It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Selective Bigotry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
"This is what you get when you cannot defend what you are defending. Nonsense as substance. Vapidity as intellectual rigor. In this arena, you have to rig the rules of the game so that it is actually as wrong, if not more so, to dare to call the wrongdoer (or the apologist for the wrongdoer) out. "

Defining Tolerance Via Bigot's Rights

Yeah I remember the liberals saying the Right wanted to throw granny off a cliff just for talking about making medicare solvent basically. I guess you and your ilk would recognize your own tactics eh?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You are posting a leftist site stating an opinion as a source. The use of the absolute term wrong in the quote would be the contention. I mean I personally believe in many absolute statements but in this instance it is open to interpretation depending on which view you hold to be "true" or "wrong".

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

No. You are not "intolerant" if you won't accept bigots or bigotry-related concern trolling or apologia about what is truly tolerant and what is not when you meet hate. That ship has sailed."

I hope that the inherent hilarity of stating that being intolerant of behaviors that you do not agree with doesn't make you "intolerant", hasn't escaped the eyes of those reading the post quoted above.

Obvious logical fallacy is obvious.

Because I do not tolerate bigotry does not make me intolerant. I would have to not tolerate for no reason at all and for random things.

Let's say you don't like swearing in your home. You do not tolerate it and you tell people who use an expletive on the spot, that you do not tolerate it. That does not make you intolerant in general.

Not tolerating something makes you intolerant of it. This should not be a difficult concept to grasp.

Yes, of IT. The one thing. Like the example of others using expletives in one;s home.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

No. You are not "intolerant" if you won't accept bigots or bigotry-related concern trolling or apologia about what is truly tolerant and what is not when you meet hate. That ship has sailed."

I hope that the inherent hilarity of stating that being intolerant of behaviors that you do not agree with doesn't make you "intolerant", hasn't escaped the eyes of those reading the post quoted above.

Because I do not tolerate bigotry does not make me intolerant. I would have to not tolerate for no reason at all and for random things.

Let's say you don't like swearing in your home. You do not tolerate it and you tell people who use an expletive on the spot, that you do not tolerate it. That does not make you intolerant in general.

Not tolerating something makes you intolerant of it. This should not be a difficult concept to grasp.

Yes, of IT. The one thing. Like the example of others using expletives in one;s home.

Can you point out how my statement was incorrect? How is not tolerating something, not being 'intolerant'?
edit on 7/10/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: stupid quote brackets

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Following your logic of "being a bigot of a bigot doesn't make you a bigot...it makes you right" is the same as saying "the killer of a killer is not a killer". I just don't see how you don't get this? It literally baffles me.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So now i am a bigot because i cant stand racist people, is that todays excuse so real bigots can feel better about themselves.

edit on 10-7-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
I haven't seen anyone who hates Christians here

Bullocks. I see plenty of people mocking/bullying Christians or anyone of any faith. Maybe you refuse to see it because you agree with those doing the mocking.

It is a sad and backwards time when the defenders of the oppressed are called bigots. This is a twisted concept the right wing has invented. Or maybe it's just right wing media that ahas invented it. I am not sure whom, but they are pandering to a certain segment of the population.

It's like I'm listening to an MSNBC interview of Clinton, Very pathetic that you'd pull the victim card here lol.

I have seen people say things like 'I don't believe in your imaginary sky God, so that doesn't pertain to me'. I have seen Christians say things on the same level of dismissivness. Believe me, if I saw a Christian insulted for no other reason and in a mean way, I would call out the jerk. You don't know me very well. You haven't seen my contributions to serene religious discussions either, it appears. I am not an atheist.

I rarely watch the MSM and have not seen an interview of Hilary Clinton in at least 2 years.

Pulling the victim card would mean that I am saying I am a victim.

You are at least confused and assume too much.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Unless you are simply trying to derail this thread because you don't want it to continue or actually discuss the topic? Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So now i am a bigot because i cant stand racist people, is that todays excuse so real bigots can feel better about themselves.

Yes. That is the OPs point. I have no idea how this has gotten so far.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It makes you bigoted against bigoted people.

Talk about self loathing...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I haven't seen anyone who hates Christians here

Bullocks. I see plenty of people mocking/bullying Christians or anyone of any faith. Maybe you refuse to see it because you agree with those doing the mocking.

It is a sad and backwards time when the defenders of the oppressed are called bigots. This is a twisted concept the right wing has invented. Or maybe it's just right wing media that ahas invented it. I am not sure whom, but they are pandering to a certain segment of the population.

It's like I'm listening to an MSNBC interview of Clinton, Very pathetic that you'd pull the victim card here lol.

I have seen people say things like 'I don't believe in your imaginary sky God, so that doesn't pertain to me'. I have seen Christians say things on the same level of dismissivness. Believe me, if I saw a Christian insulted for no other reason and in a mean way, I would call out the jerk. You don't know me very well. You haven't seen my contributions to serene religious discussions either, it appears. I am not an atheist.

I rarely watch the MSM and have not seen an interview of Hilary Clinton in at least 2 years.

Pulling the victim card would mean that I am saying I am a victim.

You are at least confused and assume too much.

So what would you call a lesbian couple who knowingly demands a religious couple to bake them a gay themed cake when they know it is against their religious beliefs???

What would you call them? Need a hint?

Come on...two lesbians intolerant of the religious couple's belief...what would you call that??????????
edit on 7/10/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

You are so evil you made me spiLl my pop all over my keyboard lol.

edit on 10-7-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Customers.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Unless you are simply trying to derail this thread because you don't want it to continue or actually discuss the topic? Hmmm.
I have discussed this to almost no end. I apologize if you find the quantity and quality of my contributions lacking. I am not a 'thread derailer'. This thread I have spent entirely enough time on though. I am awaited elsewhere. Please, do go on.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Customers.

Good try...you actually made me laugh. The correct answer, as anyone here without an agenda knows is BIGOT.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

I have discussed this to almost no end. I apologize if you find the quantity and quality of my contributions lacking. I am not a 'thread derailer'. This thread I have spent entirely enough time on though. I am awaited elsewhere. Please, do go on.

Come on...please answer the question.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

It makes you bigoted against bigoted people.

Talk about self loathing...

That WAS funny

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Is that your excuse for today, i am a bigot because i cant stand bigots, just wow, did you get that from faux news or breitbart

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

You are posting a leftist site stating an opinion as a source. The use of the absolute term wrong in the quote would be the contention. I mean I personally believe in many absolute statements but in this instance it is open to interpretation depending on which view you hold to be "true" or "wrong".
I found the article to be a good one. I know it is a leftist site, but I have seen it only about 4x in my life. The article came up in a google search, I was looking for better wording for this backwards 'calling the people who call out bigots bigotry' thing.

It is a source, this entire thread is opinion.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

I found the article to be a good one. I know it is a leftist site, but I have seen it only about 4x in my life. The article came up in a google search, I was looking for better wording for this backwards 'calling the people who call out bigots bigotry' thing.

It is a source, this entire thread is opinion.

Absolutely...this thread is an opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join