am not a 'thread derailer'. This thread I have spent entirely enough time on though. I am awaited elsewhere. Please, do go on.

I answered you. I have discussed and posted over and over. I also said I am not trying to derail anything . I really have no idea why you are asking the same thing a second time?

I didn't see you answer this question:
Come on...two lesbians intolerant of the religious couple's belief...what would you call that??????????

But I'm about done for the night anyway. Its up to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I picked you because you spilled your soda on your keyboard.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I haven't seen anyone who hates Christians here

Bullocks. I see plenty of people mocking/bullying Christians or anyone of any faith. Maybe you refuse to see it because you agree with those doing the mocking.

It is a sad and backwards time when the defenders of the oppressed are called bigots. This is a twisted concept the right wing has invented. Or maybe it's just right wing media that ahas invented it. I am not sure whom, but they are pandering to a certain segment of the population.

It's like I'm listening to an MSNBC interview of Clinton, Very pathetic that you'd pull the victim card here lol.

I have seen people say things like 'I don't believe in your imaginary sky God, so that doesn't pertain to me'. I have seen Christians say things on the same level of dismissivness. Believe me, if I saw a Christian insulted for no other reason and in a mean way, I would call out the jerk. You don't know me very well. You haven't seen my contributions to serene religious discussions either, it appears. I am not an atheist.

I rarely watch the MSM and have not seen an interview of Hilary Clinton in at least 2 years.

Pulling the victim card would mean that I am saying I am a victim.

You are at least confused and assume too much.

I didn't ask if you were an atheist. When you say you haven't seen any bigoted comments towards Christians etc here on ATS, then I have to assume that you are clueless, or accepting of those views

I certainly didn't ask if you watched the MSM or a Clinton interview either. But maybe you should, since this

It is a sad and backwards time when the defenders of the oppressed are called bigots.
sounds a lot like her.

Its a common Left Wing tactic to act like they own a monopoly on social justice and defense of the oppressed. You should delve deeper into US history, and not the revisionist sort, to see that that is not the case.
"Listening to Clinton" is just above where I quoted in order to reply. I assumed interview, or speech, unless someone here was sitting in her living room.

I don't care who it sounds like.

And when I said 'defenders of the oppressed' I did not point out any particular group of any kind, but one seemed to come to your mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
In high school I had friends who were members of Anti-Racist-Action. They would rove around like a gang and pick fights with skin heads. Pretty much sums up the OP. A couple of months ago I couldn't help but call out a homosexual on FB for his claim that we should round up all of the bigots and kill them. He could not understand how his own views were no different than that of the Nazis or (insert hate group of choice). It is like there is some kind of switch that occurs once an oppressed group gains equality they then want some type of revenge and to push their own views and lifestyle on others in the same fashion that they themselves were oppressed.

This is nothing new of course and has happened countless times throughout history. I can see it within Christianity's history myself. They were oppressed by the Romans and then some time after they became a majority they began to oppress those that did not agree with them in the same fashion(Jews/Pagans/Muslims). Fortunately they have progressed beyond that and are the largest charitable group in the world and learned to spread their message in an appropriate way as opposed to turning from victim into victimizer. Look at Modern Israel. The impetus for the creation of the modern nation was supposedly because of the suffering and displacement during the Holocaust. Now they have their own agenda of genocide and have placed their enemies into ghettos and camps.

link   

Come on...two lesbians intolerant of the religious couple's belief...what would you call that??????????

Customers.

link   

Now that is all about perception of good and bad. Is your intolerance of the racist "good" in the eyes of the racist? I would imagine not, yet it is still intolerance, correct?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

More excuses lol, i beat up skin heads when i was in high school, bah bah i am a bigot. Keep them coming its comedy gold,

So lets keep the comedy going then. So in high school, you decided these people (skin heads) were wrong in their opinion of some groups of other people and decided to beat them up. You not only decided that your opinion was right and theirs wrong, but you also executed an assault upon these people. Yeah...you became a bigot. If you had just beat them up because you didn't like them as people...then you would just be an ass. But by deciding that you somehow have a right to decide opinions for the public, you made yourself a bigot. So does that bigotry continue? Do you hate people who dislike other groups? Do you also hate people who dislike Christians, gays, blacks? I'm curious who you are bigoted against.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Customers.

Well...I tried. You diverted. I guess we are done.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
So are you going to go on the record that you believe that there should be no halal food stores run by Muslims?

If your convictions are so strong that you cannot interact with all members of the public equally then you shouldn't open a business to the public. There are many other business models available to you, such as a religious business or private club. Discrimination laws do not apply to such businesses. 

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't understand why you think it's the same thing. Why wouldn't a Muslim be able to open a Halal food store to the public?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't understand why you think it's the same thing. Why wouldn't a Muslim be able to open a Halal food store to the public?

Because halal bakeries have refused to bake gay wedding cakes.
That makes them bigots.
That means they shouldn't operate a business with doors open to the public.
Or am I missing something?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join