It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS image from space has something hidden and strange phenomena.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Nobody says that, because it isn't true.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is a test. It can be deleted if need be.
I keep reading about ATS censoring a certain word. Does anyone know why this is?

window ( w i n d o w )
window. ( w i n d o w . )
w
w. ( w . )

abcdew. ( a b c d e w . )

12345w. ( 1 2 3 4 5 w . )
edit on 7/15/2015 by fixer1967 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: fixer1967

It only censors it if it's immediately followed by a period. It's due to the site's coding.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

The word must be part of some crazy command code. I ran some tests (see my post above) and that is the only thing I can think of.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

The only thing thats confusing is that reply

I never said anything about taking star shots with a mobile.

I am on my mobile just now will post a full reply with EXAMPLES later.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
People see what they want to see.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ok lets look at your claims !

dont try to confuse people, others say YOU CANNOT capture stars while in space, not from earth or your mobile.

Want to explain exactly how I was trying to confuse people and I never said anything about using my mobile to take images of space

8000 iso, my camera is up to 25600 iso, so what... Just pointed out that ALL astro-photography in space is captured in high iso or some times iso technology, not applicable to consumers... This picture now, captures stars. According to other members of ATS, this shouldnt happen?

So lets see your camera goes up to 25600 iso BUT when set it at that the pictures will be VERY NOISY and not much use, you say ALL astrophotography is captured at HIGH iso, NO it all depends what they are trying to take pictures off. According to other members you can't picture stars in space who GaryN by any chance how often have those members been in space taking pictures

They are using Nikon's an off the self version NO special iso technology that's just part of the can't picture stars in space BS !!!

Links will be provide below to a timelapse video made from STILL images taken on board the ISS using Nikon D3 & D4 cameras, you will also have links to the still images and I will post details of the exif data of those images lets see if your claims are true

D4 is not a special super duper camera, is a camera like all the rest.

It's a professional grade DSLR, Full frame and unlike your camera it can go upto 208,400 iso with boost.

Body type Large SLR
Max resolution 4928 x 3280
Effective pixels 16 megapixels
Sensor size Full frame (36 x 23.9 mm)
Sensor type CMOS
ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800 (204800 with boost)
Lens mount Nikon F

I personally didnt knew that you cannot capture stars while in space.

WRONG.

Here is the first of the links first the timelapse in the video info locations, time in video and still image numbers are listed.

Now to search the still images go to GATEWAY TO ASTRONAUT PHOTOGRAPHY OF EARTH

Insert the image number in this format ISS031-E-48993

Once the image is found you can view the highest resolution version of it and if you have an exif reader you can get the info so as an example i stopped the video at 0:27 seconds. Below is a screen capture

0:24 - South Pacific Ocean, near Peru Mission: ISS031, Frames: 48993-49186

Look focal length 28mm 1/640th of a second at f10 and LOOK ISO 200 NOT YOUR CLAIMED HIGH ISO!!!

Now another example from the video 1:10 - South Pacific to South Atlantic, across Chile/Argentina
Mission: ISS031, Frames: 42147-42242 I will use the first frame number.

Focal length was 28mm 30 seconds f1.6 and LOOK ISO 800 YET AGAIN NOT YOUR CLAIMED HIGH ISO.
Even better star trails visible in the image.

Looks like your kinda WRONG!!!

edit on 16-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Ok lets look at your claims !

dont try to confuse people, others say YOU CANNOT capture stars while in space, not from earth or your mobile.

Want to explain exactly how I was trying to confuse people and I never said anything about using my mobile to take images of space

8000 iso, my camera is up to 25600 iso, so what... Just pointed out that ALL astro-photography in space is captured in high iso or some times iso technology, not applicable to consumers... This picture now, captures stars. According to other members of ATS, this shouldnt happen?

So lets see your camera goes up to 25600 iso BUT when set it at that the pictures will be VERY NOISY and not much use, you say ALL astrophotography is captured at HIGH iso, NO it all depends what they are trying to take pictures off. According to other members you can't picture stars in space who GaryN by any chance how often have those members been in space taking pictures

They are using Nikon's an off the self version NO special iso technology that's just part of the can't picture stars in space BS !!!

Links will be provide below to a timelapse video made from STILL images taken on board the ISS using Nikon D3 & D4 cameras, you will also have links to the still images and I will post details of the exif data of those images lets see if your claims are true

D4 is not a special super duper camera, is a camera like all the rest.

It's a professional grade DSLR, Full frame and unlike your camera it can go upto 208,400 iso with boost.

Body type Large SLR
Max resolution 4928 x 3280
Effective pixels 16 megapixels
Sensor size Full frame (36 x 23.9 mm)
Sensor type CMOS
ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800 (204800 with boost)
Lens mount Nikon F

I personally didnt knew that you cannot capture stars while in space.

WRONG.

Here is the first of the links first the timelapse in the video info locations, time in video and still image numbers are listed.

Now to search the still images go to GATEWAY TO ASTRONAUT PHOTOGRAPHY OF EARTH

Insert the image number in this format ISS031-E-48993

Once the image is found you can view the highest resolution version of it and if you have an exif reader you can get the info so as an example i stopped the video at 0:27 seconds. Below is a screen capture

0:24 - South Pacific Ocean, near Peru Mission: ISS031, Frames: 48993-49186

Look focal length 28mm 1/640th of a second at f10 and LOOK ISO 200 NOT YOUR CLAIMED HIGH ISO!!!

Now another example from the video 1:10 - South Pacific to South Atlantic, across Chile/Argentina
Mission: ISS031, Frames: 42147-42242 I will use the first frame number.

Focal length was 28mm 30 seconds f1.6 and LOOK ISO 800 YET AGAIN NOT YOUR CLAIMED HIGH ISO.
Even better star trails visible in the image.

Looks like your kinda WRONG!!!

Dont make that big post for me, because I am dyslexic and I am happy to announce you i haven't read even the half of it. But my camera is pro camera, 5d mark II and 25600 iso makes perfect images, only if you make crops and without editing you can see noise. Also my second camera is a pro grade camera 40d.

Your claims that I was wrong with 2 examples, cant understand you... The first picture is f10 at 640 speed, that means there is sun behind the satellite and there is plenty of light hitting the earth. The other example is 1.6F and 30 seconds? But you cannot see the earth is total blurry because of earth rotation and there is nothing special, only the still parts outside the window captured correctly - During the night. Why you sawed me these? This photographs have nothing to do with the deep space photography, they captured tumbs and earth.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

4 days to come up with that, the fact you say YOU didn't read it all tells other members a lot

A Canon 40D is NOT a pro-camera it has an APS-C size sensor unlike your 5d Mk 2 which has a full frame sensor, also you are totally wrong with your claim of no noise when being used at 25600 iso it's maximum normal setting is 6400 iso.

From dpreview.com

ISO 100 - 6400 calibrated range, ISO 50 - 25600 expansion

Just to show how bad it is against the Nikon D4 used in the ISS shots see below

The COLOUR NOISE in the 5D MK2 can clearly be seen.

Taking an image with stars in it is DEEP SPACE because they are NOT in our solar system.
edit on 20-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
yes it tells them that I am dyslexic and I avoid reading such a big huge posts... But I did answered.

What you sawed us with the noise, its a crop in 1 cm size of the image... I think I did said, that ONLY IF YOU CROP, the noise is noticeable in high iso.

ps: I think YOU DONT read must posts either

I also think the topic will derail to dslr advertisements... lets keep on topic
edit on 20-7-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join